• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
Shore V Scots this weekend!
What an interesting game this will be, Shores first GPS opponent of the year and it really will show us just how much of a premiership threat they are.
I assume Ollie Cummins would be absent from the game given the situation on Saturday, which will be a massive loss for them.
Thoughts on how this game will go?
Hi Medow,
I believe ollie may be missing just 1 game or even none as the situation has been cleared up dramatically and was not as bad as people have been saying, although it may be a loss the Scots boys showed amazing courage in the 2nd half of the Joeys game. I'm backing scots in a very competitive game!!

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore V Scots this weekend!
What an interesting game this will be, Shores first GPS opponent of the year and it really will show us just how much of a premiership threat they are.
I assume Ollie Cummins would be absent from the game given the situation on Saturday, which will be a massive loss for them.
Thoughts on how this game will go?
Very tight game could go either way. A good start will be most important. Here's to a great game on Saturday.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
If they have signed for a NRL club why waste the space in a Union pathways programme for someone that isn't going to keep playing? Give it to someone who is committed to rugby.

RANT ALERT

IMHO....any student who has a contract with a league club after school should not be allowed to play representative schoolboy rugby. While they will indeed be an asset to any association, state and national team, we will be wasting good money on these players that could go to developing others. I may be cynical, but I feel these NRL players only use this rep rugby experience to pump up their CV's and $$$ value for the future. Home grown talent must be rewarded and developed.

Joker
Skating on thin ice since 2010

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Simple

If two boys are trained and employed at Coles but both work part time at Woolies that's fine. If boy A decides to work fulltime at Woolies, why should/ would Coles continue to train and employ boy A when they could put their energy/money etc into boy B even though boy A might be a great employee. As mentioned, it's up to Coles to try and keep both boys under their employment by giving them better opportunities and be more attractive than Woolies.

Agree with most, the NRL contracted players don't need to be selected for GPS rugby rep teams.

Another big test for New this week against Kings. Would like New to pick and stick a 1st XV team esp. backline with only this week before Rd 1. Get a win heading into Scots game would be great for boys confidence.

Wyvernboy

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Hi Medow,
I believe ollie may be missing just 1 game or even none as the situation has been cleared up dramatically and was not as bad as people have been saying, although it may be a loss the Scots boys showed amazing courage in the 2nd half of the Joeys game. I'm backing scots in a very competitive game!!
Super rugby equivalent would be 4 + weeks ban. The recent lifting tackle / clean out on Hopper is a pretty decent comparison.

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
Super rugby equivalent would be 4 + weeks ban. The recent lifting tackle / clean out on Hopper is a pretty decent comparison.
Hi old slower,

The Scots boy was not involved in the lifting tackle which has been cleared up, therefor the dispute with the referee was made by the player as he was on the other side of the field and knew he had nothing to do with the tackle as you can clearly see in the video.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes there was Scots involved obviously but not the number 12
OK, well I guess that lad will need to miss a few weeks, as for the other kid, IDK but hopefully he has learnt his lesson, refs don't take kindly to such direct feedback. Amazing that the ref got the wrong culprit altogether, almost unbelievable. I would love to review the video.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

If the Scots 12 made the dangerous tackle ( send off offense ) and/or swore at the ref ( send off offense ), both are send off offenses. No argument. The interesting point is what happens next. Usually, the player goes in fornt of a GPS panel and a punishment is handed down. If the panel deems it not that bad, then he is allowed to play. I know in other sports, the word of the coach/director of the school in question holds a lot of weight. If Scots were smart, they would cop a 1 match suspension ( if it looks likely he would get punished ) and have him available for Rd 1 against Joeys. I don't know what effect a suspension might have on future rep selection, but for Scots, this could be the best outcome.
I know a player from another sport in 1sts swore at the ref and copped a 1 match suspension. No excuses could be given fo the behaviour. Player, team and coach wore it and moved on. Lesson ( hopefully ) learnt.

Wyvernboy

Status
Not open for further replies.