• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

T

the bone cruncher

TBC here, Mock GPS1s below. Any inclusions/exclusions?

1. ?
2. Burns/Bell
3. Roberts
4. Morton
5. ?
6. ?
7.?
8. Allsopp
9. Nelson
10. Bowen
11. O. Jorg
12. O'Donnell(pending fitness)
13. Arnott?
14. Granger
15. M. Jorgo

T

timmymont23

1. ?
2. Burns/Bell
3. Roberts
4. Morton
5. ?
6. ?
7.?
8. Allsopp
9. Nelson
10. Bowen
11. O. Jorg
13. Arnott?
14. Granger
15. M. Jorgo

13. threkeld

arnott been very quiet

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)

1. ?
2. Burns/Bell
3. Roberts
4. Morton
5. ?
6. ?
7.?
8. Allsopp
9. Nelson
10. Bowen
11. O. Jorg
13. Arnott?
14. Granger
15. M. Jorgo

Burns is a lock for the #2 jumper. Granger has also been very impressive and I would be surprised if he was excluded.

Brad Jones

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys played 40 games yesterday (only the 16Cs couldn't get a game) against 11 different schools. Of these 40 games, 21 were against Scots who won 4 of them - 2nds 12-10, 4ths 19-12, 16Ds 26-14 (v Joeys Es) and 14Ds 14-10 (v Joeys Es).

A Grade games were all won by Joeys: 1sts 31-14. 16As 33-7, 15As 47-0, 14As 45-12 and 13As 60-0.

These results against Scots don't surprise me. Their are massive questions being asked by both parents and concerned old boys around the lack of success in the Scots rugby program over the last 4 /5 years, poor training, lack of technical development and other issues. Already this season the Scots results aren't great.

V Riverview 42% win ratio. (Combination A+B teams only 10% win ratio for Scots)
V Joeys 26% wins ratio (Combination A+B teams only 10% win ratio)
V Shore 60% wins ratio and 50% A+B win ratio

There is a massive ground swell happening at BH with some serious questions being asked of the rugby program and the people that head the program.

T

the bone cruncher

I think Will Rohrsheim from Shore will get the nod instead of Nelson at 9. Jackson Stiel from Shore will be in the mix for the 1 spot, along with Barrett from Joeys who was one of their best against Riverview. I think Hemsworth from Kings will be the 11, pipping O’Jorg. M’Jorg a lock at 15.

Hey Scrumcap, TBC here.

Bold call throwing in two shore names there. I haven't seen much of Rohrsheim, nor heard much about him. How does he compare to nelson? The 9/10 combination of Nelson/Bowen seems rather appetising from a cohesion point of view.

TBC

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK. No more posts on why certain posters got banned, or why they should be back. Most bans are for accumulated infractions and in most cases those who get them know full well what is on, and more importantly, off limits.
All we can do is (repeatedly) tell people to familiarise themselves with the rules.
If people in question want to have a discussion about their ban / warning they can do it privately.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
DETAILS:
Thursday, June 10 @ Knox Grammar
3:15pm - GPS Blue v CJRU U18
4:30pm - GPS White v SJRU U18
5:45pm – CAS 2ndXV v GPS 2ndXV
7.00pm – CAS 1stXV v GPS 1stXV

T

the bone cruncher

TBC

Rohrsheim has been round the traps in junior rugby, regularly a Sydney and Waratahs rep. Outstanding pass, good defender, will have a snipe but rarely gets caught with it. Has a solid kicking game. But most of all just great service. I think Nelson is good, but can overplay his hand, and not as consistent in all the above.

Btw, I think if O’Donnell doesn’t play the Riverview v Shore game could be a lot tighter than people think.

Scrumcap, TBC here.

I have no allegiance to View being a Newington Old Boy, however, I have no question riveriview even in the case of no o'donnel will role shore over. No mckenzie for shore, as well as 10 returning and a strong foward pack put view lighyears ahead of shore.

And you know what we say to that lads

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone know if Max Jorgo is fit for this Saturday

Max Jorgo is back and firing on all cylinders. Also Joeys first-choice 9 Ben Dalton is back from his broken hand from earlier this season, which has prevented him playing any of the trial games.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scrumcap, TBC here.

I have no allegiance to View being a Newington Old Boy, however, I have no question riveriview even in the case of no o'donnel will role shore over. No mckenzie for shore, as well as 10 returning and a strong foward pack put view lighyears ahead of shore.

And you know what we say to that lads
You know that when you reply, you don't need to announce who you are, as we can see. Just a thought.

T

timmymont23

I believe shore have flown quite under the radar and may have a strong team. But riverview has some incredible depth, with odonnell going off against joeys. They decided to put the twos wing on and boy did he deliver. Also i believe the view 10 from 2020 (not bowen) who was in year 10 at the time has been in out of the firsts, he has put a strong case to make a GPS side even though playing seconds for a few games. He's a very versatile player with the ability to play anywhere in the backline.
Riverview's depth is very crucial if they want to win the prem as injuries will undoubtedly prevail and they need people able to fill those key roles, which is what they done.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
TBC

Rohrsheim has been round the traps in junior rugby, regularly a Sydney and Waratahs rep. Outstanding pass, good defender, will have a snipe but rarely gets caught with it. Has a solid kicking game. But most of all just great service. I think Nelson is good, but can overplay his hand, and not as consistent in all the above.

Btw, I think if O’Donnell doesn’t play the Riverview v Shore game could be a lot tighter than people think.

Considering ‘view managed to beat Joeys even with Bowen out and O’Donnell out after about 20 minutes, I think the wolves will be able to overcome Shore with relative ease, especially seeing as Bowen will be back from what I’ve heard.

TME

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Max Jorgo is back and firing on all cylinders. Also Joeys first-choice 9 Ben Dalton is back from his broken hand from earlier this season, which has prevented him playing any of the trial games.

It should be a good showdown between Jorgensen and Taukamo at Stanmore this weekend. Whoever comes up with the goods will cement their name for GPS #15 jumper.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
FB_IMG_1622626887882.jpg

copied from another site;

1997 - so many points of interest.

Touchie - Gordon Bray
Nil X SJC
4 X Shore
Sean Maloney

how things change over 25 years

T

timmymont23

It should be a good showdown between Jorgensen and Taukamo at Stanmore this weekend. Whoever comes up with the goods will cement their name for GPS #15 jumper.

What about Matthews from view? if not ones 15 he will be a lock for twos 10 or 15