• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
For some reason I thought that Cranbrook were playing TAS?

You're right Jim, my apologies.

Cranbrook v TAS at Rose Bay

(I mistook the A on the abbreviated for Alos when it is obviously meant to be TAS)

Tough assignment for your boys. Cranbrook seem to have a great 1sts squad this year and are coached by Brad Gill.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Joeys v Waverley, Grammar and High Queen's Park, Weigall & McKay

Joeys by a meatpie. Could go either way as Joeys will probably try a few new lads out. Joeys use the trials wisely to find the best combinations and often a team that started a game in the trials can be vastly different by the end of the season.

Riverview v Stannies & Kinross at Lane Cove

View by at least 30 sushi rolls with plenty of milk shakes bought by the Loretto girls.

Scots v Trinity & Oakhill at Summer Hill & Castle Hill

The Uruk-hai will continue their quest for middle earth domination and use Trinity as the doormat to the western suburbs. Guarantee a number of Scots cars to be vandalized and badged by Summer Hill street urchins who are not used to seeing such shiny things

Kings v Barker & St Gregs at Hornsby & Cambelltown

St Gregs to put up a big show, but ultimately the larger Kings cattle to prevail. Barker maybe home in the 2nds.

Shore v Knox at Northbridge

Shore will provide warm smiles, an excellent pie, solid coffee and a tasty post match tea, but that is all. Knox by at least a dozen spring rolls.

Newington v St Augs & St Pius at Stanmore

Battle of the Islanders. Will the Tongan lads take it up to the Peninsula Samoan Warriors? All I know I am getting in line for the Pork roll. Plenty of beef on the field and even bigger beef on the sideline watching.

Cranbrook v Alos at Rose Bay

Battle of the handbags. Cranbrook should out out-Fendi the north shore Chanels. Car park is where the action will be. Cranbrook will be supported well by the boutiques in Double Bay.

Stop the presses and hold all tickets.

As Jim has correctly pointed out, Cranbrook are playing TAS this Saturday not Alos.

Cranbrook should be too good

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thanks lads.

It is the practice at Joeys that in the final year, the sports master makes a special effort to get as many yr 12 matches as possible on Number 1. I also believe Kings and Shore do so as well.

Last home game of the year all Newington opens games play on the main ground. I think that Scots do the same thing.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Last home game of the year all Newington opens games play on the main ground. I think that Scots do the same thing.

Apologies Quick Hands.
I knew this as one of my neighbors sons finished at New in 2016 and played a game on the main oval.
He was a member of the 6ths I think. Great memories and bravo to schools who do this.

Can anyone confirm if this practice is done at TSC, Shore or View?I am sure View and Shore could do it as both have multiple fields.
I would think Scots would find this hard to do as they only have two actual rugby fields.
Newington I think have at least four rugby ovals? Am I correct QH?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Apologies Quick Hands.
I knew this as one of my neighbors sons finished at New in 2016 and played a game on the main oval.
He was a member of the 6ths I think. Great memories and bravo to schools who do this.

Can anyone confirm if this practice is done at TSC, Shore or View?I am sure View and Shore could do it as both have multiple fields.
I would think Scots would find this hard to do as they only have two actual rugby fields.

Three fields on site at Stanmore, plus the desolation of Tempe for the 14s.

Hopefully Lachlan Fear can get a second field better and closer than Tempe. Marrickville Oval was used a few years back and is much better for rugby.

When Scots did it in the past it meant that the 16As were at Centennial Park for that week. Not sure what happens now, but I think that Dr L likes that traditional rugby culture and would keep the tradition going. Rob Hart would probably be able to confirm.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
You're right Jim, my apologies.

Cranbrook v TAS at Rose Bay

(I mistook the A on the abbreviated for Alos when it is obviously meant to be TAS)

Tough assignment for your boys. Cranbrook seem to have a great 1sts squad this year and are coached by Brad Gill.

That's ok, QH! I was getting confused. I suspect you are right. I can hope!

TAS's results this year are quite interesting.

Against Ambrose Treacy College (Brisbane) the Firsts lost 38-35

Against KWS the scored were:
3rds TAS 17 KSW 5
2nds KWS 15 TAS 12
1sts KSW 26 TAS 0

Against Ste Greg's
3rds TAS 27 SGC 7
2nds SGC 15 TAS 12!
1sts SGC 59 TAS 17

On the surface, TAS has more depth in the opens than in previous year. Last year, the 3rds struggled to get a single game. This year they have been getting games and winning, while the 2nds are so far competitive. I don't know what this means, mind you! last year my attempt at scientific analyse went very badly. But traditionally TAS teams get fewer pre-seasons and so have to improve (they usually do) in the main season. And if we have competitive seconds and thirds, then that depth holds out a glimmer of hope.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That's ok, QH! I was getting confused. I suspect you are right. I can hope!

