• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

SkyBlue

Banned
Looks like some Barker students have followed in the tradition of Riverview in stirring up the forums, while it's always good watching Joeys lose, I'm with the Joker and OlderSlower here. Stay in your lane Goosie, Barker are a long way and 100 years from being a schoolboy powerhouse. Good to see a competitive side coming from CAS for once, the number 10 and 3 for Barker looked particularly strong from those "one-sided highlights."

BP

Not a student. Nor did I say Barker is at the level of Joeys, or a rugby powerhouse, or that Barker would ever reach that level. In fact, I think I explicitly stated that the two were not comparable. None of these straw man arguments please. This isn't even the point anyways. My point was, there was nothing wrong with the highlights in the first place, and I stand by that. Any person who is upset about them are purely upset about the result of the game, and hence are unhappy with the highlights.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Not a student. Nor did I say Barker is at the level of Joeys, or a rugby powerhouse, or that Barker would ever reach that level. In fact, I think I explicitly stated that the two were not comparable. None of these straw man arguments please. This isn't even the point anyways. My point was, there was nothing wrong with the highlights in the first place, and I stand by that. Any person who is upset about them are purely upset about the result of the game, and hence are unhappy with the highlights.

As a fan of Riverview, I am no stranger to one sided highlights nor was I saying that the highlights from the weekends game were bad in anyway, I was simply quoting other forum-goers who think it may be a little early to be posting highlight videos. Hope this clears things up.

BP

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Glad they had music so you couldn't hear the vile comments from the Joeys old boys on the other side. Screaming the c word loud enough that you could hear it all over the park. Absolute disgrace that nothing was done about it

Disappointed but not surprised. You can take a boar out of joeys but you can never take the joeys out of a boar...

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It seems the CAS thread has been locked for 24 hours because the children couldn't play nice. This explains why there are Barker "boys" here throwing baseless accusations and trying to get a rise out of the good men of the AAGPS. A bit like a small, immature younger brother annoying his much older, wiser, more successful brother.

Let us all try hard to be the bigger men and ignore the bleating of some upper north shore AAGPS wannabe students who have an insane desire to annoy us.

59ge06.jpg

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Joker...we are just like the Kiwis, we wanna be noticed all the time.....straying out of my lane due to lockdown. I got warned too re the unmentionable.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm also straying out of my lane due to lockdown. Any Riverview fans here? How's their forward pack been going this year? I think tomorrows game v Knox could be a beauty. Pity Bowen is out.........him v Morrison would've been a great match up. I'll be interested to see how O'Donnell goes against the Knox 12....he's also big, fast and aggressive. The Knox scrum has been going very well so far....how's the View scrum been looking? Looking forward to a great game.

SkyBlue

Banned
It seems the CAS thread has been locked for 24 hours because the children couldn't play nice. This explains why there are Barker "boys" here throwing baseless accusations and trying to get a rise out of the good men of the AAGPS. A bit like a small, immature younger brother annoying his much older, wiser, more successful brother.

Pure elitism. The epitome of pigheaded arrogance. Laughable really. I too would advise you to "play nice."

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
I thought this forum was about GPS Rugby and not childish he said / she said comments. Please don't waste our time about video highlights and whether they should be put up. Can we move on and talk some rugby as its Friday and we are all keen for tomorrow.
What I can say is that agreed O'Donnell and Bowen are great players as is Jorgensen and they play different positions that require different skill sets. What I will say is that Katoa the new addition to Barker is in the same class as Bowen and a year younger and by all reports likely to head down the League path as one Suali has done.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I thought this forum was about GPS Rugby and not childish he said / she said comments. Please don't waste our time about video highlights and whether they should be put up. Can we move on and talk some rugby as its Friday and we are all keen for tomorrow.
What I can say is that agreed O'Donnell and Bowen are great players as is Jorgensen and they play different positions that require different skill sets. What I will say is that Katoa the new addition to Barker is in the same class as Bowen and a year younger and by all reports likely to head down the League path as one Suali has done.

