• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
  • GPS results for Rd 4 for Opens, 16s and 14s - top 2 grades only
    • note that results are incomplete for 15s and 13s. Joeys 15As and 13As are undefeated after 10 games so far this season.
  • GPS 3rd Grade Table leading in to the final game against Kings. This final game is to decide the premiership. Depending who wins between View 3rds and TAS, Joeys could be outright premiers if they beat Kings.

• 5405C60D-8C3B-4793-BCE6-86B0EB60D6A0.jpeg

• 2D193C43-D071-4318-A097-2C331FFCE7E5.jpeg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Please help

We are still missing 4 results

KvS 15As, 15Bs, 13As, 13Bs

anyone????

Last edited:

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Home and away robbed us of these conversations. Preseason saw a couple game against each other and then straight into it. The “occasion” element was taken away. I love the fact that I get to schools at least once a year with trials then round games. But as well I enjoy visiting our CAS cousins and enjoying their hospitality. It is good for each community.

while we are on who is better based on improvement. In 2018 Joeys LOST to trinity in the first game for them that season. Trinity were viewing this as their chance to create history and played as such. Joeys were at the start of their prolonged tinkering phase which now seems to be the norm. (Find a recipe that works and stick with it). Joeys went in to share the title with the cattlemen of Parramatta that season. Does this win very early in a season make Trinity a better team for that year? Barker took their chance and were better on the day against an “untuned” Joeys still finding the right mix. Barker were set and deservedly won the match. How would they go now against a tuned up machine firing on all cylinders? I would love to know.
J,

Choosing 1 game, eg Trinity, to use as an example is not fair, I suspect using all the Trials games is a much better example.

To be honest I find this phrase of being "üntuned" a little hard to believe.
You could say the same about any side but I tend to not believe it holds much water.

Firstly, every Opens coach, especially the 1s and 2s, pretty much knows who will be in these teams before the season starts, there will be some bolters, but that's it. These coaches have watched these boys probably from year 7, so they are not facing a group of unknowns, and a lot of these boys would have played together throughout the Age groups, so combinations already exist.

Yes teams should get better as the season progresses, but that applies to all teams, barring injury.

So assuming the GPS returns to the H and A, then will they still be fine tuning in round 1, I bet not, and that is for the reasons I stated above, they know their teams early on.

Most of the CAS teams don't change much from the start to the beginning, can't see why the GPS is any different, to any great extent.

BTW, as you well know, this H and A system was misstated by me in a CAS post, as Tradition, it's not, this system is probably only a decade+ old!
Prior to this system, the current system of cross school games was in place for much longer.

Anyway, it will be what it will be.....

scotsoldboy

Frank Row (1)
If Scots win 2nd xv this weekend does that mean theyre prems no matter what?
These are the different scenarios of scots winning;
- Joeys beats Kings and Scots beats Shore - Scots wins prem
- Kings beats Joeys and Scots beats Shore - Scots share prem with Kings
- Scots loses and any other result they do not win

BringTheBiff

Frank Nicholson (4)
These are the different scenarios of scots winning;
- Joeys beats Kings and Scots beats Shore - Scots wins prem
- Kings beats Joeys and Scots beats Shore - Scots share prem with Kings
- Scots loses and any other result they do not win
gonna be a rough day for scots when the shore boys get up sadly

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Or old boys / teache

you also have to take into consideration the mentality of the two sides going into that game .. one team was going into the game treating it clearly as a Trial … The other, like it was the rugby World Cup final … You can see evidence of this attitude clearly with some recent posts in this thread.
J,

Choosing 1 game, eg Trinity, to use as an example is not fair, I suspect using all the Trials games is a much better example.

To be honest I find this phrase of being "üntuned" a little hard to believe.
You could say the same about any side but I tend to not believe it holds much water.

Firstly, every Opens coach, especially the 1s and 2s, pretty much knows who will be in these teams before the season starts, there will be some bolters, but that's it. These coaches have watched these boys probably from year 7, so they are not facing a group of unknowns, and a lot of these boys would have played together throughout the Age groups, so combinations already exist.

Yes teams should get better as the season progresses, but that applies to all teams, barring injury.

So assuming the GPS returns to the H and A, then will they still be fine tuning in round 1, I bet not, and that is for the reasons I stated above, they know their teams early on.

Most of the CAS teams don't change much from the start to the beginning, can't see why the GPS is any different, to any great extent.

BTW, as you well know, this H and A system was misstated by me in a CAS post, as Tradition, it's not, this system is probably only a decade+ old!
Prior to this system, the current system of cross school games was in place for much longer.

Anyway, it will be what it will be.....
Nah a lot of GPS schools treat trials .. as exactly that …. trials … I know guys who spent nearly rhe entire trial period in the 1stxv only to end up in the 3rds … very harsh but not usual

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 7 – 13 August

Premiership Update

Well, it’s the final round of the competition and there are still potential twists and turns in the 3rd XV premiership. Only Riverview, Kings or Joeys can win it now, so there are two key match ups this week- Joeys v Kings at Hunters Hill and Riverview v TAS across the water at Lane Cove.

