• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyvernboy

Banned
Agree Ramen39

We know and accept we are sht. We know our sht smells. We accept our faults and there are many. We know we are not worthy of being in the rarified air that is Bellevue Hill, or Hunters Hill or Northbridge or Riverview or the rolling fields of North Parramatta. We accept that our neighbours are from migrant suburbs, working class people who eat vietnemese food and kebabs ( love a kebab yummy). We accept that the school we were educated at and work hard to send our sons to is a broad, inclusive school with many faults but many advantages. Unfortunately, it is not a Rugby school or a Rowing school or a ( what is Scots renowned for ? ). Yet it is a school that gives it's students freedom of choice to select their sport. It doesn't limit their numbers like Joeys does in football, doesn't discourage their students in playing other sports like Scots, yet still manages to squeeze out a win or two ( with help from our brothers in Tonga ). And it gives us that warm fuzzy feeling when the White jerseys with the Wyvern emblazzoned on the front wins. Please forgive us and give us a few moments out of the gutter and in the sun.

Most of us on this forum are old boys or have connections to their respective schools. Some of us are obsessive. I wouldn't call myself obsessive. I would call myself passionate. If that is a fault, as mentioned above, I accept it.

Final word from Wyvernboy about the 16's. Agree with everyone. The truth is, according to secondrowsarespeedy, although Newington had a solid win, it doesn't mean anything. Both teams were understrength due to reasons mentioned. I'm sure Scots would improve with the inclusion of their open boys as would New with their inclusions. The game played on Sat was an accurate representation of the strengths of each team at that moment in time. You nor I can know what the score would be when these boys come back, but you can only play the team in front.
I'll accept the win ( even though as mentioned it doesn't mean much, no sheep stations yet ) if you can accept the loss. Otherwise, let it be.

Wyvernboy

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
Agree Ramen39

We know and accept we are sht. We know our sht smells. We accept our faults and there are many. We know we are not worthy of being in the rarified air that is Bellevue Hill, or Hunters Hill or Northbridge or Riverview or the rolling fields of North Parramatta. We accept that our neighbours are from migrant suburbs, working class people who eat vietnemese food and kebabs ( love a kebab yummy). We accept that the school we were educated at and work hard to send our sons to is a broad, inclusive school with many faults but many advantages. Unfortunately, it is not a Rugby school or a Rowing school or a ( what is Scots renowned for ? ). Yet it is a school that gives it's students freedom of choice to select their sport. It doesn't limit their numbers like Joeys does in football, doesn't discourage their students in playing other sports like Scots, yet still manages to squeeze out a win or two ( with help from our brothers in Tonga ). And it gives us that warm fuzzy feeling when the White jerseys with the Wyvern emblazzoned on the front wins. Please forgive us and give us a few moments out of the gutter and in the sun.

Most of us on this forum are old boys or have connections to their respective schools. Some of us are obsessive. I wouldn't call myself obsessive. I would call myself passionate. If that is a fault, as mentioned above, I accept it.

Final word from Wyvernboy about the 16's. Agree with everyone. The truth is, according to secondrowsarespeedy, although Newington had a solid win, it doesn't mean anything. Both teams were understrength due to reasons mentioned. I'm sure Scots would improve with the inclusion of their open boys as would New with their inclusions. The game played on Sat was an accurate representation of the strengths of each team at that moment in time. You nor I can know what the score would be when these boys come back, but you can only play the team in front.
I'll accept the win ( even though as mentioned it doesn't mean much, no sheep stations yet ) if you can accept the loss. Otherwise, let it be.

Wyvernboy
Give it a break mate, get back to doing what your meant to be doing your carrying on now buddy and to be honest I do not think anyone cares.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
HAHAHA nothing better then listening to Scots supporters whinge and cry about losing, makes the heart warm.
This is true. Any Scots Alumni from before 2010 wouldn't even know what winning a game looks like. They sure do have some war stories now though and love living vicariously though children.

Rae Rae

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
We know we are not worthy of being in the rarified air that is Bellevue Hill, or Hunters Hill or Northbridge or Riverview or the rolling fields of North Parramatta.

