• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kings 40-5 over New

Kings 2nds also won, 20-10 or something like that.

Kings 31-0 over High in 3rds.

New 3rds beat Kings 4ths, and their 4ths beat Kings 5ths

Kings 16As won, 15As lost

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow.... great game at the cauldron (Riverview). Enjoyed everything, from the initial ambush from Riverview, to the spirited comeback from the Joeys Boys, to then the last minute try to Riverview. Love to see Riverview finally win one at the death (about time).

BP

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
View were 14 nill after 3 minutes. and were up 28 nil. 2 intercepts. View defended really well and young Jorgo had a horror arvo defensively. Joeys got it back level, were a bit one dimensional and view stole the chocolates out of the box at the end.

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow.. great game at the cauldron (Riverview). Enjoyed everything, from the initial ambush from Riverview, to the spirited comeback from the Joeys Boys, to then the last minute try to Riverview. Love to see Riverview finally win one at the death (about time).

BP

not much in it BP. but view deserved it after being up 28 nil

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
I’ve gotta say Sam Allsopp was impressive all day at no. 8 for View, not to mention the match winning try. As usual Collins at no. 2 was solid all day, and granger was also on top of his game. Paddy Burns (Joeys Captain) was also a high performing member of the Joeys pack, as was the joeys No. 3 (didn’t get his name) who was slipping out of tackles all game.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Kings 40-5 over New

Kings 2nds also won, 20-10 or something like that.

Kings 31-0 over Grammar in 3rds.

New 3rds beat Kings 4ths, and their 4ths beat Kings 5ths

Kings 16As won, 15As lost

Not quite. It was High 1st XV who were defeated by Kings 3rds. Grammar were miles away winning at Riverview. Full report to come.

INP

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think we have a clear favourite for the GPS title ……. Riverview then Joeys then Scots, I think Shore will surprise and win a few games this year, let’s hope so GPS rugby needs it for the greater good. View has beaten Scots, Joeys and Barker plus a few more ……. I think they deserve to be favourites for the title ……… look forward to Jokers pre season picture preview ……

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
View were 14 nill after 3 minutes. and were up 28 nil. 2 intercepts. View defended really well and young Jorgo had a horror arvo defensively. Joeys got it back level, were a bit one dimensional and view stole the chocolates out of the box at the end.

can't argue with that - it was a great game of rugby, which View won right on full time to take a leaf out of Joeys playbook from recent seasons. Joeys might bemoan the yellow at the end, but View also got a couple of yellows, so call that square.

The final round at HH looks like it might be a Grand Final for the premiership - can't wait.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Newington 5 vs Kings 40

Congratulations to the boys from Parramatta for their victory. For a team that is in a rebuilding stage they surely outplayed the boys from Stamore by playing simple basic orthodox rugby.

Newington showed promising signs last week against Knox however From what I saw today they’ve got a long way to go and it will be along season for the boys.

I’m hoping the boys can prove me wrong.

Cheers
Love2scrum

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I think we have a clear favourite for the GPS title ……. Riverview then Joeys then Scots, I think Shore will surprise and win a few games this year, let’s hope so GPS rugby needs it for the greater good. View has beaten Scots, Joeys and Barker plus a few more ……. I think they deserve to be favourites for the title ……… look forward to Jokers pre season picture preview ……

After watching today’s game at Stanmore It wouldn’t surprise me if Shore surprise us and win a few games this year.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Big Papi, did you happen to be at the game today? I was hoping to run into you but couldn’t spot you on the hill. Perhaps next week against Shore. Were there any other forum goers at the match?

TME

Luca A

Frank Nicholson (4)
Big Papi, did you happen to be at the game today? I was hoping to run into you but couldn’t spot you on the hill. Perhaps next week against Shore. Were there any other forum goers at the match?

TME
I was there in a professional capacity. It was a beautiful Sydney Saturday afternoon.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)

TME

TME, we (Minister of War and Finance & I), will be down next week to support the boys against Shore on 1st Field from at least 2pm.

T

the bone cruncher

With Bowen being out, O'Donnell off in the first half and the 13 (not sure of his name) at the half, View will be happy to get away with that one. I thought Granger (14) played exceptionally well and wouldn't be surprised if he's in a GPS1s jumper, as well as Allsopp as always. Paddy Burns differentiated himself as per usual, showing some great pace from a few linebreaks. All in all a stellar match of rugby in the Cauldron. AND may I add, the steak sandwiches, SUBLIME!

Until Next Time,
TBC

g00gle

Banned
A close match at Riverview yesterday. I thought Joeys no.2 was outstanding. Ran the ball extremely well and had great game awareness. Riverview just set the tone very early and allowed Joeys the space to get back in. They seemed tired and fatigued towards the end of the second half. Will be interesting to see how both teams go this year.