• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

BBQoysters

Frank Row (1)
He was playing 9 against Joeys I believe, an old friend of mine has a nephew at Joeys

Welcome Bricklayer.

I was surprised Bowen was bumped by the Scots fly half. He didn’t really feature in the Joeys v Scots trial or perhaps he was injured.

On a seperate note, I was at New for the game on Saturday. I was excited about the BBQ based on reputation. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to the hype, my egg and sausage role was really quite poor (vs . The options at HH) Hopefully they improve as the season progresses.

T

timmymont23

well deserved after breaking his opposites numbers ribs in the game on th weekend repeatedly putting big hits on him. Kid was forced to throw up on field. Reminiscing View vs Joeys at HH where Nick Chan had a spew.

Muminator

Bob McCowan (2)
I will be most excited for the Round 2 clash of New and View, only because of the outstanding barbecue clinic down at Stanmore.
Cheerio, BrickLayer

Make sure you eat at home, my friend. Alas, the good old New BBQ is not what it used to be. Sad. But true.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lads, BrickLayer here and new to the forum. Just from looking at the GPS sides, Riverview V. Scots will be looking more fiery than usual in Round 3. Sunset will fall on Bellevue Hill as the sides perform a clash of the titans for the silverware. As Bowen was destined to make GPS 1XV, he has been overtaken by Scots 10 McMullen. Bowen will be looking to reclaim his throne at the top of the 5/8 hierarchy, and his hot head will be evident on the field. As being a View man of myself graduating in 94', I will be most excited for the Round 2 clash of New and View, only because of the outstanding barbecue clinic down at Stanmore. Feel free to reply with some thoughts or predictions about the season thus far, its been a great one!

Cheerio, BrickLayer
I'd wager good money you weren't even born in 1994, given the writing style. Welcome to the forum.
The bolded bit is not really on.
Have a look at the rules for posting in schoolboy threads, while you're here.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
On a seperate note, I was at New for the game on Saturday. I was excited about the BBQ based on reputation. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to the hype, my egg and sausage role was really quite poor (vs . The options at HH) Hopefully they improve as the season progresses.
Must've caught them on the wrong day OS, last time I was at Stanmore it was back to Newington day and they had a pig on a spit and were producing the most unbelievable pork rolls.

BP

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Lads, BrickLayer here and new to the forum. Just from looking at the GPS sides, Riverview V. Scots will be looking more fiery than usual in Round 3. Sunset will fall on Bellevue Hill as the sides perform a clash of the titans for the silverware. As Bowen was destined to make GPS 1XV, he has been overtaken by Scots 10 McMullen. Bowen will be looking to reclaim his throne at the top of the 5/8 hierarchy, and his hot head will be evident on the field. As being a View man of myself graduating in 94', I will be most excited for the Round 2 clash of New and View, only because of the outstanding barbecue clinic down at Stanmore. Feel free to reply with some thoughts or predictions about the season thus far, its been a great one!

Cheerio, BrickLayer

Sorry to disappoint you BrickLayer, 17 July 2021, Round 2 Newington vs Riverview will be held at Lane Cove.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Make sure you eat at home, my friend. Alas, the good old New BBQ is not what it used to be. Sad. But true.

Hey Muminator,

I’ll agree with you on what the good old BBQ used to be but I won’t agree with you on eating at home before arriving at Stanmore. I’m no food Masterchef critic however the food surely fills the pellet.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
He was playing 9 against Joeys I believe, an old friend of mine has a nephew at Joeys

don't think so BBQ - not if you believe the program. Riverview's excellent #9 Dan Nelson was playing in his accustomed position against Joeys, and the #10 was one Jack Matthews. Maybe Bowen was playing under an alias?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I have heard of these famous pork roles but I think they are just a myth.

Must've caught them on the wrong day OS, last time I was at Stanmore it was back to Newington day and they had a pig on a spit and were producing the most unbelievable pork rolls.

BP

T

timmymont23

A viable source has told me that the selectors wanted a more consistent, reliable and promising 5/8 in the GPS 1st and that they just didn't see Bowen filling in the criteria with a someone what sup-par performance against Shore on the weekend, wheres McMullen helped Scots beat a very strong Kings side just with goal kicking. McMullen is looking very promising with selectors having their hopes high as they seem him wearing the number 10 for the Aus school boys. In the views of many McMullen was always the better 10 as he has always been very consistent and very promising, scots have been plagued with injuries to both their forwards and their backs while still attacking very well. McMullen is also very versatile and can fill in many rolls as seen playing 9, 10 and 12 this season wheres Bowen is only seen playing 10 and sticking to that position so it was a clear choice for the selectors in picking the more promising 10

Hasn't been consistent whatsoever. Bowen had 2 tries and 2 try assists and led the team to victory. Not only that but he beat scots when he was playing as well as kings

T

timmymont23

don't think so BBQ - not if you believe the program. Riverview's excellent #9 Dan Nelson was playing in his accustomed position against Joeys, and the #10 was one Jack Matthews. Maybe Bowen was playing under an alias?

Bowen did not play

T

timmymont23

A viable source has told me that the selectors wanted a more consistent, reliable and promising 5/8 in the GPS 1st and that they just didn't see Bowen filling in the criteria with a someone what sup-par performance against Shore on the weekend, wheres McMullen helped Scots beat a very strong Kings side just with goal kicking. McMullen is looking very promising with selectors having their hopes high as they seem him wearing the number 10 for the Aus school boys. In the views of many McMullen was always the better 10 as he has always been very consistent and very promising, scots have been plagued with injuries to both their forwards and their backs while still attacking very well. McMullen is also very versatile and can fill in many rolls as seen playing 9, 10 and 12 this season wheres Bowen is only seen playing 10 and sticking to that position so it was a clear choice for the selectors in picking the more promising 10

I'm also quite sure they are moving him around because he doesn't fit the game plan. I've heard they were trying to drop him. But answer me this FRANK if he was the favourite for the aus 10 schoolboys why would they move him out of position?

Also lachie albert few years ago made the schoolboys play GPS 2's 9. Im sure bowen will follow.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
As GPS Supporter I can only hope that the selectors have selected the right boys in the right positions especially in the forwards because from the what I’ve seen in the respective trials they (CAS) are brutal in their set pieces.

Good Luck to all the GPS teams.
Cheers
Love2Scrum