• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is there a reason behind having a Captain of Rugby or any other sport who may or may not play 1st’s???
This really makes no sense. It seems to be a recent thing at New to have a Captain of 1st XV and a Captain of Rugby. Previously the Captain of Rugby (or whatever sport) was also the Captain of the 1st team. There have been a few instances where a year 11 boy has been Captain of a Sport, that must be very awkward for the year 12 boys.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
For games at Newington i can post a picture of the scoreboard but that will really only include the 15a's and 16a's. Like you said, no match reports are posted unfortunately.
Hello Dusk
In the past the head the Newington supporters Rugby group, would publish the results, but several days after the Game. Or maybe someone in charge of Rugby could assist. I feel as an Old Boy, that its not a good look for the school not to communicate, its Rugby results. Rather, this should be done Saturday Night.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I’m presuming 1st XV are de facto prefects.
Not really. Each year 12 boy finds his level of "service". While Prefects at other schools have special ties, common rooms even food in dining rooms, the Joeys year 12 boys find an area that they can help and be an example. From Drama, to rowing, working in a Library, to coaching an Under 13 team, tutoring younger kids in Maths and French and even being a Dorm senior where they sleep (in a separate room) inside dormitory's with the younger years.

Joeys has never had any formalised school leadership and never will.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
long story - the role goes to a natural leader who is strong on ethics, teamwork and communication, and whom the boys respect. What crew he's in is irrelevant. In the Marist spirit, there are n

Not really. Each year 12 boy finds his level of "service". While Prefects at other schools have special ties, common rooms even food in dining rooms, the Joeys year 12 boys find an area that they can help and be an example. From Drama, to rowing, working in a Library, to coaching an Under 13 team, tutoring younger kids in Maths and French and even being a Dorm senior where they sleep (in a separate room) inside dormitory's with the younger years.

Well then it must be right then.
Non common rooms at Newington or special ties.
Every year 12 at Newington Prefect. Full Prefects are awarded for ongoing services

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)

So Joeys doesn’t have a School Captain?

Goosestep

Johnnie Wallace (23)
long story - the role goes to a natural leader who is strong on ethics, teamwork and communication, and whom the boys respect. What crew he's in is irrelevant. In the Marist spirit, there are no prefects at Joeys.
No school captain ? No prefects ? ..ok, in that case, (and just to be fair) they shouldnt have a captain of the 1stxv then … remember guys, “everyone’s a leader at joeys”

Last edited:

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ok that's great but not every boy wants to do that. Some are happy to study.

Joey's has as many problems as every other private GPS school

Back to the footy..
Ok so Cummins is out for Scots and New has essentially a full strength back line, prediction?

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here is a proposal

Due to previously expressed interest in lower age teams' performance, why don't we publish a comp table for 13As & Bs, 14As & Bs, 15As & Bs and 16As & Bs, beginning with this 1st round? What say you?

A good friend is very happy to put it together for us. This then will be shared right here,

What is needed for this to work is a "champion" from every school (do we include High and Grammar?) who can send me the results for the weekends game.

The sad fact is that newsletters with weekend results are not public information anymore at most GPS schools websites.
Joeys still has public access to results last time I checked. Any others?

If you would like to nominate yourself to reliably report the results each (comp) week from your school, please let me know.

What are your thoughts?

NOTE: Doing it for any grades lower than As & Bs might be a bit pointless due to not all schools fielding teams consistently.
...we are all about to see how dominate Joeys is at rugby. There are several schools that focus on opens age sport and much less on lower age sport (as the only official comps are open age). Joeys is by far, the strongest rugby school through the age groups.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe scots are also sending a team to Henley, but I haven't heard anything about the principal going with them.
Haaa. Lambert gets on the plane and turns left, George now has to turn right. There are a lot of families (i suspect the majority) that struggle to send their boys to scots and kings. Hearing that Headmasters and wives fly first class must piss them off. Government funding is also being spent here. Anyway, I'm not sure how many boys are going exactly but I would have thought that removing 12-16 of the school's best rowers would weaken King's 1sts - 3rds Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.