• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
New 34-tks 22,
New 34-tks 22, Newington were by a slight margin the more nimble, more creative side, but not by much.Kings score a runway try, though not the length of the field showed they also had creative runners when given the ball in hand. For me, Newington's ability when in the possession, to maintain momentum was the real difference between the sides. Equally, this time Newington were given a very solid platform, for their backs to spin the ball. New tries I recall all came from running the ball out wide( I think kings were also scored out wide).So a fantastic game of running rugby. Both teams need to be congulated on their efforts to deliver an excellent game of running rugby.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
New 34-tks 22, Newington were by a slight margin the more nimble, more creative side, but not by much.Kings score a runway try, though not the length of the field showed they also had creative runners when given the ball in hand. For me, Newington's ability when in the possession, to maintain momentum was the real difference between the sides. Equally, this time Newington were given a very solid platform, for their backs to spin the ball. New tries I recall all came from running the ball out wide( I think kings were also scored out wide).So a fantastic game of running rugby. Both teams need to be congulated on their efforts to deliver an excellent game of running rugby.
New are going well this year

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
What’s frustrating is they always have a top performing 16A team. One would think these would mean a competitive transition into 1st and 2nds
Yes, we produce some outstanding age group teams, like our current 16As. Some critics say its puberty, others coaching. Nevertheless, todays win puts new in a good position to finish well, far better than critics expected.

O

Old High Boy

Kings vs newo 16As
17-17 kings missed a kick at the end to win. Saw the boys were wearing black arm bands would anyone be able to inform me why?

Apparently one of the lads in the team had a close relative that passed away recently...

O

Old High Boy

Kings vs newo 16As
17-17 kings missed a kick at the end to win.

Kings scored right at the death about 20 m left of the posts; there was no wind, and the kick looked to be heading straight, but veered left and just missed.

The Kings lad was so distraught immediately after the kick, and was on his knees looking disconsolate, but it was great to see two Newington lads walk up to him, lift him up, and shake his hand to console him - classy stuff from Newington

RED CARD RICHARD

Bob McCowan (2)
A huge congratulations to SHORE on winning their first game in 6 years.

But I am utterly disgusted in the old boys behaviour. They seem to be the only school in the GPS with old boys who don’t get the memo not to make noise during the opposition kicks. That’s what’s not what is disappointing though.

As the old boys broke the fence down to crowd around the players to celebrate (as they should) an old boy sucker punched a player that looked like Riverview’s number 13 (Max Threkeld) as he was crouching on the ground in disbelief. I just don’t get why on earth an old boy would do such a thing. I will not say anymore, but I honestly am appalled.

WAS.
Can't believe this!!!

Amazing win for Shore, but the occasion and win is not an excuse for that behaviour.

Sounds like a cracking game!! Will be watching later on clutch.

RCR

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Apparently one of the lads in the team had a close relative that passed away recently...
Kings scored right at the death about 20 m left of the posts; there was no wind, and the kick looked to be heading straight, but veered left and just missed.

The Kings lad was so distraught immediately after the kick, and was on his knees looking disconsolate, but it was great to see two Newington lads walk up to him, lift him up, and shake his hand to console him - classy stuff from Newington
Just confirmed with a kings parent after the 1sts game that the 16As prop had lost his grandmother and the funeral was today so he was unable to make the game.

pretty classy from the kings boys to wear the black arm bands in honour of him and his loss. Aslo very impressed with the newo boys and how when the kings boys looked distraughted after this missed kick which lead to the game being a tie, they all went and shook hands and checked up on the boys. Great game today and happy both teams walked away without losing.

moments like these show it’s more then just a game of footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.