Joeys (10 points) are now equal with Riverview and Kings following their loss to Riverview last week. The equation for Joeys is simple. Beat Kings and they guarantee at least a share of the premiership. Lose to Kings and the Col Windon Shield is not coming back to Hunters Hill.

Kings (10 points) did everything that they needed to do last week by defeating Scots and now are in a position to at least share the premiership by knocking off Joeys at Hunters Hill. Same for Kings – a loss there means that it’s all over.

Riverview (10 points) kept themselves alive with a one point win over Joeys last week. They meet TAS at Lane Cove and they must win this match to share the premiership with the winner of the Joeys v Kings encounter. If TAS beats Riverview, then the winner of the Joeys v Kings match will win the premiership outright.

Shore (6 points) are out of the premiership race following their loss to Grammar last weekend. They are playing Scots at Bellevue Hill and should put up a good show there but it’s a dead rubber at this stage.

Grammar (6 points) had a good win at Shore, but will now be preparing to hand over the Col Windon Shield to one or more of the top three teams. They play High at Rushcutters Bay.

TAS (4 points) can still cause some trouble in this competition by beating Riverview in the final round. That won’t be easy, as Riverview are chasing a shared premiership which they can achieve with a home win. Still a bit of excitement to come.

Scots (2 points) are well and truly out of contention for the premiership, and their final effort will be against Shore at Bellevue Hill.

High (0 points) meet Grammar at Rushcutters Bay for their final match of the year. They have put in a determined effort throughout the competition despite some difficult losses.

Match Previews

Joeys v Kings

Well, it’s all come down to this match. Last Saturday, Joeys opened the door to Riverview and Kings to win the premiership. Now Joeys find themselves in a must win situation in the final round at Hunters Hill.
Kings will be full of confidence following their recent series of strong wins and will come to Hunters Hill ready to play. They have mobile forwards, an expansive running game and are not scared to throw the ball around.
Joeys have a versatile forward pack, capable both at the set piece and the breakdown. Their backs are dynamic with the ability to create opportunities. You can be assured that they will play the full 50 minutes just like they have done on numerous occasions this year.
Glory awaits the victor.
Joeys by a try in the corner under the scoreboard on full time.

Riverview v TAS
It appears that Riverview have done the hard work by beating Joeys last week and now should be able to close out a share of the premiership by beating TAS in this final match. However, TAS will not be easily beaten – they have had some decent performances this year, losing by only 3 points to Joeys in the first round and beating Scots and High. For this final match they have to travel to Sydney and will need their full playing roster available, healthy, and on the bus!
While there is always a risk for Riverview that they played their grand final last week, I think with the premiership on the line again this week, Riverview will lift and I expect them to be too strong for TAS, especially at home.
Riverview by 7.

Scots v Shore
There is no doubt that these two teams could have figured higher in the premiership race had a few more results gone their way. But now they find themselves in the final match playing for pride.
Scots have only won a single match against High, and I am sure would be disappointed with their season, but they are capable of playing great rugby.
Shore looked like premiership contenders early on, but losses to Joeys, Kings and Grammar put an end to those aspirations.
So, we come to this final round match at Bellevue Hill and what should still be a good match. Shore will be looking to finish on a high note and Scots will want to put in a top performance to close out the season in front of their home crowd. On balance though, I think that Shore will win this one and share 4th place on the premiership table with Grammar.
Shore by 10.

Grammar v High
This final match for Grammar and High will not impact the premiership but should provide an opportunity for both 1st XV teams to end the season with strong performances. Grammar will be disappointed to hand over the Col Windon Shield after this game, but have put in some solid efforts this year and only lost to Joeys, Kings and Riverview. High have struggled throughout it has to be said, but have also had their moments. The greatest factor in this game is likely to be the dominance of the Grammar forwards who will ensure a good share of possession and a comfortable win for Grammar is likely.
Grammar by 28.

Good luck to all players, especially to the Year 12 boys who are playing their last game of GPS rugby this weekend.

INP

view2k22prems

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe youse are right but I still firmly believe Barker would beat Joeys even with an away fixture as they already did by 30-10. Perhaps this time it will be a much closer encounter. Also, you play to win regardless if the fixture is a trial or non-trial game. You don't rock up against a team like Barker -- arguably one of the strongest sides in NSW the last couple of years -- with a "trial" attitude. You show up to win going into the season. Even if you argue that Joeys #10 was out for 2/3 of the game and the whole side has improved a lot, Barker had FIVE NSW players OUT and it was an AWAY game at hh. So, my point is that if the current Joeys and Barker side battled it out at Barker, Barker would probs win by the same margin

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
3rd XV Round 7 – 13 August

Premiership Update

Well, it’s the final round of the competition and there are still potential twists and turns in the 3rd XV premiership. Only Riverview, Kings or Joeys can win it now, so there are two key match ups this week- Joeys v Kings at Hunters Hill and Riverview v TAS across the water at Lane Cove.