TAS's results this year are quite interesting.

Against Ambrose Treacy College (Brisbane) the Firsts lost 38-35

Against KWS the scored were:
3rds TAS 17 KSW 5
2nds KWS 15 TAS 12
1sts KSW 26 TAS 0

Against Ste Greg's
3rds TAS 27 SGC 7
2nds SGC 15 TAS 12!
1sts SGC 59 TAS 17

On the surface, TAS has more depth in the opens than in previous year. Last year, the 3rds struggled to get a single game. This year they have been getting games and winning, while the 2nds are so far competitive. I don't know what this means, mind you! last year my attempt at scientific analyse went very badly. But traditionally TAS teams get fewer pre-seasons and so have to improve (they usually do) in the main season. And if we have competitive seconds and thirds, then that depth holds out a glimmer of hope.

Cranbrook beat Grammar 60-0 last week, so either Cranbrook are very strong or Grammar are very weak or both.

They do a good job down there at Cranbrook as they don't have the depth of numbers that some other schools do but more often than not are quite competitive. This year they look to be a little more than competitive - although this week against your boys will be revealing.

R

RuggerFan1

Joeys v Waverley, Grammar and High Queen's Park, Weigall & McKay

Joeys by a meatpie. Could go either way as Joeys will probably try a few new lads out. Joeys use the trials wisely to find the best combinations and often a team that started a game in the trials can be vastly different by the end of the season.

Already got your excuse for when Joeys lose :p

R

RuggerFan1

Apologies Quick Hands.

Scots opens always play on the main usually, except for the 9ths or 8ths. They let the 9ths get a run on back to Scots day.

R

RuggerFan1

Fixtures for Scots looking interesting this weekend. First XV and Second XV playing at the same time on the opposite sides of Sydney (1st XV at Trinity, 2nd XV at Oakhill) will be interesting too see how that works out. Sucks the for the boys as they won't get as big of a away following as they usually do. I heard Scots 4th XV are play Oakhill 2nds, guessing Oakhill will trounce them.

R

RuggerFan1

Scots sports results for last weekend if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.03.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.03.01 PM.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 371

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Apologies Quick Hands.

All the Opens teams play every home game on A ground at Shore.

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Lunchlady.png
[quote="Joker,
I am never doing canteen duty again!]

A teary-eyed Joker in a reflective mood after many joyous years of Joey's canteen duty.

In a final act before his much deserved retirement, the cleverly disguised Joker lovingly prepares afternoon tea for the victorious Knox Grammar 1st XV.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Scots sports results for last weekend if anyone is interested.

Thanks RuggerFan1
Clearly, a good day for Scots across all age groups. I am just wondering how many teams do Scots have in the 13s. I couldn't seem to enlarge the bottom part. I counted 5 but could stand to be corrected

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots opens always play on the main usually, except for the 9ths or 8ths. They let the 9ths get a run on back to Scots day.

9ths at Scots??? How big has the school become? I recall years ago they would only go down to the 7ths.
I know the locals are not a fan that the intake has exceeded what was expected.

I read Scots have 30 rugby teams, 25 soccer teams and 11 Volleyball teams.

How many kiddies squeeze into the Dark Tower?

R

RuggerFan1

Thanks RuggerFan1
Clearly, a good day for Scots across all age groups. I am just wondering how many teams do Scots have in the 13s. I couldn't seem to enlarge the bottom part. I counted 5 but could stand to be corrected

Yes I believe its only 5, kind of disappointing. Seeing when the year above has 7. I wonder what everyone else is playing? Volleyball maybe :confused:

R

RuggerFan1

9ths at Scots??? How big has the school become? I recall years ago they would only go down to the 7ths.
I know the locals are not a fan that the intake has exceeded what was expected.

I read Scots have 30 rugby teams, 25 soccer teams and 11 Volleyball teams.

How many kiddies squeeze into the Dark Tower?

Yes, Rugby has become more popular in recent years. I think 9ths Squad has 35 players in it. I believe its just been a culture change.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Cranbrook beat Grammar 60-0 last week, so either Cranbrook are very strong or Grammar are very weak or both.

They do a good job down there at Cranbrook as they don't have the depth of numbers that some other schools do but more often than not are quite competitive. This year they look to be a little more than competitive - although this week against your boys will be revealing.

That's a big score. The game against TAS will be revealing

Status
Not open for further replies.