• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Ok....who is in?
AAGPS tipping competition.
Starting next weekend with the trial games then the comp games
1st XV only at this stage
Anyone want to play this?
Happy to set up.
FREE to enter and priceless to brag at the end of the season.
Will only do it if I can get at least 10 people to start.
Hi Joker

I'm in for this tipping comp.

My Tips for 14th May are;

Joeys, Waverley, Kings, Scots

Cheers
Love2scrum

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I posted this previously….

I'm told Newington has opted not to play any fixtures on Sat 14th May as they have a Cadets Camp week and wont be able to train.
It maybe unknown, but the Newington Cadet Corp is Co-educationl with MLC Burwood. Clearly, some of the boys will have other things on their minds, that go beyond Rugby.

Ok....who is in?
Happy to set up.
i’m in. let’s goooo

Ok....who is in?
Happy to set up.
Hi joker, long time viewer, first time commenter! count me in!
my tips are: joeys, shore, view, scots

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
We are up to nine.

Remember

1. Team on the left denotes home ground venue
2. Win equals 3 points, draw 1 point. A tipped draw equals 5 points.
3. All tips must be in by midnight Friday. NONE will be accepted on Saturday
4. If you fail to get your tips in then you will be given all the away teams.
5. Rules may change at any stage as due to the mood swings of the operator.
6. Advice welcome when constructive.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Newington v St Augustines Match Report

After a tough and even battle last Saturday against Scots, Newington made a few changes to their backline ( which I think were for the better ) and came up against an Auggies team that got thumped by Shore. Everyone expected Auggies to be better than last week ( which they probably were ) however never looked like putting a lot of pressure on New.
New 10 ( should play 10 all the time ), had a great game and passed, kicked and ran the ball and took the right options most of the time. Good service from 9 with the forwards giving a good set piece. Solid centre pairing which handled the Auggies backline and made many breaks. The 15 for New is a find. Runs hard and straight and links well with the wingers. With 1/2 players coming back in the next couple of weeks, a few tweaks may happen ( as mentioned, I think J Maclean best position in this team is 11 ) but at the moment 13 is ok for him.
The forwards were solid. Improving on the Scots game, their line out was good and scrum was solid. Auggies is not a top side however it was good to see New forwards run hard and straight and seemed to have better fitness than in previous years. Breakdown was in general ok with a few mistakes but conceded a soft goal line try early. This can not happen against better teams. Overall, a good performace.
2nds dominated and were better than last week.
Newington will play Waverley, Knox and Kings next. This will be a good test to see were they are. As mentioned, I think New have the talent in most positions to challenge for the premiership. Fitness and depth will be their biggest hurdle. Fingers crossed the boys stay healthy.

Any other New supporters have thoughts about the game
See you in two weeks

Wyvernboy

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
accidentally spear tackled someone yesterday during club rugby. I am in the u14s and am wondering what the punishment will be when I face the SJRU this week

Hector

Frank Nicholson (4)
accidentally spear tackled someone yesterday during club rugby. I am in the u14s and am wondering what the punishment will be when I face the SJRU this week
Sydney Juniors Competition Playing Rules, appendix B. Depends on the citation, but 4-8 weeks for a spear. If you're actually serious about this, you should read the rules and get someone from your club to help you.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
We are up to nine.

Remember

View attachment 13436
My tips are Joeys, Shore, Kings and Scots

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sydney Juniors Competition Playing Rules, appendix B. Depends on the citation, but 4-8 weeks for a spear. If you're actually serious about this, you should read the rules and get someone from your club to help you.
I thought a red card only warranted a 1-2 week ban from all rugby in juniors? Never heard of 4-8 weeks?

LineoutMark

Bob McCowan (2)
After analysing the weekends I think Shore was by far the most impressive. Shore only lost one game across all age groups. They are yet to lose a GPS game in the 1sts 2nds and 3rds.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
After analysing the weekends I think Shore was by far the most impressive. Shore only lost one game across all age groups. They are yet to lose a GPS game in the 1sts 2nds and 3rds.
New play Knox in two weeks so we will know then how good that was.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi LineoutMark

Even though I rate Shore very highly this year, I think it would be wise to wait a few more games before announcing them as clear favs. Wins against
Auggies, even though it was 82-0, Auggies are not strong this year. Knox 23-19 is a win and by all reports could have gone either way. And I don't rate Knox as good as previous years. Shore will have to play a few more teams and their last trial is against Scots before they play Joeys 1st round.
Agree with Homer. The picture will become clearer as each team play each other and comparison of scores can occur.

Wyvernboy

O

Old High Boy

I am not sure how you can accidentally do a spear tackle... You need to pick him up, raise both legs past the horizontal, and then force him to land on his shoulder or back (yellow card), or on his head or neck (red card).
I do hope you learn that these tackles are simply dangerous, not on, and there is no room for them in our game..

O

Old High Boy

We are up to nine.

Remember

View attachment 13436

Hey Joker, as for point 4 it probably should read: "equal to (or lower?) than the lowest scores picked for the round". Just want to circumvent the unlikely situation if all away teams win!

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hi All

Newington v St Augustines Match Report

After a tough and even battle last Saturday against Scots, Newington made a few changes to their backline ( which I think were for the better ) and came up against an Auggies team that got thumped by Shore. Everyone expected Auggies to be better than last week ( which they probably were ) however never looked like putting a lot of pressure on New.
New 10 ( should play 10 all the time ), had a great game and passed, kicked and ran the ball and took the right options most of the time. Good service from 9 with the forwards giving a good set piece. Solid centre pairing which handled the Auggies backline and made many breaks. The 15 for New is a find. Runs hard and straight and links well with the wingers. With 1/2 players coming back in the next couple of weeks, a few tweaks may happen ( as mentioned, I think J Maclean best position in this team is 11 ) but at the moment 13 is ok for him.
The forwards were solid. Improving on the Scots game, their line out was good and scrum was solid. Auggies is not a top side however it was good to see New forwards run hard and straight and seemed to have better fitness than in previous years. Breakdown was in general ok with a few mistakes but conceded a soft goal line try early. This can not happen against better teams. Overall, a good performace.
2nds dominated and were better than last week.
Newington will play Waverley, Knox and Kings next. This will be a good test to see were they are. As mentioned, I think New have the talent in most positions to challenge for the premiership. Fitness and depth will be their biggest hurdle. Fingers crossed the boys stay healthy.

Any other New supporters have thoughts about the game
See you in two weeks

Wyvernboy
Excellent report Wyvernboy. Also great to hear that 1/2 the players are returning. It would appear that New has some depth. I just wondering if you or dusk, have any A Team results. It always nice to know how the school is travelling with these teams, plus any other results if its possible.
Many Thanks
B&W

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Black & White

15A's and 16A's won quite comfortably against Auggies. Not much else to report except New 16A's are a fairly strong team and all yr10 with not many/if any going up to opens. This may not be the case with other GPS schools this year ie: Scots as a few 16's are playing up.

Wyvernboy

Status
Not open for further replies.