• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old High Boy

Thoughts on Joeys Riverview this weekend ?? Hopefully this can steer us away from the sheer immaturity. Thanks Bench Warmer

For me, the key will be how can View nullify the Joeys #7 and #6... their work at the breakdown is tireless, and with the #7 getting in their faces, it will be interesting to see how View react to that.

And I am also hoping that View keep the ball in hand - do not kick it to the Joeys back three...

BringTheBiff

Frank Nicholson (4)
For me, the key will be how can View nullify the Joeys #7 and #6... their work at the breakdown is tireless, and with the #7 getting in their faces, it will be interesting to see how View react to that.

And I am also hoping that View keep the ball in hand - do not kick it to the Joeys back three...
does anyone know if jorgensen is back?

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)

It will be a cracking game. With View motivated off a heart breaking loss last week to the young lads at the bridge. Keen to see this game but I believe the Joeys pack will be way to strong for the view boys to handle.

O

Old High Boy

scots by 50

Mmmm... I dont think so, while Scots are a good team, Kings are considerably better than what the scores have been.

The Kings back three are all skilful and quick, and they link up effectively too. I just wish the #10 would run it more than kick for those 50 - 22's...

Last edited by a moderator:

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
It will be a cracking game. With View motivated off a heart breaking loss last week to the young lads at the bridge. Keen to see this game but I believe the Joeys pack will be way to strong for the view boys to handle.
I think this is correct, Joeys forwards should have the edge but don't forget how competitive View were at HH for the trial. A big swing factor for me is whether or not there is 1, 2 or no Jorgo's playing. The only thing I am sure of is that the atmosphere will be A+

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
A small word of advice to those who wish to create a real nuisance of yourself.

This is a reminder that discussion of off-field behaviour is forbidden. While Green and Gold provides a place to discuss schoolboy rugby, this does not extend to off-field behaviour of players. If a student is suspended and unavailable to play rugby, simply state he is unavailable for selection.

Finally, do not speculate about a players post schoolboy rugby career. Leave that alone. Remember the player cannot defend himself or correct.

wind-in-the-willows2.jpg

chupapidaddy

Frank Row (1)
Just heard lachlan smirl will be playing #9 for joeys seconds after oli schmude broke his finger at training yesterday afternoon. Smirl has exceptional pace and is very fit and agile after training with Rugby Appeal for numerous years. Look forwards too seeing the young boar tear in.

Baldrick

Frank Row (1)
The information I have is that the oval will be taking 10,000 fans ONLY.
While the tickets are free, you must still have one to enter the grounds.

No ticket, no entry.

I feel many will be caught out by this. Information on ways to book your tickets have been distributed by both school communities.
If you wish to attend, and are not part of the communities, please ring Joeys (02) 9816 0900 or St Ignatius (02) 9882 8222 and ask you can secure yours.
Here is the link for tickets:
General Admission-Saint Ignatius' College Riverview & St Joseph's College Hunters Hill Rugby Match, Lilyfield, Sat 6th Aug 2022, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEST | Humanitix

LineoutMark

Bob McCowan (2)
News Alert!!:
I have just had morning tea with an old shore friend of mine, and I have been informed of an up and coming player: Luke Smart, year 10.

I have been told that he is a young, enthusiastic player with potential to spend many more years in the blue and white jersey.

Nothing confirmed, but there is potential for him to make a debut this weekend vs newington.

RCR
I have heard similar things. Could be a great addition to the team.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Only if Joeys drop their last two remaining matches...
The scenario where Scots share the 1st XV premiership:

- Scots beat Kings AND Shore
- Joeys lose to Riverview AND Kings
- Newington lose to Shore OR Riverview

Scots, Newington and Joeys would then finish on three wins each.
Riverview could also be in the picture but would need to beat Joeys AND Newington.

This will not happen.

INP

Status
Not open for further replies.