• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
06-18.jpg

GPS GREMLIN

Stan Wickham (3)
Fairdimkun, Rising Star Marco Vecciho presumed to be one of the best talents gps has breeded is a MAJOR threat to schools in upcoming years.

PhilJackson

Bob McCowan (2)
Recent report that Class of 2017 (Joeys) first fifteen centre Tristan Reilly has signed with the tigers after his contract had finished with the tahs. Should be very interesting seeing the Aussie 7s star change code…

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Then this should say to the CAS and beyond selectors "do not waste time and resources on a player who will turn their back on our game".

No rep teams for those who have chosen league
Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard .. these are school kids, they’ve earned their spot, so be it … you have no right to dictate what career someone chooses to pursue once they finish school, and definitely don’t have the right to punish them for it … If anything the school should be proud of the students achievements and selection in any pro sport code . If you want to blame anyone, blame the ARU for destroying the grassroots game over the last two decades, with no clear pathway for young Rugby players, …..not the kids .

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Recent report that Class of 2017 (Joeys) first fifteen centre Tristan Reilly has signed with the tigers after his contract had finished with the tahs. Should be very interesting seeing the Aussie 7s star change code…
He's got s strong league background. Moved to North Queensland cowboys at 15 and got homesick before going back to Kempsey and playing for the knights. He was then signed by Souths as a 16 year old for 2 years, played SG Ball and boarded at joeys. Always looked like a league player playing rugby to me... good luck to him though, seemed like a nice kid, hopefully he flourishes. He's still only 23 I think so plenty of time to adapt

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tips Week 6.jpg

For this and every other round (and rep games) I have decided to add the points spread for every game.
When you make your selection you simply add by how much.

Example-

Scots v Newington. I choose Scots +12
Kings v Riverview. I chose Kings +30
Shore v Joeys. I chose Joeys +15

If you "beat the spread" (by being within 5 points OVER the winning margin) you will receive 5 points. A win is still worth 3, a draw is 1.
So every game you can try and predict the spread. MAXIMUM points you can win on a round is 15!

YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 17 JUNE to get your tips in.
If you don't then it is the away team with a points spread of +12

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Why? Because he will have a field day when he plays GPS?
I hope he does play CAS so we can put this nonsense to bed.

My view is simple, the school associations aren't funded by RA in any way (if fact they are a subsidy to the RA) so whilst I would prefer that they focus on developing rugby players they probably should pick the best players available. Gen Blue and above though is a different situation, they are focused on developing professional rugby players, ergo, why would they pick and develop players not available to be professional rugby players.

Serious question, the US system forbids commercial arrangements between school and college players and professional teams. Why should it be any different for players in the AAGPS or CAS?

More so when you consider the unique situation of rugby union and the direct competition with league. Over the years I have had many conversations with rugby people around the world who all acknowledge that Australia would be supremely dominate if it wasn't for the competition for talent with league. they are happy we have the distraction.

Please don't start with the boring "but league is a better game" garbage. If it was it would have test matches between countries that featured players that weren't from 2 states in Australia, a small part of NZ and the north of England. If it was a better game it would be able to provide the global stage and opportunity that rugby union actually does.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For those who wish to have this as a guide.
Points spread will again apply

Tips will need to be put in by MIDDAY Tuesday 21 June.

Tips Week 7.jpg

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Correct, shore on Tuesday at 3.15 for the main game (2nds etc played prior).

Games against ISA etc on 24th at Eric tweedle

Australian championships at Knox 5-9 July (school holidays)

LineoutMark

Bob McCowan (2)
Scots, kings, Shore
View attachment 13842

For this and every other round (and rep games) I have decided to add the points spread for every game.

Example-

If you "beat the spread" (by being within 5 points OVER the winning margin) you will receive 5 points. A win is still worth 3, a draw is 1.
So every game you can try and predict the spread. MAXIMUM points you can win on a round is 15!

Grimey

Banned
View attachment 13842

Example-

Scots +8
Kings +5
Joeys +18

Status
Not open for further replies.