• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I think refs need to risk going "too hard" on head contact, rather than too easy. The long term impacts can be enormous.
At my local club we have implemented an education program for parents and players. We tell the dangers.
That is....three concussions equals the end of your career.

I have noted in the past numerous players with multiple concussions in junior teams. Viewed almost as a badge of honor by some pathetic parents.
One of my sons who was a top grade footballer at school and colts has just recorded his third.
He knows he is out for good and happily accepts this decision. As he said, "I want to be able to dance with my future wife at our wedding"

Listen to this...it will change your thinking (even if it is Peter Fitzsimmons)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Table update....
From our talented statistician

"to answer the forum question about what happens - the answer is (as previously advised) that washouts are deemed draws, and 1 competition point is awarded to each team but no points for or against.

The current 16As Table is therefore:"

image.png

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Yeah I watched the 2nd XV game and couldn’t see the punch that lead to the red card either but the Assistant ref reported it to the ref and he obviously had a much better view than us watching what was the worst ever camera work I’ve seen on Cluch.

It was almost as if the person had never used a video camera before so I’m not surprised we didn’t see the punch.
Due to the new scoreboard at kings and a quick turnaround the camera was placed into a very poor spot. Game footage aswell for both teams wouldn’t of been the best either.

the fact that the touch judge pointed it out and went on the field during the run of play and stopped it is actually against the rules parents from shore we’re telling me as he was a schoolboy ref. Not sure how true this is but I can tell you when the shore parents who told me this saw the result of it they didn’t have much complaints that’s for sure. Where I was sitting I definitely didn’t see a punch and on the replay I didn’t either but my old eyes may be wrong.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
@Joker Do you know why Daniel Wright ( new 10 )got a yellow card during the game yesterday in the first half?
I believe it was for repeated offside. You can see the ref's arm out for No10 clearly offside in the play leading up to the non-try by the Joeys No11 in the corner (29:00 minutes on the Cluch clock).

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
I posted something similar in the very lonely ISA forum last night Albi. Oakhill played every game yesterday from 13E’s to First 15 & all soccer games yesterday. It’s a winter sport & yep this rain has been incredible but the 13E boys are just as excited about their game as the Firsts. The soccer ground actually looked worse than the rugby fields by the end of the day!
Yep, I think many, including councils, are being way too precious with their fields. I remember playing in ankle deep mud pits. This situation has definitely got worse over the last 2-3 years. Playing some and not others also doesn’t sit well with me.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Having a go at a highly qualified school boy reff, take the whistle your self mate.

TTT
There was certainly some spite in several Kings v Shore games yesterday but not unlike the Scots v View game and recent joeys v view and Scot’s v New games. I thought Shore was maybe the better team and a bit unlucky BUT, Shore (I suspect it’s mainly parents) needs to respect the referee’s decision and the outcome of the game. Put your lawyers away, stop blaming other people and circumstances and come back better next year. This is school sport.

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nice to see you joined green and gold forum yesterday after the shore loss. Dosent seem suspicious does it mate?

have a good night but, go to school tommrow with your loss in not just footy but the head of the river

@Joker time for the forum gods to kick these kids off, need to be focusing on class
Relax, he’s just trying to stand up for a young referee.

You did say:

”the fact that the touch judge pointed it out and went on the field during the run of play and stopped it is actually against the rules”

So when you say “I never had a go at him” well you did have a little dig at him imo.

Anyway I come on here to find out what’s going on in schoolboy rugby not get into petty squabbles so I’ll move on.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
The young men in the rugby program are the nicest men I have come across. My son is in year 10 at the college and it confirms my somewhat biased opinion that Newington is perhaps the most liked GPS school across other schools. Terrific win from joeys yesterday, the Newington performance was disappointing, with a talented team just being outplayed by passionate young joeys backs and forwards. Congratulations to Joeys hopefully our boys can bounce back and win the next three games. They have had two extremely difficult matches (with Scots and Joeys away), and three home gays in a row, perhaps against 'less challenging opponents'. GO NEW!!!

I was sitting next to a group of senior Newington boys in their uniforms, and was impressed by their demeanor. Animated commentary but no sledging - they were giving their boys verbal support, but also appreciative of good football. One of them commented favourably on how the Joeys boys don't carry on like pork chops after a try, but simply run quickly back to the centre. Newington is doing something right if these boys are a reflection.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Relax, he’s just trying to stand up for a young referee.

You did say:

”the fact that the touch judge pointed it out and went on the field during the run of play and stopped it is actually against the rules”

So when you say “I never had a go at him” well you did have a little dig at him imo.

