• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington, despite some poor handling, particularly in the line outs, where I counted the loss of 3 their line outs, did look the better side.When Newington ran the ball they were penetrating and gave Scots, the imagine they were somewhat pedestrian. Scots for their part were absolutely lethal in their rolling maul, scoring at least two tries, where they overpowered the defending Newington players.

What is now evident, is that Newington could have put on a bigger score against Scots, but let themselves down. Better team combinations need to be worked on. Together, with maintaining the momentum in favour of Newington, rather letting a team like Scots back in the game, lost line outs were the most obvious for me.Once Newington were in the Scots half, there was a sense that something was on for the Newington attack. But this lost of momentum, really did lead to lost opportunities. Nevertheless, Newington displayed a capacity to attack, but were less forceful in defence. But the real standouts were the Newington backs and their willingness to attack with pace and precision. The forwards unlike against Kings, got the platform this week, and I thought did a good job of recycling the ball.

There is a lot of improvement still needed in this Newington side, but a ton of potential, so critics of this team. Beware that Newington has taken a giant step forward. How much can Newington improve, is a question that rival teams will discover for themselves.

Last edited:

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
What a game. I told this forum that View should not be taken lightly and they’ve proved that. View were easily the better team and Kings are lucky not to have another 2 pies put on them.
Personally thought the game was a lot closer then what you thought. Kings had a lot of scrappy play and didn’t play to their potential but still kept it close through the match. Someone on this forum must explain to me how the 2nds 12 is not the starting 12 for the 1st’s.

the better team though on the day did win in view with some very impressive patterns of play, but I see the eventual premiers of this competition losing at least one game with the competition being so close. So any team who has lost this round I wouldn’t wright then of just yet

Kings 2nds look to be clear favourites for the premiership,view 3rds had a great game against kings 3rds getting the win 5-7 not to much in it.

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
What a game. I told this forum that View should not be taken lightly and they’ve proved that. View were easily the better team and Kings are lucky not to have another 2 pies put on them.
Wow. It really seems like they have found their form in perfect time. I did have them tipped this week but only to win just. Good on them!

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Newington, despite some poor handling, particularly in the line outs, where I counted the loss of 3 their line outs, did look the better side.When Newington ran the ball they were penetrating and gave Scots, the imagine they were somewhat pedestrian. Scots for their part were absolutely lethal in their rolling maul, scoring at least two tries, where they overpowered the defending Newington players.

What is now evident, is that Newington could have put on a bigger score against Scots, but let themselves down. Better team combinations need to be worked on. Together, with maintaining the momentum in favour of Newington, rather letting a team like Scots back in the game, lost line outs were the most obvious for me.Once Newington were in the Scots half, there was a sense that something was on for the Newington attack. But this lost of momentum, really did lead to lost opportunities. Nevertheless, Newington displayed a capacity to attack, but were less forceful in defence. But the real standouts were the Newington backs and their willingness to attack with pace and precision. The forwards unlike against Kings, got the platform this week, and I thought did a good job of recycling the ball.

There is a lot of improvement still needed in this Newington side, but a ton of potential, so critics of this team. Beware that Newington has taken a giant step forward. How much can Newington improve, is a question that rival teams will discover for themselves.
Such a great day to be a Newington supporter. Completely agree with your comments on the game, but personally Newington were the much better team, and there wasn't a whole lot Newington could do against Scot's rolling maul.
Standout players for Newington: Siteni Taukamo 14 (excellent kicker), James McGregor 15, Jaydon Villaimu 6, Tunui Jorgensen 1, and Lipina Ata 2

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Such a great day to be a Newington supporter. Completely agree with your comments on the game, but personally Newington were the much better team, and there wasn't a whole lot Newington could do against Scot's rolling maul.
Standout players for Newington: Siteni Taukamo 14 (excellent kicker), James McGregor 15, Jaydon Villaimu 6, Tunui Jorgensen 1, and Lipina Ata 2
Great Dusk
I must admit I am somewhat disconnected from the College these days dusk. So filling in the names of the New players, as you have done, really helps with the detail of the my match review.
Just my usual request, Dusk, any chance of getting A team results.Particularly, the 16As, As Newington and Scots have dominated this age group since the 13s.

Regards B&W

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great Dusk
I must admit I am somewhat disconnected from the College these days dusk. So filling in the names of the New players, as you have done, really helps with the detail of the my match review.
Just my usual request, Dusk, any chance of getting A team results.Particularly, the 16As, As Newington and Scots have dominated this age group since the 13s.

Regards B&W
New 16As won 26 to 7, New 15As won 19 to 17

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great Dusk

Regards B&W
If you are on Facebook Black&White join the Newington rugby group, most A team scores are posted there

Status
Not open for further replies.