• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Alex Conti is playing cis 18s for league currently, maybe their was a clash ? Does it say players who are unavailable for selection ?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Alex Conti is playing cis 18s for league currently, maybe their was a clash ? Does it say players who are unavailable for selection ?
yes there is a clash but the list's don't mention who is unavailable for selection. I have heard from some around the selection process that there will be increasing pressure to make a choice, they are sick of being played and wasting resources. I don't think this is policy but it would make sense that it heads that way. How can a semi professional in one code play as an amateur in another and how can it be smart for one code to allocate scarce resources to develop a player who is sitting on the fence or already committed to another code? I know it is nice for kids to just play footy but I think that things are moving on from that at the pointy end.

Props are People too

Chris McKivat (8)
The speech that Andrew Cleverly made to the GPS and CAS teams at the end of the U16 final was telling. Basically a sales pitch to all the dual-path kids to consider sticking with Rugby given the opportunities of a Aus World Cup and Olympics coming up over the next few years.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
yes there is a clash but the list's don't mention who is unavailable for selection. I have heard from some around the selection process that there will be increasing pressure to make a choice, they are sick of being played and wasting resources. I don't think this is policy but it would make sense that it heads that way. How can a semi professional in one code play as an amateur in another and how can it be smart for one code to allocate scarce resources to develop a player who is sitting on the fence or already committed to another code? I know it is nice for kids to just play footy but I think that things are moving on from that at the pointy end.
OlderSlower

Maybe the Gen Blue program needs to take a leaf out of the Penrith Panthers book with this boy from Barker.....

runningrugby91

Frank Row (1)
The speech that Andrew Cleverly made to the GPS and CAS teams at the end of the U16 final was telling. Basically a sales pitch to all the dual-path kids to consider sticking with Rugby given the opportunities of a Aus World Cup and Olympics coming up over the next few years.
I heard that this year the Gen Blue/NSWJRU are taking a stand against the kids who have signed junior NRL contracts which are Woods, Conti and Bartlett. I do understand both sides of the fence however I do feel that on many occasions Union never fight for the kids and just roll over. I have seen this on many occasions whereby Union have not tried to keep the kids in the game and have just let whatever the NRL offers rule. Union does offer lot more opportunities to play overseas and also what happens after rugby is a big thing as well, all these need to be promoted and the kids who are "dual path" need to be worked with not completely dropped from NSWJRU squads which is what has occurred here. Its basic laziness and entitlement of the management of the NSWJRU and unfortunately the kids are lost to Union forever. Their is a huge list and it keeps growing and growing.

runningrugby91

Frank Row (1)
I don't believe this is true. The Sydney team said he was unavailable to play for them as he was going to be away (still available for schools selection). This came from some View and Scots parents.
He was unavailable due to a holiday for Sydney, but available for NSW schools selection which he didnt makee.

runningrugby91

Frank Row (1)
I just noticed that the NSW Schools U16 teams have been posted. Some big reps might be disappointed. Fittler in 2’s and Bartlett not on either list. Fittler’s selection in 2’s doesn’t surprise me, I thought Bartlett would be on one list or the other based on reputation but I didn’t watch the GPS U16 2’s games. Thoughts?
I think Bartlett scored a try in every match! work that one! :)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Cleverly was very, very good at persuading up and coming promising rugby players to join him at what ever institution he worked at.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
I heard that this year the Gen Blue/NSWJRU are taking a stand against the kids who have signed junior NRL contracts which are Woods, Conti and Bartlett. I do understand both sides of the fence however I do feel that on many occasions Union never fight for the kids and just roll over. I have seen this on many occasions whereby Union have not tried to keep the kids in the game and have just let whatever the NRL offers rule. Union does offer lot more opportunities to play overseas and also what happens after rugby is a big thing as well, all these need to be promoted and the kids who are "dual path" need to be worked with not completely dropped from NSWJRU squads which is what has occurred here. Its basic laziness and entitlement of the management of the NSWJRU and unfortunately the kids are lost to Union forever. Their is a huge list and it keeps growing and growing.
Bartlet had pulled himself out From all parhways i can confirm.