Anyway I come on here to find out what’s going on in schoolboy rugby not get into petty squabbles so I’ll move on.
“the fact that the touch judge pointed it out and went on the field during the run of play and stopped it is actually against the rules parents from shore we’re telling me as he was a schoolboy ref. Not sure how true this is but I can tell you when the shore parents who told me this saw the result of it they didn’t have much complaints “

my exact words mate, I was stating what a shore parent had told me then clearly said not sure how true this is. Don’t try and put words in my mouth young fella.

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
“the fact that the touch judge pointed it out and went on the field during the run of play and stopped it is actually against the rules parents from shore we’re telling me as he was a schoolboy ref. Not sure how true this is but I can tell you when the shore parents who told me this saw the result of it they didn’t have much complaints “

my exact words mate, I was stating what a shore parent had told me then clearly said not sure how true this is. Don’t try and put words in my mouth young fella.
Not sure what you're going on about here mate - he hasn't put anything in your mouth. No need to get so butthurt about someone calling you out because your grammar is the standard of a 10-year-old child. Just move on from it.

Last edited:

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I was sitting next to a group of senior Newington boys in their uniforms, and was impressed by their demeanor. Animated commentary but no sledging - they were giving their boys verbal support, but also appreciative of good football. One of them commented favourably on how the Joeys boys don't carry on like pork chops after a try, but simply run quickly back to the centre. Newington is doing something right if these boys are a reflection.
Hello Ace
Nice to hear from another new supporter. Well I am new supporter, who became a teacher. So I am in a favourable position, having taught at numerous Independent boys schools to judge, such schools. Newington is indeed, a fabulous experience for both teachers, students and their parents.

Its good to hear that Rugby is on the comeback

Kind regards

B&W

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
It is great to see! It seems in previous years that the school culture and passion for rugby has disappeared from the glory days in the early 2010's (premierships in '10 '12 '13 '15). However this year seems different, the 1st XI cricket, firsts water polo and 1st and 2nd basketball all secured the premiership in the summer season, and it seems as though the culture is starting to come back. My son told me that the cricket finale had a crowd of about 600-700 people (hardly ever seen for what i consider to be an eroding sport). I think the major reason for this change is the influence of the 1st XVI (which is a group of 16 young men who wear white caps at co-curricular events and provide excitement and support). The group this year seems to be energetic and full of great initiatives that ultimately is changing the culture of the school. There is a young man in year 12 who constructed a successful rugby video, with no previous experience in videography, with motivation coming from that video that in my opinion helped inspire Newington to their first round win over Scots. The culture seems to be coming back and it is great to see from the perspective of a Newington parent!
Hello NewBoy1

Its great so many New supporters are on this site nowadays and offering a Black & White perspective.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The young men in the rugby program are the nicest men I have come across. My son is in year 10 at the college and it confirms my somewhat biased opinion that Newington is perhaps the most liked GPS school across other schools. Terrific win from joeys yesterday, the Newington performance was disappointing, with a talented team just being outplayed by passionate young joeys backs and forwards. Congratulations to Joeys hopefully our boys can bounce back and win the next three games. They have had two extremely difficult matches (with Scots and Joeys away), and three home gays in a row, perhaps against 'less challenging opponents'. GO NEW!!!
I am based, also in this matter. New I feel, together with Joeys are two very "down to earth schools"

As to New performance against Joeys.I feel Joeys demonstrated why they will be the Undefeated GPS Champions last Saturday.

B&W

Frank Row (1)
Well he clearly did mate….
Hey Rugbynbeers - go to the video on clutch - look at 1:04:19 and you can see TKS number 13 clearly punching the Shore number 15 when he is on the ground. Having watched many TKS vs Shore games for many years, got to say i was disappointed at the number of TKS players who threw punches (the incidents in the thirds described by Gereld Merk were just as bad). The incident in the first which left the shore number 15 with a head knock and off to hospital was different, it was a failed charge down which led to an accidental shoulder on head and not deliberate.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
One weekend closes and the weekend ahead beckons.

What a round. Two matches came down to the final minutes with Shore snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Plenty of people wish to see the finish but Cluch won't play ball.
Scots win the award for best swimmers in the swamp and quick change artists at halftime. Bless.
Joeys gallop along on the green top at Hunters Hill. You know the drainage was good as the Newington jerseys were still white at full time.

All of this leads to another round of tipping.
This will be a toughie...every team has a good chance of winning.

Shoremen host The Wolf pack at Sterling bridge
The Armani hit squad host the great unwashed cattledogs at Castello del Valentino
The Wookies of Stanmore host the Holstein cattle at Kashyyyk.

TIPS- Week 9.jpg

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)
I am not usually one to blame the refs, however, I believe all games of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV comps the refs have not been up to standard. In my opinion the young academy refs who are doing games at Colts levels should be doing the majority of these games. Instead of old fellas my age whose career was behind them 15 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.