• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kings 16Bs after their win on Saturday
83D26844-DF5B-47DC-8BDF-52AED3211071.jpeg

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Newington has just announced of a Glengarry style program to be held at their newly purchased campus in the mid north coast of NSW. Year 9 and 10 boys will be spending up to a term there. Hopefully this won’t interfere with the crucial u16s rugby development. EDIT I just saw this already posted and I agree the money would be better spent on increased boarding numbers not teaching boys to sew and iron.

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Newington has just announced of a Glengarry style program to be held at their newly purchased campus in the mid north coast of NSW. Year 9 and 10 boys will be spending up to a term there. Hopefully this won’t interfere with the crucial u16s rugby
KINGS and SHORE.... we need your results.

The comp tables below are incomplete as we do not have all the results.

View attachment 14236
15A Kings 17 b Shore 7
15B 12 all

O

Old High Boy

got to feel for the boys from High, struggling against an unsympathetic system in their non-rugby-friendly school, but still fronting up and copping a flogging every week.

Incidentally, last Monday saw the funeral of legendary High Coach Tony Hannon, who produced some very good 1st XV teams over his 40 year career at High. He was a good coach and a good man. His funeral was well attended by Joeys people, with whom he had developed strong friendships, including Br Anthony Boyd. Vale.

So true AV - what lads remaining who do play rugby at SBHS try very hard, play hard, and shake hands with their opposites - even when the result has usually gone against them

As for Mr Hannon, what a giant of the school - much respected by everyone within High, and outside of it.

Vale Tony Hannon

Ramen39

Bob McCowan (2)
As an infamous Joeys Rugby lover, I highly dislike Scots but I must say I was concerned with the injury of Scots #12 (Cummins), anyone know any further information about his injury?

O

Old High Boy

who? My memory aint so good these days

Jason Jones Hughes

I remember Mr O'Neil being quite upset when he chose Wales over the ARU system... he even demanded compensation payments from the Welsh RU after he defected, stating that the RFU poured years of funds into his rugby development

O

Old High Boy

As an infamous Joeys Rugby lover, I highly dislike Scots but I must say I was concerned with the injury of Scots #12 (Cummins), anyone know any further information about his injury?

I hope he is right for Saturday - a BIG match coming at Bellevue Hill this coming weekend...

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Newington has announced that it plans to establish a campus on the Mid-North Coast. similar to Glen Gary, in 2024. Boys will rotate out each term in groups of sixty boys in year 9. Personally, I rather we spent the Money on expanded boarding at Stanmore. Clearly it will impact on our 15s Rugby, over terms two and three.
B & W and DragonMan

Yep got the email from New this afternoon. So it looks like boarding of regional boys is off the table.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
No idea. Like yourself I bleed cerise and blue but still have after all these years a soft spot for the College. In my career there I taught many, many fine young men. There are so many that I continue to see and catch up with. I believe these lads helped sharpen my banter skills every rugby season when the Joeys game came round. I enjoyed 13 seasons of rubbing their noses (only so gently) in it. I did have my car rubbished, shaving creamed and wet toilet papered on 4 occasions.

O

Old High Boy

No idea. Like yourself I bleed cerise and blue but still have after all these years a soft spot for the College. In my career there I taught many, many fine young men. There are so many that I continue to see and catch up with. I believe these lads helped sharpen my banter skills every rugby season when the Joeys game came round. I enjoyed 13 seasons of rubbing their noses (only so gently) in it. I did have my car rubbished, shaving creamed and wet toilet papered on 4 occasions.

Will u be there this Saturday at BH J?

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
Jason Jones Hughes

I remember Mr O'Neil being quite upset when he chose Wales over the ARU system... he even demanded compensation payments from the Welsh RU after he defected, stating that the RFU poured years of funds into his rugby development
Spot on, he was the next Dan Herbert for mine and a significant loss to Australian rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.