Doubt this is entirely true about not letting boys who have signed make teams multiple boys signed to junior contracts did indeed make these teams as well.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Sounds good in theory but how do you work with them once they are contracted? They are obligated no matter how basic the financial incentive. The work needs to be done before they sign.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I’ve just seen footage of Zach Fittler in HM Cup. He is 15 but looks bigger than most of the 17 year olds. Was he playing u15s last year in same Scots team as Bartlett?

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
With the championships at Knox starting today, I'm re-posting the match schedule.

Live via

Hope their Main Oval holds up over the next 4 days.

Knox_1_Oval.original-2.png

DAY 1 – WEDNESDAY 6 JULY 2022 – MATCHES (BOYS)​

TIMEMATCH #MATCHOVAL
10:00Game 1 – BoysVIC v NSWBBKnox 1
11:30Game 2 – BoysACT v NSWJRUKnox 1
13:00Game 3 – BoysQLD I v NSW IIKnox 1
14:30Game 4 – BoysNSW 1 V QLD IIKnox 1

DAY 2 – THURSDAY 7 JULY 2022 – MATCHES (BOYS & GIRLS)​

TIMEMATCH #MATCHOVAL
10:00#1 Open GirlsNSWSRU A v ACTKnox 1
10:20#2 Open GirlsNSW SRU B v QLDKnox 1
10:40#3 U16 GirlsNSWSRU A v QLDKnox 1
11:00#4 Open GirlsNSWSRU B v ACTKnox 1
11:20#5 Open GirlsNSWSRU A v QLDKnox 1
11:40#6 U16 GirlsNSWSRU B v QLDKnox 1
12:30Game 5 – BoysLoser 1 v Loser 3Knox 1
14:00Game 6 – BoysLoser 2 v Loser 4Knox 1
15:30Game 7 – BoysWinner 1 v Winner 3Knox 1
17:00Game 8 – BoysWinner 2 v Winner 4Knox 1

DAY 3 – FRIDAY 8 JULY 2022 – MATCHES (GIRLS)​

TIMEMATCH #MATCHOVAL
10:00#7 U16 GirlsNSWSRU A v NSWJRU BKnox 1
10:30#8 Open GirlsNSWSRU A v NSWSRU BKnox 1
11:00#9 Open GirlsACT v QLDKnox 1
12:00#10 Open GirlsNSWSRU B v QLDKnox 1
12:30#11 U16 GirlsNSWJRU B v QldKnox 1
13:00#12 Open GirlsNSWJRU A v ACTKnox 1
13:30#13 U16 GirlsNSWSRU B v NSWJRU AKnox 1
14:00#14 Open GirlsACT v QLDKnox 1
14:30#15 Open GirlsNSWSRU B v NSWSRU AKnox 1
15:00#16 U16 GirlsQLD v NSWJRU AKnox 1
15:30#17 Open GirlsNSWSRU B v ACTKnox 1
16:00#18 Open GirlsNSWSRU A v QLDKnox 1

DAY 4 – SATURDAY 9 JULY 2022 – FINALS DAY (BOYS & GIRLS)​

TIMEMATCH #MATCHOVAL
09:00Game 9 – BoysLoser 5 v Loser 6Knox 1
10:10#19 U16 Girls SevensNSWSRU A v QldKnox 1
10:35Game 10 – BoysWinner 5 v Winner 6Knox 1
11:45#20 Open Girls SevensFinal 3 v 4Knox 1
12:10Game 11 – BoysLoser 7 v Loser 8Knox 1
13:20#21 Open Girls SevensChampionship Final – 1 v 2Knox 1
13:45Game 12 – BoysChampionship Final – Winner 7 v Winner 8Knox 1
15:30Boy & GirlsChampionship and Award presentationsTBA

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
That field is going to be savaged by Saturday evening with that many games. Even in perfect weather it's a lot of traffic.

If anyone is watching please get the scores flowing. I need something to get me through.

Rae Rae

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Are you suggesting that NSW Schools didnt select Woods, Conti and Bartlett because they have league contracts but selected Fittler, Rodwell, Tovio and McLean who also have them? If so that doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.