• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
I have been watching some of this Rob. Scots have showed up today!
Kings seemed not as fluid as I thought.
Would there be an upset here just like Battle of Bannockburn when they sent the English home to "think again"

My fav version.

watch
I can't handle this type of emotions after writing the season off over the week

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
There are up to 10 eligible 16A players playing 1sts or 2nds at any one week.

Coupled with 8 new arrivals in the boarding house at Lane Cove it has an impact. Prior to today Riverview hadn't won any game in this age group since Year 7 to my knowledge.

My nephew is in that age group. Nothing special with the arrival of new boarders - view always takes in new boarders in year 10. The 16’s team is largely unchanged compared to earlier teams, the big change has been the coaching.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys win 78-7
An interesting takeaway was that Shore 2nds and 1st Xv are deadly 5m out with their pick and go.
Just getting there is the hard part.

Looks like Kings woke up in the 2nd half and applied the 'trample tech" to Scots

RaRaMum

Bob McCowan (2)
‘PAN OUT’ mr cluch camera man at parra. Some footage is better than nothing but I’m motion sick. ZOOM OUT

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
My nephew is in that age group. Nothing special with the arrival of new boarders - view always takes in new boarders in year 10. The 16’s team is largely unchanged compared to earlier teams, the big change has been the coaching.

Absolutely, this is usual for all larger boarding schools. Some rural families and Old Boys only want to send their boys to boarding school for the last 3 or 4 years of school. Boarding is at capacity at View.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Of course. But imagine the comments some would be making if roles were reversed and a Newington team suddenly became competitive with an influx of boarders. ;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
QH, I could not be bothered finding everyone who disputed the ability of Riverview, thought I would sum it up replying to my original post.

Tipping someone to beat them isn't actually 'disputing their ability,' it just means someone has a different opinion to yours.

I notice that you tipped Riverview to beat Kings last week. Does that mean that you disputed the ability of the Kings team?

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Of course. But imagine the comments some would be making if roles were reversed and a Newington team suddenly became competitive with an influx of boarders. ;)
With all due respect, the capacity of the already large boarding houses increase in year 9 and then year 10 again. This is why there is such a large influx. Newingtons influx seems suspicious as all of the newcomers seem to excel both on the triangle instrument as well as the rugby field.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Tipping someone to beat them isn't actually 'disputing their ability,' it just means someone has a different opinion to yours.

I notice that you tipped Riverview to beat Kings last week. Does that mean that you disputed the ability of the Kings team?
QH, the dispute came after my comment. There were replies questioning the ability of Riverview.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)

I'm with QH on this one

i-just-came-here-to-read-the-comments-kevin-hart_o_4342095.jpg