• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
A few had perfect rounds.
Well done to all.
KOB1987 still in the lead

UPDATED

TIPS- Week 4.jpg

Last edited:

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Lovely day out here at Joeys. Ground is in prestige condition, perfect conditions for free flowing rugby. Late news the 10 for Joeys is playing in today’s game. Huge inclusion to the match. My prediction- Joeys by 21. Good luck to all teams playing today
The 10 didn’t play, possibly next week.

Last edited:

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
44-33 Knox over new. Knox had quite a few tries held up. Contrasting styles, knox dominant through rolling maul and power game generally, newington deadly in broken play…. Best for knox 2, 6,9, 10, 12, For newington 1,6, 10, 14, 15
Congratulations to Knox. No doubt They were the better side.
The 2, 6, 8, 9 and 10 for Knox worked tirelessly around the paddock. The difference was the 12 in attack and always kept Newington guessing at whether he would run as a decoy or through spaces in the defensive line. Pretty handy advantage to have a big fella running at a smaller backline.

Not the result the boys from Stanmore wanted but a big improvement from their last outing. A few missed opportunities during the game. They should take away more positives from this game into next weekend.

Newington standouts were 1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14 & 15

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Congratulations to Knox. No doubt They were the better side.
The 2, 6, 8, 9 and 10 for Knox worked tirelessly around the paddock. The difference was the 12 in attack and always kept Newington guessing at whether he would run as a decoy or through spaces in the defensive line. Pretty handy advantage to have a big fella running at a smaller backline.

Not the result the boys from Stanmore wanted but a big improvement from their last outing. A few missed opportunities during the game. They should take away more positives from this game into next weekend.

Newington standouts were 1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14 & 15
How was Jesse McLean as full back?

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots 12 got the red for a lifting tackle then back chatting the ref. Very poor look for the supposed captain. Joeys player wasn’t actually a lifting tackle but I can see how the ref made the error.
The 12 you're talking about although he is a gun player is not the captain, the captain of the First 15 is Ben Distaso and the captain of Rugby (The program as a whole) is Nick Harris Brother of will.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
I think Scots should have a very close look at who is worthy to wear the Gold Jersey and how much the jersey means given the longevity of how long it’s been worn by some and why legs need to be covered up to play with no injury ……. And who generally respects those that have gone before them ……… behaviour like this is totally unacceptable and not something I’ve seen from home grown Scots boys …….
That’s a really considered post Rob. I’m a Shore dad but my godson played 1st XV from yr 10 at Scots so I went to all his games and in my experience there was always a strong behavioural culture at Scots that I really respected. The player in question came from St Augustine’s in yr 10. Maybe there is a lesson there.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Scots should have a very close look at who is worthy to wear the Gold Jersey and how much the jersey means given the longevity of how long it’s been worn by some and why legs need to be covered up to play with no injury on game day utterly disgraceful ……… behaviour as reported today is totally unacceptable, but something I’ve not seen from home grown Scots boys …….
Hi Rob, with the Cummins situation, although I hate people swearing at the ref, I don't think it is a problem that Cummins responded to the Joeys spectators as they bagged him out in the first place, the Joeys boys have no right to sledge and not be sledged back. I also don't think that that tackle was a red although I didn't see it very well but either way the call is the call. Also I don't know why this is even a topic of conversation but the Tattoo on Ollie's leg doesn't say "Narrweena forever" it's says the birthdate of one of his family members.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
My thoughts on the round:
For the juniors

Scots 13A's lost 35-0 against Joeys, Hopefully this will improve before GPS.

Scots 14A's got a very good win against Joeys 26-19 massively turning around the score from last year were they lost by almost 60 points.
Notes from that game Ashton Large from scots who has a brother playing 16/15A's (Onitoni Large) and Young Jorgensen from Joeys who is the brother of the Jorgos in the Firsts.

Scots 15A's took a tough loss against Joeys which is quite expected due to glengarry. They put up a good fight and led for most of the game until the end. From Scots Onitoni large played very well and from Joeys the outside centre looked quite good.

Scots 16A's got a great win with Joeys missing a conversion which would have won them the game. Although Scots 16A's are missing 4 players to 1s and 2s, many of the key 16A's players stepped up quite well such as Joel Jacobs and Max Saopeno.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
For Firsts and Seconds.

Scots 2nd XV: Although the 2's went down in a tough loss, it was a very good game with Joeys winning by about 10 points I believe. Year 11 Matheus Heslin looked good returning from injury (He played Seconds last year) and I think the Scots forwards carried quite well. This 2's team has lots of talent and I think they will continue to improve.

Scots 1st XV: I think this game will end up as one of the best games of this season. With both teams constantly in the fight and an amazing atmosphere from Both sides even though scots had a smaller crowd. Ben Distaso, Ollie Mccrea, Harry Davis and Will Guilfoyle plus all the other forwards had very good games in my opinion as well as Zach Fittler with a tackle of the year. The Scots 9 ran well and so did big Blake Steep. Henry James also kicked quite well and was very unlucky to miss the final penalty Goal.

Overall I think the whole scots team played great and we're unlucky to lose in a awesome game. Also the sunset mixed in with the double rainbow created one of the best backgrounds for a game i've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.