• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots forwards were too good, but what was disappointing was the insidious playing the ref by both sides. Close to the sideline in one play and all the Scots team threw their hand out saying it was out, it wasn't. Barker were just as bad. FFS you are schoolkids and when you leave the insular world of schoolboy rugby where you are seen as gods in your own little world you are in for a big shock. It is starting to look like how referees are treated in the round ball game. Also sledging one player by the whole cheer squad is not right
I agree with you flavio, a lot of teams have to get better at not debating with the ref and not
yelling out at the ref like the round ball players do. Rugby respects the ref. With your point about sledging one player, I think you're right but, when a player is the one closest to the sideline (therefore closest to the crowd) he is typically the one who gets sledged, which is unfortunate as that person is usually the same player for the whole game.

Anyway, was a good game of footy and was good to watch. One more thing, Barker's crowd wasn't the best today, how is it during their home games? I've never watched Barker at home so if anyone has I'd love to know.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots win every game against the hapless CAS Barker across all age groups including the 15s with half the cohort at Glengarry, a solid result against the CAS incumbent premiership team ……… I have made clear my beliefs about mixing with the great unwashed from the CAS, it’s painfully clear to me that they are not worthy …….. nor should the AAGPS even consider them for ANY form of GPS competition inclusion …….
Love your passion Rob. Consider me standing with you on the hill while stare down the CAS barbarian hordes.

6f9rzq.jpg

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ok....who is in?
AAGPS tipping competition.
Starting next weekend with the trial games then the comp games
1st XV only at this stage
Anyone want to play this?
Happy to set up.
FREE to enter and priceless to brag at the end of the season.
Will only do it if I can get at least 10 people to start.
100% in, maybe the winner/s could get a title or symbol next to or under their name to signify they won the tipping comp.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
For anyone who has watched Juniors, any standouts players from the game? I know a lot of the 13, 14s and 15s from scots and can name some of their best if people are interested but is anyone else seeing other players who are looking very good for their respective schools?

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
My Premiership expectation based on results to date...early days but 3 schools in better form at this point.

28% Joeys
25% Shore, Scots
16% Kings
14% Newington, Riverview

I saw the Newington/Scots match and it was a fair result. Both teams showed glimpses of past glories but I felt Scots showed the greater potential to develop.

Last edited:

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
Scots win every game against the hapless CAS Barker across all age groups including the 15s with half the cohort at Glengarry, a solid result against the CAS incumbent premiership team ……… I have made clear my beliefs about mixing with the great unwashed from the CAS, it’s painfully clear to me that they are not worthy …….. nor should the AAGPS even consider them for ANY form of GPS competition inclusion …….
Yeh bro that's why GPS lost to CAS 3 years In a row you flop, also last year every GPS team lost to a CAS team so your beliefs are embarrassing

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
My Premiership expectation based on results to date...early days but 3 schools in better form at this point.

28% Joeys
25% Shore, Scots
16% Kings
14% Newington, Riverview

I saw the Newington/Scots match and it was a fair result. Both teams showed glimpses of past glories but I felt Scots showed the greater potential to develop.
Hello GPS Observer
Trying to predict GPS Rugby, would most likely give Nostradamus, a headache.

O

Old High Boy

Ok....who is in?
Happy to set up.
Count me in Joker..

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
All of today's results for the 1st, 2nds and 3rds have now been posted on the AAGPS website

1 XV Newington 48 b St.Augustines 7
2nd XV Newington about 50 b St.Augustines 0
Not Aware of other results
I expected a lesser score, than the previous week against Shore, as I am sure St.Augustines as mentioned previously, have began to adjust to GPS standard Rugby. I am sure in the coming weeks, they will adjust even further.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Join us for some fun this season.
Here is the next round.
Anyone else I can add?
BTW....are Newington playing this coming Saturday?

Untitled.jpg

Rules are as follows.

1. Team on the left denotes home ground venue
2. Win equals 3 points, draw 1 point. A tipped draw equals 5 points.
3. All tips must be in by midnight Friday.
4. If you fail to get your tips in then you will be given all the away teams.
5. Rules may change at any stage as due to the mood swings of the operator.
6. Advice welcome when constructive.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 131

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Join us for some fun this season.
Here is the next round.
Anyone else I can add?
BTW....are Newington playing this coming Saturday?

View attachment 13433

Rules are as follows.

1. Team on the left denotes home ground venue
2. Win equals 3 points, draw 1 point. A tipped draw equals 5 points.
3. All tips must be in by midnight Friday.
4. If you fail to get your tips in then you will be given all the away teams.
5. Rules may change at any stage as due to the mood swings of the operator.
6. Advice welcome when constructive.

I posted this previously….

I'm told Newington has opted not to play any fixtures on Sat 14th May as they have a Cadets Camp week and wont be able to train.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Ok....who is in?
Happy to set up.
Count me in, sounds like fun!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Ok....who is in?
Happy to set up.
Count me in Joker

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Joker

I'm in for tips. Newington aren't playing this week due to cadet camp week. It was a good, solid win against Auggies.

Tips for 14th May from Wyvernboy

Joeys, Shore,View, Scots

Wyvernboy

Status
Not open for further replies.