• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
At a guess I would say Scots is very roughly about the same distance from the city as Joeys, Shore and View. Of course these days it is very expensive to buy land in Bellevue Hill, but North Sydney, Willoughby, Lane Cove and Hunters Hill aren't exactly backwaters.... and most of the land was all acquired 100+ years ago. So I think it is more a case of foresight and courage to back a bold vision, we have all heard the story of the opportunity that Scots passed on to acquire substantial land near Parramatta in the 1940's.
Scots in Parramatta...

Could.you.imagine.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Scots in Parramatta...

Could.you.imagine.

Ive got vague recollections of there being a push to relocate either a large portion or perhaps the entire school out to a campus near Liverpool. It was all open fields then - probably high density now.

We'd be going back about 20 years with this though. Perhaps @Joker recalls something along these lines?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Any thoughts on the success of the T.S.C rugby program under Brian Smith?
He started in 2015?

3 1st XV Premierships is a pretty good result but no 1st, 2nd, 3rd XV titles since 2017 probably has them wanting more right now. Has been a very good period of success for whatever reason people want to bring up since Scots seemed to only win a 1st XV premiership once a decade and nothing for 20 years from the mid 1990s-2010

aagpsrugbyfan

Bob McCowan (2)
Well last week Scot’s won 31% of their games. Last year most weeks was 50/50
In my opinion I'd say the rugby program has a lot of great success in the last few years. Under Smith they have won 3 premierships, produced a number of Australian Schoolboys and a few Waratahs. Its always been hard going against a school like Joeys which have so much depth in all there teams. Scots has a large diverse winter sports making the depth of the Rugby teams difficult.

footyman4life55

Frank Row (1)
Hello all fellow rugby enjoyers,
Wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the second's competition this week. Expecting a moment week this week in terms of premierships.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
In my opinion I'd say the rugby program has a lot of great success in the last few years. Under Smith they have won 3 premierships, produced a number of Australian Schoolboys and a few Waratahs. Its always been hard going against a school like Joeys which have so much depth in all there teams. Scots has a large diverse winter sports making the depth of the Rugby teams difficult.
Are they any more diverse than Riverview, Newington and Shore? I left Joeys out as they are very Rugby heavy and it shows in results.

Riverview and Newington are always amongst the Soccer premierships as well as Aussie Rules which I believe they play each other in the Schools Grand Final tonight.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
As one of the old lags on this site (check out the date I joined) let me give you a tip: there are many Joeys supporters here who take offence at cerise being called pink. Continuing along that line'd be a good way to get banned.

Positive, and humorous , contributions welcomed.
JOEYS RUGBY- Since 1894.jpg

footyman4life55

Frank Row (1)
Are they any more diverse than Riverview, Newington and Shore? I left Joeys out as they are very Rugby heavy and it shows in results.

Riverview and Newington are always amongst the Soccer premierships as well as Aussie Rules which I believe they play each other in the Schools Grand Final tonight.
I beg to differ, the Joey's firsts soccer are right now on the top of the table and in strong contention for the premiership.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
We'd be going back about 20 years with this though. Perhaps @Joker recalls something along these lines?
Yes I do.

Scots once bought the Bellevue Hill Bowling Club site. It was about a hectare in size (size of two rugby fields) and was located not too far away from the senior school. The idea was to relocate the Prep to this site from Mansion Rd which was a small area with no field. They put in plans to the council and were rejected due to concerns from the locals regarding noise and increased traffic. Scots then decided to sell this land and they bought 32 hectares of land in Macquarie Fields near Campbelltown. The idea was to construct a feeder school or "Scots Lite" but this never got off the ground and it sat there for decades. Eventually the NSW government bought the land from Scots for public housing which already dominated the location. If you know that part of Sydney it is the opposite to Bellevue Hill.

So what happened to the Bowling Club?

The developer Scots sold it to built luxury townhouses on the land and they made $$$$. Scots should have gone in with the developer and reaped the rewards.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yes I do.

Scots once had the Bellevue Hill Bowling Club site. It was about a hectare in size (size of two rugby fields) and was located not too far away from the senior school. The idea was to relocate the Prep to this site from Mansion Rd which was a small area with no field. They put in plans to the council and were rejected due to concerns from the locals regarding noise and increased traffic. Scots then decided to sell this land and they bought 32 hectares of land in Macquarie Fields near Campbelltown. The idea was to construct a feeder school or "Scots Lite" but this never got off the ground and it sat there for decades. Eventually the NSW government bought the land from Scots for public housing which already dominated the location. If you know that part of Sydney it is the opposite to Bellevue Hill.

So what happened to the Bowling Club?

The developer Scots sold it to built luxury townhouses on the land and they made $$$$. Scots should have gone in with the developer and reaped the rewards.
There is currently an extensive search underway and one 40 acre site has held under option but ruled out last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.