• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
1997 - so many points of interest.

Touchie - Gordon Bray
Nil X SJC
4 X Shore
Sean Maloney

how things change over 25 years[/quote]

HB, Gordon Bray as a Touchie, that's gold! Bob Egerton as a coach at Kings is interesting too. Bob taught science and Ag at Riverview in the late 80's and was playing well for Sydney U, before being called up to the Wallabies. I hear he has been teaching/coaching at New for a while now.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
A rare year with no SJC players.

Gordon Bray is such a legend.

1997 - so many points of interest.

Touchie - Gordon Bray
Nil X SJC
4 X Shore
Sean Maloney

how things change over 25 years

HB, Gordon Bray as a Touchie, that's gold! Bob Egerton as a coach at Kings is interesting too. Bob taught science and Ag at Riverview in the late 80's and was playing well for Sydney U, before being called up to the Wallabies. I hear he has been teaching/coaching at New for a while now.[/quote]

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Didn't Shore lose to Oakhill earlier in the season?

Correct. Oakhill beat Shore by 2 points. Scrumcap also has a point in that View looked completely different once O'Donnell was rested. For a kid who apparently was 1st game back from a serious injury he was outstanding.

keenas

Stan Wickham (3)
Not to worry Joker. I am just so out of touch. I know nothing about TAS this year nor indeed the thirds in general. I have been covided! I can tell you that TAS and Canberra Grammar attended a rugby camp at Kinross (photo), that the TAS under 12 carnival continued but limited this time to regional teams because of covid and that TAS's first female head is both a rugby international and a qualified first grade ref. Perhaps there is some hope there?

Scrumcap

Stan Wickham (3)
Correct. Oakhill beat Shore by 2 points. Scrumcap also has a point in that View looked completely different once O'Donnell was rested. For a kid who apparently was 1st game back from a serious injury he was outstanding.

The Oakhill side Riverview played was without all their SG Ball and Harold Mats boys, I’m told most but not all were back against Shore. I smell an upset in the making.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Oakhill side Riverview played was without all their SG Ball and Harold Mats boys, I’m told most but not all were back against Shore. I smell an upset in the making.

1 Harold Matts boy was back against Shore. There is only 3 all up in the team . None were there against Riverview. It's pretty much a rugby union team mate.

Scrumcap

Stan Wickham (3)
1 Harold Matts boy was back against Shore. There is only 3 all up in the team . None were there against Riverview. It's pretty much a rugby union team mate.

I know of at least 4 Harold Mats u17s, De Stradis twins, Spence, and Abdow. I’m told there were 6, plus another 2 SG Ball u19s, who are u18.

Scrumcap

Stan Wickham (3)
Riverview in the last 5 years have had the best cattle, but no results. Why would this year be any different.

T

the bone cruncher

Riverview in the last 5 years have had the best cattle, but no results. Why would this year be any different.

Look Scrumcap i'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Shore have been the laughing stock of the GPS for some time now and without McKenzie they get even weaker. Let's calm it down a little here and let the boys play.

T

timmymont23

Sorry to say No, the New boys and the whole team haven’t performed for the last 5 games
if they do get picked it’s purely on reputation which is a bad look.

Newington have quite a strong backline predominantly in year 11

9. Dickens (Gen blue)
10. McGregor (Gen Blue) (However concussions)
11. Maclean (Played 13 last year was very stron one of the standout players in that side)
12. Townsend (I believe) (HM sharks)
13. Taukumo (One of the most decorated players in that class very strong)
14. L.Callanan (not much info)

Year 12
15. J.Callanan (really weak defensively, only attribute is his goal kicking does not provide much else)

Interesting to see how they go next year
The 2022 class was blowing every team out of the park coming through the ranks with their biggest challenger being shore in that age group

also interesting to see how shore match up against riverview. May be closer than expected

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
A rare year with no SJC players.

Gordon Bray is such a legend.

HB, Gordon Bray as a Touchie, that's gold! Bob Egerton as a coach at Kings is interesting too. Bob taught science and Ag at Riverview in the late 80's and was playing well for Sydney U, before being called up to the Wallabies. I hear he has been teaching/coaching at New for a while now.
[/quote]

Bob Egerton is a Gentleman and a Scholar.
A well respected person not only by the rugby boys but all the students at Stanmore.
He coached the Newington 1st XV to win the 2015 Premiership.

T

timmymont23

FIFY 4 years only.

Hey badger honey the point hes trying to make is that shore are useless in the past 7 years but with their head scout doing some field work at rugby carnivals etc they have stringed together a somewhat impressive team, but i'm guessing possibly the lack of chemistry between the players has restricted them playing to a high level.