• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
When did Waverley change the firsts jumper ?

This year, the only change is the double V missing on the back of the jersey, and the blue is slightly darker.
Very contentious issue, and the standard jersey has changed completely, let's move on!

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
The Joeys 10 from the weekend is a country boy from Narrabri. Been at the school for three years. In Yr 11.
The Jorgensen playing on the wing (Yr 10) who came on in the 2nd half is son of Michael not Peter.
With more then half the team Yr 11 it was a good hit out for the Jo Boys.
Playing your first game in the 1st XV is always daunting but playing at Bankwest Stadium would have enhanced the nerves.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok, a bit late BUT I am trying to help as always.
Will be doing this throughout the season.
Mostly just 1st XV...sorry Jim, no thirds
Cheers

Ez3ybx_VEAIDcqm

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Ok, a bit late BUT I am trying to help as always.
Will be doing this throughout the season.
Mostly just 1st XV.sorry Jim, no thirds
Cheers

Not to worry Joker. I am just so out of touch. I know nothing about TAS this year nor indeed the thirds in general. I have been covided! I can tell you that TAS and Canberra Grammar attended a rugby camp at Kinross (photo), that the TAS under 12 carnival continued but limited this time to regional teams because of covid and that TAS's first female head is both a rugby international and a qualified first grade ref. Perhaps there is some hope there?

Attachments

• Rugby camp KWS April 2021.jpg
    Rugby camp KWS April 2021.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 188

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Not to worry Joker. I am just so out of touch. I know nothing about TAS this year nor indeed the thirds in general. I have been covided! I can tell you that TAS and Canberra Grammar attended a rugby camp at Kinross (photo), that the TAS under 12 carnival continued but limited this time to regional teams because of covid and that TAS's first female head is both a rugby international and a qualified first grade ref. Perhaps there is some hope there?

Oh, I think Shore was at the camp too

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This year, the only change is the double V missing on the back of the jersey, and the blue is slightly darker.
Very contentious issue, and the standard jersey has changed completely, let's move on!

Yes, I noticed on Saturday that some boys were wearing the traditional Waverley blue and yellow butchers stripes and others had something completely different. Most boys seemed to have the traditional jersey and only a few the other one so I had assumed that the kids in the odd jerseys were wearing the training strip and possibly the uniform shop had run out of jerseys.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Yes, I noticed on Saturday that some boys were wearing the traditional Waverley blue and yellow butchers stripes and others had something completely different. Most boys seemed to have the traditional jersey and only a few the other one so I had assumed that the kids in the odd jerseys were wearing the training strip and possibly the uniform shop had run out of jerseys.

QH, It's the traditional stripes that are now gone replaced by an almost all dark blue strip, but of course not all jerseys and sizes were ready for game 1. I will leave it at that!

What did you think of the 1sts game?

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
The Joeys 10 from the weekend is a country boy from Narrabri. Been at the school for three years. In Yr 11.
The Jorgensen playing on the wing (Yr 10) who came on in the 2nd half is son of Michael not Peter.
With more then half the team Yr 11 it was a good hit out for the Jo Boys.
Playing your first game in the 1st XV is always daunting but playing at Bankwest Stadium would have enhanced the nerves.

Thought Joey F had a fairly ordinary game at 10, RS. Crabbed a bit and chewed up space for the centres. Catch-pass in the backs was also patchy, and again probably nerves, but the backs clearly outplayed their Knox opponents. The forwards, however ...
Joey is only 16 and young for his year - the coaches obviously rate him if he's keeping the other guy out.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Had the pleasure of heading down to Rat park on Saturday, watched Augustines play Riverview. Can certainly say that it satisfied my month long cravings for schoolboy footy. It was an evenly poised game throughout the first half but the coach at Riverview must’ve given the boys some of those special oranges at half time because Augustines were completely blown out of the water in the second half. I was also pleasantly surprised with the crowd that Augustines had, I heard that it was the biggest they have had in years.

Ta da
BP

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
QH, It's the traditional stripes that are now gone replaced by an almost all dark blue strip, but of course not all jerseys and sizes were ready for game 1. I will leave it at that!

WLF = the traditionalist...

While I am not associated with any school, I would prefer that they leave their traditional jerseys alone for competition rounds, but make changes for trial games only...

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF = the traditionalist.

While I am not associated with any school, I would prefer that they leave their traditional jerseys alone for competition rounds, but make changes for trial games only.

Yes Rugby Ref, you are spot on, and by the sounds of it, I think you and many others are as well, I salute you!

Here's an old "Traditionalist" saying that simply says it all, " If it ain't broke.... "

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey GPS fanatics,

I was at the Riverview v Augustines game one the weekend and was very impressed with the quality from the kids from Lane Cove.

I was looking to grasp some insight into who the strong teams will be this year in the 1st XV.

Also wouldn't mind an update on the state of the Grammar 1st XV after their courageous win over Joeys 3rd XV last year.

Ta da
BP

Luca A

Frank Nicholson (4)

Major supply issues from overseas. Same is happening in other school. The abandonment of the butcher's stripes (and of the double Vs on the back) seem to be part of an overall streamlining of school attire. Cranbrook did something similar a couple of years ago, even though the rugby jumper was left (fortunately) untouched.

https://waverley.nsw.edu.au/information/uniform/

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
At last. Actual game score, From the TAS open Rugby FB p[age:
"Thank you to Coonabarabran Junior Rugby Union Club for hosting TAS & Kinross for fixtures on Saturday.
Tough games all round for everyone, with open results as:
3rd XV TAS 0, KWS 24
2nd XV TAS 0, KWS 29
1st XV TAS 10, KWS 22
The first round of the New England Competition begins this week with fixtures in Inverell for 1sts & 3rds. TAS 2nd XV will play Calrossy next week at TAS."

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
At last. Actual game score, From the TAS open Rugby FB p[age:
"Thank you to Coonabarabran Junior Rugby Union Club for hosting TAS & Kinross for fixtures on Saturday.
Tough games all round for everyone, with open results as:
3rd XV TAS 0, KWS 24
2nd XV TAS 0, KWS 29
1st XV TAS 10, KWS 22
The first round of the New England Competition begins this week with fixtures in Inverell for 1sts & 3rds. TAS 2nd XV will play Calrossy next week at TAS."

Cheers Jim. Watch out for those Tamworth toughies at Calrossy

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Little bit of history time.

The fifteen in 1935 went through the season undefeated, their smallest winning margin being 22 to 6 against King's. The team scored 263 points (60 tries, 31 converted, and seven penalty goals) against 27 points (five tries and four penalty goals). Maurice Whelan showed pace, very sure handling, and ability to beat his opponent. He finished up the season by reaching a record points score for a G.P.S. player, 131 points in the seven competition games, made up of 16 tries, 7 penalty goals, and 31 conversions. I believe this still a AAGPS record.

16 tries.....all done wearing the "WLF winter label" uniforms.

E0Cq-dWVUAA_38i