• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old High Boy

J,

I assume I only scored 10 because there is currently no 10 points bonus for picking the exact margin, at the moment, a la Scots by 2?
Cheers.

Good ol WLF3 has wandered over from the CAS thread...

Is it good to be amongst the 'big end' of town mate? ;)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Why are Scots 4th in 14B's if they have 2 wins? And why do they have zero points
Apologies it was a glitch in the matrix brought about by a rogue cell.
Blame Newington's double forfeit in the 14Bs!

comp Tables - Round 2 final rev1.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
J,

I assume I only scored 10 because there is currently no 10 points bonus for picking the exact margin, at the moment, a la Scots by 2?
Cheers.
Last week you scored 5 points for both Joeys and Scots results as your spread was in the margin of error.
The new rules (starting this week) would see you get 15 points!
Nice to see you strutting your stuff back amongst the ancient and old world

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Boys from yr 7 in that team, Mcausland I & F, Boman T, Lee A, Dybal C, Bull T, Bursil D, Allan S. That's off the top of my head. Will never forget that day
Does Bursil have an older brother who ran GPS Aths? Very familiar name. From memory the younger McAusland was only 15 or 16 in that game.
Apologies it was a glitch in the matrix brought about by a rogue cell.
Blame Newington's double forfeit in the 14Bs!

View attachment 14249
Newington doesn’t forfeit.

TheChuckler

Frank Row (1)
Long-time viewer, first time poster here. Have been tempted at multiple points during the past two seasons to register an account on the forum and express some of my opinions, which hopefully the majority of you can appreciate. Finally got around to it, excited to give some of my insight, however limited it may be.

Personally, I think the Shore vs Riverview game this Saturday at Northbridge will be one to keep an eye on. Riverview have been touted this season as not as strong as they have been in recent years, however will be looking to get a second win and potentially join St Josephs at the top of the table. If this occurs, we will certainly have a extremely tight race for the premiership, as Scots, Joeys and View will all be poised at the top of the leader board, making for a spectacular final two rounds. However, I do believe that Shore will be firing on all cylinders on Saturday, coming off the back of last Saturday at White Oval. This makes them a danger to any school's hopes at a potential premiership, and are real shoe-ins this weekend for their first GPS competition win since 2016.

TC

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Long-time viewer, first time poster here. Have been tempted at multiple points during the past two seasons to register an account on the forum and express some of my opinions, which hopefully the majority of you can appreciate. Finally got around to it, excited to give some of my insight, however limited it may be.

Personally, I think the Shore vs Riverview game this Saturday at Northbridge will be one to keep an eye on. Riverview have been touted this season as not as strong as they have been in recent years, however will be looking to get a second win and potentially join St Josephs at the top of the table. If this occurs, we will certainly have a extremely tight race for the premiership, as Scots, Joeys and View will all be poised at the top of the leader board, making for a spectacular final two rounds. However, I do believe that Shore will be firing on all cylinders on Saturday, coming off the back of last Saturday at White Oval. This makes them a danger to any school's hopes at a potential premiership, and are real shoe-ins this weekend for their first GPS competition win since 2016.

TC
It seems likely Scots will lose against Joeys though so it may just be a two horse race

TheChuckler

Frank Row (1)
It seems likely Scots will lose against Joeys though so it may just be a two horse race
Could well be - Cummins' absence could leave a large hole in what is typically a fairly robust wall of defence. However, we have seen crazier things happen at BH on a Saturday afternoon

RED CARD RICHARD

Bob McCowan (2)

TC
Welcome to the forum Chuckler!!

As another rugby lover who has recently joined the forum I look forward to hear some of your differing rugby opinions.

RCR

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Last week you scored 5 points for both Joeys and Scots results as your spread was in the margin of error.
The new rules (starting this week) would see you get 15 points!
Nice to see you strutting your stuff back amongst the ancient and old world
Never left the AAGPS, ISA or CAS sites re schoolboy footy, luv seeing the scores, and the insightful comments.

Must say, since the AAGPS schools are now only playing themselves, there's a much more happy tone in the site, as there must be a GPS school winner. Finally no one can get flogged by a top CAS or ISA school. Phew! :p

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shore v View
I think Shore will play an effective field positioning game and target the inexperience of the View #10 and exploit the clumsy wingers. Therefore i think in a heated battle at Northbridge Shore will get it done +3.
Clumsy wingers?? your off your chops mate

View by 30

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I don’t know how anyone will contain M. Jorgensen
Simple. Starve him of the ball.
Furthermore teams that play Joeys need to learn when to keep or kick possession of the ball.
Going into the game planning to shut so and so down won’t work. That’s exactly what happened to the boys from Stanmore last weekend and the end result was 6 tries to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.