• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hey Joker, as for point 4 it probably should read: "equal to (or lower?) than the lowest scores picked for the round". Just want to circumvent the unlikely situation if all away teams win!
Please give me a practical example. (a bit muddle headed today)
Use this weekend away teams as winners, give an example score win, how would you give points?
Thank you for your assistance. This will be some fun.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry, a bit late with these. My own format taken from twitter

results(1).png

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Latest tip and entries (welcome Lindommer and Ace)

NOTE- Next week I encourage you to send me tips via message as by way of keeping it honest.
I will publish the tips on Saturday morning and results in the evening (or Sunday)

Untitled.jpg

We are up to nine.

Remember

1. Team on the left denotes home ground venue
2. Win equals 3 points, draw 1 point. A tipped draw equals 5 points.
3. All tips must be in by midnight Friday. NONE will be accepted on Saturday
4. If you fail to get your tips in then you will be given all the away teams.
5. Rules may change at any stage as due to the mood swings of the operator.
6. Advice welcome when constructive.

View attachment 13436
my tips:
joeys. shore. rview. scots
kind regards
bernard foleys stunt double

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hi Black & White

15A's and 16A's won quite comfortably against Auggies. Not much else to report except New 16A's are a fairly strong team and all yr10 with not many/if any going up to opens. This may not be the case with other GPS schools this year ie: Scots as a few 16's are playing up.

Wyvernboy
How did 13A's and 14a's go?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hi Black & White

15A's and 16A's won quite comfortably against Auggies. Not much else to report except New 16A's are a fairly strong team and all yr10 with not many/if any going up to opens. This may not be the case with other GPS schools this year ie: Scots as a few 16's are playing up.

Wyvernboy
Many, thanks Wyvernboy,

Yes the 16s are a strong side, I remember when they where 13s and except for a few schools, most notably Scots, they generally, Head and Shoulders above the other schools. One would hope they maintain their skills, as Newington could have a very strong 1st XV in 2024.

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
Can anyone confirm Joeys are playing Barker in the 1sts, 2nds and junior A's? AAGPS website says they are playing St. Augustine's this Saturday. CAS website says Barker away to Joeys.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Can anyone confirm Joeys are playing Barker in the 1sts, 2nds and junior A's? AAGPS website says they are playing St. Augustine's this Saturday. CAS website says Barker away to Joeys.
The early draft the school circulated said Barker. The more recent release said Auggies so I suspect the AAGPS site is correct. In reality there is no point playing any fixture against Barker other than the 1's, Barker have certainly been reluctant to put up their age group A's against Joeys in recent years so I suspect it all got too difficult.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Hi All

Newington v St Augustines Match Report

After a tough and even battle last Saturday against Scots, Newington made a few changes to their backline ( which I think were for the better ) and came up against an Auggies team that got thumped by Shore. Everyone expected Auggies to be better than last week ( which they probably were ) however never looked like putting a lot of pressure on New.
New 10 ( should play 10 all the time ), had a great game and passed, kicked and ran the ball and took the right options most of the time. Good service from 9 with the forwards giving a good set piece. Solid centre pairing which handled the Auggies backline and made many breaks. The 15 for New is a find. Runs hard and straight and links well with the wingers. With 1/2 players coming back in the next couple of weeks, a few tweaks may happen ( as mentioned, I think J Maclean best position in this team is 11 ) but at the moment 13 is ok for him.
The forwards were solid. Improving on the Scots game, their line out was good and scrum was solid. Auggies is not a top side however it was good to see New forwards run hard and straight and seemed to have better fitness than in previous years. Breakdown was in general ok with a few mistakes but conceded a soft goal line try early. This can not happen against better teams. Overall, a good performace.
2nds dominated and were better than last week.
Newington will play Waverley, Knox and Kings next. This will be a good test to see were they are. As mentioned, I think New have the talent in most positions to challenge for the premiership. Fitness and depth will be their biggest hurdle. Fingers crossed the boys stay healthy.

Any other New supporters have thoughts about the game
See you in two weeks

Wyvernboy
Hi Wyvernboy,

It was my first 2022 Newington game since last years game against Joeys.

