• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Last game NSW 1 22 - 7 over Qld II.

My son reports that ACT looked the most impressive today - I wonder if that is the Brumbies academy team or a 2nd XV as NSW has done.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Last game NSW 1 22 - 7 over Qld II.

My son reports that ACT looked the most impressive today - I wonder if that is the Brumbies academy team or a 2nd XV as NSW has done.
Approx half the boys in the team today are from the u18’s Brumbies squad which played a trial against Melb Rebels last Saturday in Canberra and the previous week against the Western Force. Both were very brutal physical games.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
is it just me or is the national schools carnival a lot less interesting now that the best school players are not available as they are on Gen Blue duties. I assume it is the same for other states. The pathways have become complex, I imagine a lot of money is wasted in duplication and the whole thing feels a bit odd. Can anyone explain how the delineation between NSW schools and Gen Blue came about and what the rationale is?

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will be amazed if they play all the games on that field. It was that wet, people couldn't even kick off. Surprised they don't revert to place kicks for kick offs!

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
There aren't many but there is a multi purpose field at Blackman Park in Lane Cove where rugby is sometimes played and Randwick has 1 synthetic field at Latham.
Yes and Latham is at South Coogee (Randwicks ground). Not a huge fan of synthetic fields, mind you technology is getting better, but they are terrific when the weather is poor, as per current, otherwise there would be 0 games played.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
is it just me or is the national schools carnival a lot less interesting now that the best school players are not available as they are on Gen Blue duties. I assume it is the same for other states. The pathways have become complex, I imagine a lot of money is wasted in duplication and the whole thing feels a bit odd. Can anyone explain how the delineation between NSW schools and Gen Blue came about and what the rationale is?
my take on this (and it may be wrong) is that it dawned on Rugby Australia and its associated state junior rugby unions that it was patently unfair on kids who had left school, yet were in the same age demographic as current school kids, who missed out on selection in the prestigious Australian Schoolboys teams of yesterday (with the associated perks - touring, prestige etc). Also World Rugby changed from U19 and U21 global competitions to just U20 in 2008. So kids playing club rugby who could previously have qualified for U19 now had to compete with kids a year older.
So RA instituted the concept of "Schoolboys and U18" teams instead of just "schoolboys". This allows kids playing club rugby to be available for selection along with the school kids in the Gen Blue teams. The downside is of course that it devalues the National Schools Championships since the better schools players are not available.
While on this theme, what Australian Rugby needs to do is to institute a National Schools Championship along the lines of the the Craven Week in South Africa, the English RFU National Schools Cup and the NZ National Secondary School First XV Championship. Individual schools in australia are very limited in their exposure to other states' top rugby schools - it would be great to see (say) Joeys vs Nudgee, arguably the top rugby schools in each state who (I believe) have never played each other!

Warrick Holland

Frank Row (1)
Just while we are on this topic, a bit unsure on how the country team is shaping up for this weekend but I know for sure it will be a race to the finish with the NSW schools teams and the SJRU Sydney team which I could not of said in previous years.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Team list for ACT.....anyone? Please point me in the right direction
1. Logan Pou - St. Edmund's College Canberra

2. Anthony Lemisio - St. Edmund's College Canberra

3. Flynn Russell - Canberra Grammar School

4. Sam Chasling - Tuggeranong Vikings

5. Jack Preston - Queanbeyan

6. Lachlan Crew - Canberra Grammar School

7. Darcey Bush - Daramalan College

8. Deveraux Tapelu - St. Edmund's College Canberra

9. Jake Mead - Marist College Canberra

10. Andrew McFarlane - St. Edmund's College Canberra

11. Joey Henry - Marist College Canberra

12. Keresoma Tuilagi - Tuggeranong Vikings

13. Tom Hayes - Marist College Canberra

14. Lekani Mpaso - Wests

15. Shane Wilcox - St. Edmund's College Canberra

REPLACEMENTS

16. Drew Brndusic - Albury Steamers

17. Joseph Leuii - Uni-Norths Owls

18. Liuaki Percival - St. Edmund's College Canberra

19. Henry Alsworth - St. Edmund's College Canberra

20. Patrick Iles - Marist College Canberra

21. Seb Laws - Canberra Grammar School

22. Morris Clementson - Wests

23. Lachlan Roff - Marist College Canberra

This is from their game against Victoria

Rae Rae

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
1. Logan Pou - St. Edmund's College Canberra

2. Anthony Lemisio - St. Edmund's College Canberra

3. Flynn Russell - Canberra Grammar School

4. Sam Chasling - Tuggeranong Vikings

5. Jack Preston - Queanbeyan

6. Lachlan Crew - Canberra Grammar School

7. Darcey Bush - Daramalan College

8. Deveraux Tapelu - St. Edmund's College Canberra

9. Jake Mead - Marist College Canberra

10. Andrew McFarlane - St. Edmund's College Canberra

11. Joey Henry - Marist College Canberra

12. Keresoma Tuilagi - Tuggeranong Vikings

13. Tom Hayes - Marist College Canberra

14. Lekani Mpaso - Wests

15. Shane Wilcox - St. Edmund's College Canberra

REPLACEMENTS

16. Drew Brndusic - Albury Steamers

17. Joseph Leuii - Uni-Norths Owls

18. Liuaki Percival - St. Edmund's College Canberra

19. Henry Alsworth - St. Edmund's College Canberra

20. Patrick Iles - Marist College Canberra

21. Seb Laws - Canberra Grammar School

22. Morris Clementson - Wests

23. Lachlan Roff - Marist College Canberra

This is from their game against Victoria

Rae Rae

That’s their Academy team. So they’ve brought the big guns.

That’s their Academy team. So they’ve brought the big guns.
I pretty sure that is the wrong team list the correct one is

1 Taua Fagatele St Edmunds

2 Tony Lemisio St Edmunds

3 Drew Brndusic Albury

4 Henry Alsworth St Edmunds

5 Nathan Butt Tumut

6 Deveraux Tapelu St Edmunds

7 Darcey Bush Daramalan

8 Abraham Tuli St Edmunds

9 Jake Mead Marist

10 Andrew McFarlane St Edmunds

11 Joe Henry Marist