Joeys (10 points) are now equal with Riverview and Kings following their loss to Riverview last week. The equation for Joeys is simple. Beat Kings and they guarantee at least a share of the premiership. Lose to Kings and the Col Windon Shield is not coming back to Hunters Hill.

Kings (10 points) did everything that they needed to do last week by defeating Scots and now are in a position to at least share the premiership by knocking off Joeys at Hunters Hill. Same for Kings – a loss there means that it’s all over.

Riverview (10 points) kept themselves alive with a one point win over Joeys last week. They meet TAS at Lane Cove and they must win this match to share the premiership with the winner of the Joeys v Kings encounter. If TAS beats Riverview, then the winner of the Joeys v Kings match will win the premiership outright.

Shore (6 points) are out of the premiership race following their loss to Grammar last weekend. They are playing Scots at Bellevue Hill and should put up a good show there but it’s a dead rubber at this stage.

Grammar (6 points) had a good win at Shore, but will now be preparing to hand over the Col Windon Shield to one or more of the top three teams. They play High at Rushcutters Bay.

TAS (4 points) can still cause some trouble in this competition by beating Riverview in the final round. That won’t be easy, as Riverview are chasing a shared premiership which they can achieve with a home win. Still a bit of excitement to come.

Scots (2 points) are well and truly out of contention for the premiership, and their final effort will be against Shore at Bellevue Hill.

High (0 points) meet Grammar at Rushcutters Bay for their final match of the year. They have put in a determined effort throughout the competition despite some difficult losses.

Match Previews

Joeys v Kings

Well, it’s all come down to this match. Last Saturday, Joeys opened the door to Riverview and Kings to win the premiership. Now Joeys find themselves in a must win situation in the final round at Hunters Hill.
Kings will be full of confidence following their recent series of strong wins and will come to Hunters Hill ready to play. They have mobile forwards, an expansive running game and are not scared to throw the ball around.
Joeys have a versatile forward pack, capable both at the set piece and the breakdown. Their backs are dynamic with the ability to create opportunities. You can be assured that they will play the full 50 minutes just like they have done on numerous occasions this year.
Glory awaits the victor.
Joeys by a try in the corner under the scoreboard on full time.

Riverview v TAS
It appears that Riverview have done the hard work by beating Joeys last week and now should be able to close out a share of the premiership by beating TAS in this final match. However, TAS will not be easily beaten – they have had some decent performances this year, losing by only 3 points to Joeys in the first round and beating Scots and High. For this final match they have to travel to Sydney and will need their full playing roster available, healthy, and on the bus!
While there is always a risk for Riverview that they played their grand final last week, I think with the premiership on the line again this week, Riverview will lift and I expect them to be too strong for TAS, especially at home.
Riverview by 7.

Scots v Shore
There is no doubt that these two teams could have figured higher in the premiership race had a few more results gone their way. But now they find themselves in the final match playing for pride.
Scots have only won a single match against High, and I am sure would be disappointed with their season, but they are capable of playing great rugby.
Shore looked like premiership contenders early on, but losses to Joeys, Kings and Grammar put an end to those aspirations.
So, we come to this final round match at Bellevue Hill and what should still be a good match. Shore will be looking to finish on a high note and Scots will want to put in a top performance to close out the season in front of their home crowd. On balance though, I think that Shore will win this one and share 4th place on the premiership table with Grammar.
Shore by 10.

Grammar v High
This final match for Grammar and High will not impact the premiership but should provide an opportunity for both 1st XV teams to end the season with strong performances. Grammar will be disappointed to hand over the Col Windon Shield after this game, but have put in some solid efforts this year and only lost to Joeys, Kings and Riverview. High have struggled throughout it has to be said, but have also had their moments. The greatest factor in this game is likely to be the dominance of the Grammar forwards who will ensure a good share of possession and a comfortable win for Grammar is likely.
Grammar by 28.

Good luck to all players, especially to the Year 12 boys who are playing their last game of GPS rugby this weekend.

INP
@ItsNotPink thanks for your 3rd XV summaries through the season. I haven't seen Kings play this year but I thought Riverview were the most impressive team in the comp as they looked more cohesive with the ball. Shore had a tough day at lineout last week - it felt like they lost almost every lineout. It's hard to get any momentum when that happens.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Nah a lot of GPS schools treat trials .. as exactly that …. trials … I know guys who spent nearly rhe entire trial period in the 1stxv only to end up in the 3rds … very harsh but not usual
Nah, a few boys may move up and down like that, but not the majority, that's a furphy.
Also wouldn't you be testing pretty much what you think will be your best side moving forward, I think so, (I am sure so!)

I also think given the pride within all these schools, teams really don't like to lose, so the majority of every team is the real deal.

So will this "trial" approach be the same approach in a H & A mini comp, betcha it isn't for the reasons outlined above, they will be ready to go, as they were at the beginning of the season. Don't forget all the preseason training that moulds the look of these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.