This thread has a fine tradition of debate and banter. Occasionally we have to deal with schoolkids from various schools and those who wish to come here and promote their schools trial win. This is mere blip and in time the kiddies will grow bored and flee back to their bedrooms.

RUGBY! Yes. So excited about finally seeing some. I have been away on business the past weekend. I am looking forward to seeing the second and third coming of Christ play this season. Max will be back in a month I am told by my son who sleeps in a room next door to the winger. Katoa? Where has he come from? What league club is he aligned with?

SkyBlue

Banned
Katoa? Where has he come from? What league club is he aligned with?

Katoa is a Penrith Panther boy. Captained their SG Ball team this year. However, gave up rugby league halfway through the season, I'm told he prefers the real rugby, and his loyalties lie with Union. I mean he gave up captaincy at Penrith to play for Barker. That's huge for rugby union. His older brother is also the hooker for bulldogs? I believe? Sione Katoa?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Katoa is a Penrith Panther boy. Captained their SG Ball team this year. However, gave up rugby league halfway through the season, I'm told he prefers the real rugby, and his loyalties lie with Union. I mean he gave up captaincy at Penrith to play for Barker. That's huge for rugby union. His older brother is also the hooker for bulldogs? I believe? Sione Katoa?

Well, let's hope. I see that Jude Gibbs is going round with the Manly Rugby League club this season. Yes, I know his father played League. Even so, that's several years of investment in his Rugby development (by school, club, Pathways) up in smoke. I'm not criticising him: he needs to do what is best for himself. But it's heartbreaking how many players we see come through the school ranks don't end up playing the game.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You GPS boys reckon you want to talk about rugby, yet I ask a serious question about the View team tomorrow to play Knox, and no one can offer an opinion.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm also straying out of my lane due to lockdown. Any Riverview fans here? How's their forward pack been going this year? I think tomorrows game v Knox could be a beauty. Pity Bowen is out...him v Morrison would've been a great match up. I'll be interested to see how O'Donnell goes against the Knox 12..he's also big, fast and aggressive. The Knox scrum has been going very well so far..how's the View scrum been looking? Looking forward to a great game.

axel, it's BP

I have not watched much of Riverview but I will attempt to give my opinion based on one trial game and what I saw on Cluch last season.

The pack this year looks a little undersized compared to previous seasons, and struggled in the scrum against Augustines. It was a very close game at half time but the 10/12 combination of Bowen and Odonnell came out after a dubious yellow card for the 12 and completely outclassed the opposition. I think Odonnell might've had a hat trick and Bowen had plenty of good involvements.

From last year I am not seeing too many returning players apart from the 10 and 12, and the pack did look a little small but in watching the Joeys vs Barker highlights I would tend to say the same about the forward pack in pink. They did look skillful and looked to move the ball when there was space so that might be the trade off for size.

I can't comment on how competitive they will be because they are yet to play a seriously quality side but thats what I know.

BP

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
axel, it's BP

I have not watched much of Riverview but I will attempt to give my opinion based on one trial game and what I saw on Cluch last season.

The pack this year looks a little undersized compared to previous seasons, and struggled in the scrum against Augustines. It was a very close game at half time but the 10/12 combination of Bowen and Odonnell came out after a dubious yellow card for the 12 and completely outclassed the opposition. I think Odonnell might've had a hat trick and Bowen had plenty of good involvements.

From last year I am not seeing too many returning players apart from the 10 and 12, and the pack did look a little small but in watching the Joeys vs Barker highlights I would tend to say the same about the forward pack in pink. They did look skillful and looked to move the ball when there was space so that might be the trade off for size.

I can't comment on how competitive they will be because they are yet to play a seriously quality side but thats what I know.

BP

Thanks BP...your a legend. I honestly think tomorrows game will be a beauty. Hopefully our scrum will work well, but the backs need to really back themselves. It's an honour for our boys to play on View 1..........i hope they make the most of it.

Luca A

Frank Nicholson (4)
Riverview team to play Knox

Glascock
Collins
Coates

Dalrymple
Morton

Caffrey
Dempsey
Allsopp

Nelson