• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Glad they had music so you couldn't hear the vile comments from the Joeys old boys on the other side. Screaming the c word loud enough that you could hear it all over the park. Absolute disgrace that nothing was done about it

Wow Flavio....my wife and her sister was there amongst the Joeys old boys (only a few) and heard nothing. If they did, they report this to the hired security (did you see them?) and they remove them.

It is such a disappointment to see the Barker supporters lobbing in here with baseless and unverified accusations. Good sportsmanship is about winning with integrity and losing with grace. I am sure you noted the Joeys SCHOOL giving the Barker team three cheers and clapping them off.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Good evening fellow GPS Rugby followers, Now that we have ascertained that Shore won’t be playing Barker, May we focus our discussions on trial games before us this weekend as we cannot undo the past.

Joeys vs Oakhill
Kings vs Waverley
Newington vs Scots
Riverview vs ?????

Any updates on preliminary team lists or insider info on how the teams are preparing for this weekend?

aussiefooty

Bob McCowan (2)
I sure hope this comment is a joke. The score is clearly stated in the description of the video and what's the problem with a highlight video? Nick an old barker boy makes puts time and effort into these each week for those who missed the game.
Slick production, you might think the game was won to nil.. it is a bad idea to make highlight videos before the season starts. It is a
worse idea to produce the highlights before the comp starts.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Sensitive. No it wasn’t a joke.

I sure hope this comment is a joke. The score is clearly stated in the description of the video and what's the problem with a highlight video? Nick an old barker boy makes puts time and effort into these each week for those who missed the game.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Good evening fellow GPS Rugby followers, Now that we have ascertained that Shore won’t be playing Barker, May we focus our discussions on trial games before us this weekend as we cannot undo the past.

Joeys vs Oakhill
Kings vs Waverley
Newington vs Scots
Riverview vs ?????

Any updates on preliminary team lists or insider info on how the teams are preparing for this weekend?

View v Knox

plus

St Andrews v Blue Mountains
Pius 2nds v High
Pius v Scots 3rds
Aloysius v Stannies
Pats v Trinity
Joeys 2nds v Augustines
St Gregs v Cranbrook
SGS v Kinross

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
News on Riverview vs Knox is that Jack bowen (10) whos well above anyone across the state and country in his position will not be playing due to injury

big call Steph - haven't seen him play, but would suggest it's a tad early to be saying he's "well above anyone across the state and country". I guess we'll see if he progresses later in the season in the rep stuff.

News from Joeys is that Max Jorgensen is out for several weeks with hammy issues.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
big call Steph - haven't seen him play, but would suggest it's a tad early to be saying he's "well above anyone across the state and country". I guess we'll see if he progresses later in the season in the rep stuff.

59cp0s.jpg

SkyBlue

Banned
I agree these highlights make it out to look barker outclassed joeys but by all reports it could
Of gone either way

It's almost like a highlight video made by an ex Barker boy would be made with the intention to showcase the best of Barker's play from that game. I mean they are 'highlights' after all. They're not made with any malice intent, and they're not made to rub it in Joey's face or anything of that nature. Nor are they made to mislead the viewer on the outcome of the game. The score is clearly shown in the description of the video. What's the harm in a highlight video? Let's not get sensitive.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Sensitive? Not at all. Most everyone makes highlights reels to showcase the game, select schools make packages to self aggrandise .

It's almost like a highlight video made by an ex Barker boy would be made with the intention to showcase the best of Barker's play from that game. I mean they are 'highlights' after all. They're not made with any malice intent, and they're not made to rub it in Joey's face or anything of that nature. Nor are they made to mislead the viewer on the outcome of the game. The score is clearly shown in the description of the video. What's the harm in a highlight video? Let's not get sensitive.

SkyBlue

Banned
Sensitive? Not at all. Most everyone makes highlights reels to showcase the game, select schools make packages to self aggrandise .

I just don't see an issue with it at all. As long as the video is made in good faith, not with the intent to tear other schools/boys down, I see it as a good way of promoting schoolboy footy to a wider community. I also do not think the video was made to self-aggrandise Barker at all. Just some good footy put on display to a wider audience. What more could you want as a footy fan? Barker won fair and square, they didn't lie about the score and they didn't degrade Joeys in making this video in anyway. Fair play. Like I said it's probably good for schoolboy footy. Let the videos live on.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Goodie, takes more than 1 win to alter an undeniable 100 plus year tradition, times aren’t changing that much.

That's fine Joker. I understand that you're salty. Being a Joey's boy you're probably not used to losing, being such a historically dominant powerhouse. Times are changing though. As you said before, "stay in your lane."

SkyBlue

Banned
Goodie, takes more than 1 win to alter an undeniable 100 plus year tradition, times aren’t changing that much.

Actually I believe of the last 3 Joeys vs Barker 1st XV match ups, Barker have won 2 of those 3. Additionally the one they lost in 2019, there was about a try difference ? After an extremely slow start from Barker. And that was without a capable front row due to injury (which I admit is pretty embarrassing due to a lack of depth, an issue that Joeys certainly do not have to deal with). However, nonetheless, it is not just "1 win." Also you say "times aren't changing that much," but there was a time where a CAS win over any GPS side was a rare feat to say the least, especially Joeys. However, the likes of Barker and Waverley are now challenging GPS sides on a weekly basis. No, I am in no way saying the CAS is equal to the GPS, nor am I insinuating that Barker and Waverley are even comparable to Joeys as a rugby powerhouse. However, what I am saying is that times have DEFINITELY changed, like it or not.

Stephgun12

Bob McCowan (2)

News from Joeys is that Max Jorgensen is out for several weeks with hammy issues.

The kid is one of the most decorated players alongside his inside centre (henry O donnell) in the whole of this rugby pool
These two have been the 10, 12 pairing in every leading rep side for the class of 2021. I would put these two above jorgensen, that kid got the name but I would take O'donnel over jorgensen, Henry has the size, strength, aggression, Ball skills, playmaking along with plenty of speed, I heard he was the quickest in the Riverview 1st XV.

One thing that sets Bowen back is his hothead which can be seen from the stands.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)

Looks like some Barker students have followed in the tradition of Riverview in stirring up the forums, while it's always good watching Joeys lose, I'm with the Joker and OlderSlower here. Stay in your lane Goosie, Barker are a long way and 100 years from being a schoolboy powerhouse. Good to see a competitive side coming from CAS for once, the number 10 and 3 for Barker looked particularly strong from those "one-sided highlights."

BP