• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Dusk and any other New supporter,

Does anyone know what has happened to Mr Bob Egerton who coached the 13A's at Newington ? Has he left the school, not coaching anymore or .... ? Great loss to New rugby if he has left.

Wyvernboy

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hi Dusk and any other New supporter,

Does anyone know what has happened to Mr Bob Egerton who coached the 13A's at Newington ? Has he left the school, not coaching anymore or .... ? Great loss to New rugby if he has left.

Wyvernboy
Bob has worked all over the school system including Sydney Grammar and Kings. A lovely bloke who is a very good Science teacher and not a glorified import coach who teaches one lesson of physical education a fortnight.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Bob has worked all over the school system including Sydney Grammar and Kings. A lovely bloke who is a very good Science teacher and not a glorified import coach who teaches one lesson of physical education a fortnight.
And he scored a ,bloody good try against the All Blacks back in 1991. If a remember correctly, Australia won the game 25-12. That try I believe ensured an Australian Ascendancy over the All Blacks for the next two years.

wyvernboy

Banned
Correct Joker. Great try. Always wore his socks down and a beautiful runner of the ball. Still says Campo should have passed him the ball in the WC semi against the All Blacks. Taught and coached my son at New. Very good man. Just wondering if he is still at New as he is not named as the 13's coach.

wyvernboy

Banned
That's the one Joker. Wallabies beat them in August to win the Bledisloe then beat them in the WC 91 semi in Nov . Big John Kirwan 14 had nightmares against Campo and Egerton ( but he was a great AB winger ). Wallabies need to beat the Blacks before a WC to have the mental edge going into the tournament. Hopefully we do this before 2027.

Wyvernboy

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hello Infamous Schoolboy, based on my observations it is clear that Ben Di Staso is a very capable back rower, although he struggles under the high ball from the kick off, perhaps some sticky spray may help his situation.
Ben struggled under the high ball in the back end of the joeys game because I believe he hit his head/or was winded earlier in the game, I believe this left him a bit rattled for the rest of the game. Usually his skills are good

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
That's the one Joker. Wallabies beat them in August to win the Bledisloe then beat them in the WC 91 semi in Nov . Big John Kirwan 14 had nightmares against Campo and Egerton ( but he was a great AB winger ). Wallabies need to beat the Blacks before a WC to have the mental edge going into the tournament. Hopefully we do this before 2027.

Wyvernboy
we just beat them in London in the final of the Sevens to win that tournament (with disgracefully little coverage in the media) - sign that aussie rugby is on the move :p

Shore V Scots this weekend!
What an interesting game this will be, Shores first GPS opponent of the year and it really will show us just how much of a premiership threat they are.
I assume Ollie Cummins would be absent from the game given the situation on Saturday, which will be a massive loss for them.
Thoughts on how this game will go?
Very exciting game this weekend, a few young guns in the mix. Excited to see what Shore can bring too the table seeing what seems to be a very improved side. If Cummins plays it will be Cummins vs Bassingthwaite in the centres. A battle for the ages!

Last edited:

Scrumitsteve

Frank Row (1)
Shore V Scots this weekend!
What an interesting game this will be, Shores first GPS opponent of the year and it really will show us just how much of a premiership threat they are.
I assume Ollie Cummins would be absent from the game given the situation on Saturday, which will be a massive loss for them.
Thoughts on how this game will go?
For me this will be the game of the round, both sides have been a bit hot and cold but definitely premiership contenders at this point in time. An absent Cummins would be a loss, I would imagine Fittler would slot into the centres. Can’t wait to see how this game turns out, keen to see how Shore goes against a GPS opponent. Big day out at Northbridge Saturday, hopefully the rain stays away. I think Joeys will take out View in a close one, with Newington upsetting Kings and Shore outplaying Scots. Cannot wait!

SkyBlue

Banned
Interested to know everyone’s opinion for the joeys vs view game. I think most likely a joeys win, but if view played like they did last week they could be in for a chance. Thoughts anyone?
Yeah, I can't see Riverview getting close. Joeys 20+.

I don't see Newington beating Kings. Hopefully a strong showing for the Sky Blue and White to get prepped for what will be a challenging season.

Shore and Scots could go either way but hoping for a Shore win. Apparently a few Eastwood boys in the Shore team which is interesting and makes me want to root for them every week, and how can you not enjoy a Scots loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.