• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey everyone.
We need a few results.
Can you help??

View attachment 14316
a trophy for the winner of a ‘school championship’ as well as recognising the winner of the 1sts and 2nds, would be a good idea. Points awarded for winners across grades and age groups. It would reduce the desire by schools to do the thing that can’t can’t be mentioned here, and highlight the school which is focusing on all age groups. Grade cricket do it.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
a trophy for the winner of a ‘school championship’ as well as recognising the winner of the 1sts and 2nds, would be a good idea. Points awarded for winners across grades and age groups. It would reduce the desire by schools to do the thing that can’t can’t be mentioned here, and highlight the school which is focusing on all age groups. Grade cricket do it.
Mmmm..... I shall discuss this with the brains trust. Thank you for the idea.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
1659232491322.png

Still trying to recover from Yesterday........ what a bell ringer ! Joeys deserved the win, Scots will lament the handling errors and penalties. A champion team prevailed over a team of champions. Best on field for Joeys 9 and 13 Best for Scots was 5 and 15. Joeys impenetrable defence forced Scots into a kicking game and razzle moves that just ended in more handling errors. I would love to see a rematch in a few weeks if the teams swapped coaches........ Looks like Joeys have it in the bag........ great to see Shore get the win GPS Rugby seems to be a very close contest week in week out

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone have reports on how bartlet went in the 16As? and how brial played in the 1sts.

also shore vs riverview who won in the 16s with their round robbin also featuring grammar.

Who stood out in the younger age groups throughout the weekend?
Brial played seconds not firsts but he played very good in the seconds

welovescrums12

Frank Row (1)
Kings scored right at the death about 20 m left of the posts; there was no wind, and the kick looked to be heading straight, but veered left and just missed.

The Kings lad was so distraught immediately after the kick, and was on his knees looking disconsolate, but it was great to see two Newington lads walk up to him, lift him up, and shake his hand to console him - classy stuff from Newington
G'day Old High Boy,
I noticed in the 3rd XV game Kings v High they did a minutes silence. Hoping you'd be able to fill me in on why this was. It was a extremely well played game, well done to high who kept their heads up and didn't let the score discourage them. I believe this Kings team will give Scots a run for their money in the weekend coming after their narrow loss to them by 1 point in the trials. Would love to hear your thoughts on the 3rd XV comp as my nephew plays for Kings.
Cheers,
Scrums

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This report would be highly unlikely.

My advice is to not comment on matters like these unless you wish to be shown the door.
Joker - you seem to have a knack for enforcing the rule of law in this thread. Has the moderation team ever approached you for assistance?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker - you seem to have a knack for enforcing the rule of law in this thread. Has the moderation team ever approached you for assistance?
Thanks.
I speak from experience of being "whacked" a couple of times for simple, stupid things.
I have been walking on the thinnest of ice for many years so I hope from my experience I can help others.

Offer to be part of the mod team?
No.
They probably think it would be like putting Charles Manson in charge of the asylum.

schoolboy-caned.jpg

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
This report would be highly unlikely.

My advice is to not comment on matters like these unless you wish to be shown the door.
There is almost no chance that anyone broke into the joeys change rooms, firstly they definitely would have been seen and secondly don't change rooms usually get locked during games? I'm not sure about this tho. Also even if someone did, there are cameras outside the away sheds so they'll get caught straight away

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
So does shute shield

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All, random question that I was hoping someone might be able to help answer…

Team A player tackled by team B player. First player there is a team A support player. He sets himself over the ball on his feet (all good so far). Team B players coming into the breakdown are then being palmed off (chest and face) by the afore mentioned team A player (he was 20 odd kgs heavier than our guys so was pretty impossible for our small back rowerto move).

It that legal?? Can you fend when not in possession of the ball?

Side note was actually pretty funny the first time watching him swatting opposition players away from the breakdown!!

Infamous schoolboy

Stan Wickham (3)
View attachment 14318

Still trying to recover from Yesterday........ what a bell ringer ! Joeys deserved the win, Scots will lament the handling errors and penalties. A champion team prevailed over a team of champions. Best on field for Joeys 9 and 13 Best for Scots was 5 and 15. Joeys impenetrable defence forced Scots into a kicking game and razzle moves that just ended in more handling errors. I would love to see a rematch in a few weeks if the teams swapped coaches........ Looks like Joeys have it in the bag........ great to see Shore get the win GPS Rugby seems to be a very close contest week in week out
tmp.GIF

Insight into your personal meeting with Darth lambert ?? :)

O

Old High Boy

Hi All, random question that I was hoping someone might be able to help answer…

Team A player tackled by team B player. First player there is a team A support player. He sets himself over the ball on his feet (all good so far). Team B players coming into the breakdown are then being palmed off (chest and face) by the afore mentioned team A player (he was 20 odd kgs heavier than our guys so was pretty impossible for our small back rowerto move).

It that legal?? Can you fend when not in possession of the ball?

Side note was actually pretty funny the first time watching him swatting opposition players away from the breakdown!!

No, this is not legal when the defending palm off is directed towards the face, or overall head.

Status
Not open for further replies.