I wouldn't say that. Newington are right up the Scots, Riverview and closing in on Grammar (who last one a 1st XV premiership in 1967). Some of the best games I have seen involved Newington and I enjoy the hill and the ground. With the planes booming over it adds charm to the occasion.

AAGPS rugby.jpg

Just one point though, none of those schools including Kings sit anywhere near Joeys on Mt Sinai. Now, lets hear from those Joeys haters!

Mt Siniani.jpg

Infamous schoolboy

Stan Wickham (3)
If it didn't mean much, you would not be making excuses for the loss. You don't make sense. You brought up the 4 mssing boys not any New supporter. Agree that both sides were missing players and neither side were able to show their full potential but the fact is, from 7-7 I think at halftime, New went on with it and it was a solid, convincing win. Now, what happens next, we'll find out next year.

Your argument about the boys not having played with each other due to Glengarry etc, even strengthens my argument that these 4 boys should have been kept in the 16's. Now they won't see their team mates for close to 2 years. That is 2 years that they will have to make up in combos etc.

Let's leave it and move on. For your joint prem to happen, Joeys will need to lose one. You reckon Scots can beat Joeys at BH ? From what I saw on Sat, give you little chance. Not say New can win 100% at HH but we'll give it a go.

Wyvernboy
Hi Wyvernboy

I appreciate your insightful knowledge of the Newington rugby program, I believe it is for the greater good of this whole forum to hear such interesting views, as for Scots beating Joeys at BH, I would give them a real chance as the trial game played at HH came down to a penalty goal in the final minutes, plus the Scots team was down a man for the last 25 minutes but we will steer away from flogging that dead horse of a conversation. Both teams will need a solid performance in round 2 to try to carry some confidence into the match. All in all, should be an absolutely terrific match.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Agree Ramen39

Wyvernboy
Wyvern, sorry for some of my heated responses. I think we all know that both of these groups are very talented and will create some great footy for us to spectate in years to come. Either way, round 1 is over, so let's look forward to round 2

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Nope, I dont agree with this assertion

I was the ref for this 16 A game at Newington, back in late April - and while the score was close (N 19 - 14), Newington always appeared to be in control of this match for mine...

Sure players are in an out for whatever reasons, however you can only play what's in front of you, everything else is immaterial...

That Newington kid at fullback/ wing - there ain't much to him, but he sure can play.

Just my 0.02 worth
Hello Old High Boy
There is doubt that the Scots 16As are full of talent. But so are the New Boys. I suspect New have better team cohesion, which places them ahead of Scots. Unfortunately, both of these teams will never play against other, as they approach the Open Divisiońn next year. Although, I suspect some of the combinations will continue.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
We will see champion, Scots, Joeys and Newington looking prominent for joint premiers. P.S nice username mate
How are scots looking prominent for joint premiers?? They lost to Kings and Joeys in the trials and now lost to Newington in the first round of the competition (at home)

Infamous schoolboy

Stan Wickham (3)
How are scots looking prominent for joint premiers?? They lost to Kings and Joeys in the trials and now lost to Newington in the first round of the competition (at home)
In the kings lost I thought they were outplayed but was still a tight contest, the joeys game could have gone both ways with only 2 points in it and finally for the Newington game, new scored with 1 minute remaining to snatch the win. All teams are right in the race for the premiership. Just my 2 cents worth.

Scots lost to Joeys by two points with 14 men for half the game. Lost to Kings with a poor performance and Kings played well, lost to Newington in a very tight game where Scots played badly.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Dusk

Don't start stuff. As you can read the responses given by Infamous schoolboy and Stephenmoorebeers, "Could have beens" and "if onlys" .
The games will be tight, as predicted by most before the season started. 1 pioint losses and YC will happen. Accept and move on.

Wyvernboy

wyvernboy

Banned
and BTW. Scots did not play badly as they were in front with 4 mins to go and with the wind. They couldn't get out of their half in the final 4 mins due to poor execution and smart play by New. The patience, game plan and skill shown by the New boys in the last 4min ( similar to the Joeys v View game from a few years ago ) won them the game. The Newington players did have a hand in winning the game, not just Scots losing it.

Wyvernboy

Status
Not open for further replies.