I went went to the game with a opened mindset as I had watched Shore vs St Augustine the week before at Leichhardt Oval prior to the Waratahs v Crusaders game and I will admit that St Augustine were very competitive for the first 20 minutes of game which threw the boys from Stanmore off their game.

Once the Newington nerves were settled they began kicking into gear. Their forwards were dominant in their set pieces (Something I haven’t seen for a while) and with 1, 2, and 3 running straight hard lines and with aggression was good to see.

The 9 and 10 Combination worked well together and that set the platform for the outside backs to razzle and dazzle their talent and speed in attack.

IMO Moving forward I would like to see the 15 move to 13. He runs defends hard and runs straight lines and move 13 to 15 so he can links with the either 11 or 14 Wingers in attack.

All in all a good day of rugby at Rat Park.

Cheers
Love2scrum

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hi Black & White

Wyvernboy
Many Thanks WyvernBoy
Black&White

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Sorry, Not sure how 13,14s went.
Love2Scrum, agree that 1,2 and 3 are setting a very good scrum. Look fit and running well. They were supported by a hard working back row. Line outs were also impressive. I think they have done some work in this area. 9/10 are combining well. They need to keep it simple.
15 could move to 13. As mentoned, the centres will need to defend well especially against Joeys who are quick and 15 can tackle and run hard. Not sure about 13 going to 15. Would have 14 go to 15 and move 13 to 14. Opinions are opinions. They'll figure it out. Plus there are 1/2 coming back so will be interesting to see what the coaches do. As Joker said, a settled, well combined backline is crucial. It gives the boys confidance in each others play.
See you in 2 weeks

Wyvernboy

PS Love2Scrum after watching Shore v Auggies, are the Shore forwards very good ? Shore will play a forwards game but Shore may be lacking a bit of size,speed and skill in the backs.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Hi All

Sorry, Not sure how 13,14s went.
Love2Scrum, agree that 1,2 and 3 are setting a very good scrum. Look fit and running well. They were supported by a hard working back row. Line outs were also impressive. I think they have done some work in this area. 9/10 are combining well. They need to keep it simple.
15 could move to 13. As mentoned, the centres will need to defend well especially against Joeys who are quick and 15 can tackle and run hard. Not sure about 13 going to 15. Would have 14 go to 15 and move 13 to 14. Opinions are opinions. They'll figure it out. Plus there are 1/2 coming back so will be interesting to see what the coaches do. As Joker said, a settled, well combined backline is crucial. It gives the boys confidance in each others play.
See you in 2 weeks

Wyvernboy

PS Love2Scrum after watching Shore v Auggies, are the Shore forwards very good ? Shore will play a forwards game but Shore may be lacking a bit of size,speed and skill in the backs.
WB by all accounts Knox were in control in the forwards against Shore and were unlucky not to win it through pick and drives and rolling mauls. Three tries held up over the line and a mistake at the end that would have gifted them a 5m lineout and an almost certain try.

Knox two props still in year 11 as well.

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am not sure how you can accidentally do a spear tackle... You need to pick him up, raise both legs past the horizontal, and then force him to land on his shoulder or back (yellow card), or on his head or neck (red card).
I do hope you learn that these tackles are simply dangerous, not on, and there is no room for them in our game..
I went very low for the tackle and his momentum went over me. When I tried to lift his legs as you would in a legal tackle his momentum continued going over me tipping him past the horizontal.

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree with you flavio, a lot of teams have to get better at not debating with the ref and not
yelling out at the ref like the round ball players do. Rugby respects the ref. With your point about sledging one player, I think you're right but, when a player is the one closest to the sideline (therefore closest to the crowd) he is typically the one who gets sledged, which is unfortunate as that person is usually the same player for the whole game.

Anyway, was a good game of footy and was good to watch. One more thing, Barker's crowd wasn't the best today, how is it during their home games? I've never watched Barker at home so if anyone has I'd love to know.
Bit hypocritical considering you got us penalised for backchat once or twice in our game on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.