• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
Suppose when you have your post code tattooed on your leg you would expect people to talk about it. Just a lack of discipline and a very short temper, needs to just fair and square grow up if you ask me. If you can’t handle the opposing school heckling you then you aren’t cut out for it.
Hi swindle,

The tattoo on his leg is not his post code it is actually a family members birthdate but can be mistaken for a post code as it may look similar. I also believe these boys get ripped into a fair bit and it can potentially take a toll on the boys, especially if something personal is said to them ?

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Speak respectfully about school kids
Hi Rob, with the Cummins situation, although I hate people swearing at the ref, I don't think it is a problem that Cummins responded to the Joeys spectators as they bagged him out in the first place, the Joeys boys have no right to sledge and not be sledged back. I also don't think that that tackle was a red although I didn't see it very well but either way the call is the call. Also I don't know why this is even a topic of conversation but the Tattoo on Ollie's leg doesn't say "Narrweena forever" it's says the birthdate of one of his family members.
I think that if you have something plastered on your leg very visible you have to expect people to talk about it, no matter what it is. It’s just a lack of discipline and having a short temper. I believe that if you can’t cop slack from the opposing school crowd then you aren’t cut out for it, that’s just school boy footy. Why he can’t just be the bigger man in the situation, can he not see that all the crowd would want is a reaction?

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
Saw a post about this a while back but the increase in non-contested scrums is getting out of hand. I don't think i've played a single gps game this year with contested scrums and the majority of club games have also been played un-contested. I know that a lot of teams are still getting the scrum practice they missed out on during covid but this many games un-contested is just ourageous. Let me know your opinions.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi swindle,

The tattoo on his leg is not his post code it is actually a family members birthdate but can be mistaken for a post code as it may look similar. I also believe these boys get ripped into a fair bit and it can potentially take a toll on the boys, especially if something personal is said to them ?
Agreed. We shouldn’t be naming any of the players on this forum. The AAGPS discourage focus on individuals for good reasons.

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
I think that if you have something plastered on your leg very visible you have to expect people to talk about it, no matter what it is. It’s just a lack of discipline and having a short temper. I believe that if you can’t cop slack from the opposing school crowd then you aren’t cut out for it, that’s just school boy footy. Why he can’t just be the bigger man in the situation, can he not see that all the crowd would want is a reaction?
There is a difference to copping slack and then people being abusive and disrespectful towards a individual, these boys cop slack every weekend so for someone to react to something the way the person did it must have been more then slack?

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
There is a difference to copping slack and then people being abusive and disrespectful towards a individual, these boys cop slack every weekend so for someone to react to something the way the person did it must have been more then slack?
Yes i think you are right, after further pondering on the situation i retract previous statements. Who are we, and especially I to criticise when we know very little on the situation and not much background knowledge. He is a very talented rugby player to say the least and i can only hope he’s see the result of his actions as a learning opportunity and not a cruel punishment.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
It's in the middle of a high stakes game and it was close infront of a loud crowd, he probably wasn't thinking straight. It's a mistake but I don't think it's that big of a deal in the first place, he was frustrated he responded and it's over now.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
It's in the middle of a high stakes game and it was close infront of a loud crowd, he probably wasn't thinking straight. It's a mistake but I don't think it's that big of a deal in the first place, he was frustrated he responded and it's over now.
If the player in question had been brought though the GPS system, he would know that type of behaviour isn’t acceptable. It isn’t league. Rugby is about character as much as it is about anything else.

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not quite over. As he got a red card I imagine he'll have to face the judiciary to decide if he plays in the coming weeks.

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
If the player in question had been brought though the GPS system, he would know that type of behaviour isn’t acceptable. It isn’t league. Rugby is about character as much as it is about anything else.
Hi number 7,

I do know the player personally and he has actually played union longer then league i'm almost certain of it, and believe it or not he has signed with a super rugby team already for after school.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi number 7,

I do know the player personally and he has actually played union longer then league i'm almost certain of it, and believe it or not he has signed with a super rugby team already for after school.
That’s great news. Either way, GPS rugby doesn’t encourage players abusing crowds. The joeys boys get their own grandstand at Northbridge every year and they are “encouraging” without any overt abuse being tolerated.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I don’t think character traits have anything to do with the code a person plays or the schools affiliation.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
That’s great news. Either way, GPS rugby doesn’t encourage players abusing crowds. The joeys boys get their own grandstand at Northbridge every year and they are “encouraging” without any overt abuse being tolerated.
I can say with total confidence that the Joeys crowd didn’t abuse the boy today.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Gotta say that New is held together by 3-4 very good players and offered nothing else today, broken play attack only. If Knox didn’t keep kicking to the New winger who was best on ground then they would have won by 20. New No.1 was outstanding and 6 dominated they last 20 but Knox were clearly better. Knox 8 is outstanding and 12 the linchpin of the team.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Gotta say that New is held together by 3-4 very good players and offered nothing else today, broken play attack only. If Knox didn’t keep kicking to the New winger who was best on ground then they would have won by 20. New No.1 was outstanding and 6 dominated they last 20 but Knox were clearly better. Knox 8 is outstanding and 12 the linchpin of the team.
Knox 12 was very strong against Joeys last week

Status
Not open for further replies.