• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old High Boy

When I pick my son up from Northbridge, I often see the 3s and 16As running against each other. Seems to be pretty dominant for the 3s, but 16As certainly give them a good crack.

With the stronger rugby schools (i.e. - schools that have teams that go way down to 8th, 9th, 10th Opens) 3rd XV sides are actually quite a good standard, and could trouble a few ISA 1st XV teams. 16 As would give them a run for their money, but I would expect the 3rd XV teams to be too strong in the end...

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anybody think that strong 16s teams like Newington, Riverview, and shore could take on higher teams like the 2nd XV from other schools?
There is a big difference physically and in game maturity between 16A's and 2nds. Some boys who bounce between 16A's and 2nds usually tell you their 2nds would well and truly dominate their 16A's. Some 16A players are exceptional, but on a good day the very best 16A's might beat a very weak 2nds from another school where rugby is not the main winter sport, but as a general rule, no, not even close.

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Obviously your comp doesn’t mean that much then…

Cause I guarantee you, any decent athletes worth his weight wants to win the big events over the ones that mean nothing

That's complete dribble. Any boy who has have ever pulled on a First XV jersey does so knowing that he is one bad injury or poor performance away from being dropped - potentially never to return. Accordingly, they play each game as if it was their last and they couldn't give a tinkers cuss if it's against Joeys, Knox or the Bexley North U8s. A 1stXV cap is a 1stXV cap regardless of who you play.

Anyway -you seemed blinkered in your opinions here so I think it's time to pull out the foremost authority on the matter....

@Joker - could you please summon the butch kangaroo to the thread to speak to us about Joeys players never backing down regardless of who they play (in cerise and blue text of course).

... and then the matter will be settled.

Last edited:

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Why ? .. success is a problem for you ?
Not at all, as a Waves supporter we have had more than our share of success, and again, that's not the point.

You either don't understand what many of us are talking about, or you do, but choose to ignore the real problems in schoolboy rugby.
1 day it will, if it hasn't already affect the GPS comp, believe it or not.

Another option is to put our heads in the sand and hope it will all go away.

No more from me, over flogging a dead horse.

Goosestep

Johnnie Wallace (23)
You either don't understand what many of us are talking about, or you do, but choose to ignore the real problems in schoolboy rugby.
1 day it will, if it hasn't already affect the GPS comp, believe it or not.

Another option is to put our heads in the sand and hope it will all go away.

No more from me, over flogging a dead horse.
hey no is stopping you guys starting your own 2 tier comp … best of luck

Goosestep

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That's complete dribble. Any boy who has have ever pulled on a First XV jersey does so knowing that he is one bad injury or poor performance away from being dropped - potentially never to return. Accordingly, they play each game as if it was their last and they couldn't give a tinkers cuss if it's against Joeys, Knox or the Bexley North U8s. A 1stXV cap is a 1stXV cap regardless of who you play.

Anyway -you seemed blinkered in your opinions here so I think it's time to pull out the foremost authority on the matter....

@Joker - could you please summon the butch kangaroo to the thread to speak to us about Joeys players never backing down regardless of who they play (in cerise and blue text of course).

... ad then the matter will be settled.
No one is saying you deliberately want to play bad .. but if you had to pick to lose a game in the trials or the Comp .. you pick trials ever damn time

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
16As preview for this week.

who would of thought it all comes down to the final round of the season to decide the unofficial “16A’s premiership”

newo vs view
Well new is definitely the strongest 16As team when they have there full side but struggle with depth, not to sure where some key players are playing this weekend (2nds or 16As) but I think the view side could have a crack at newo and push them a bit. Ultimately newo will win and secure at least one hand on the premiership. Kings and joeys will be both hoping view can push newo to the limit and win to secure a out right premiership for kings or joeys. The view 9 is a player to watch in this game while the newo 1,10,12,13 and 15 are players to watch.

kings vs joeys
Joeys winning convincing me last time these two teams Meet, but almost every team did. Who would of thought kings after there term 2 form would be one win away from a hand on the premiership. A fairy tale season saw them draw with newo and beat Scott’s now there final task is to take on joeys at joeys. There forward pack will need to stand up to force a win but I see the boys from joeys getting there win at home for there last ever game before opens. Joeys will win through there backline.

Scott’s vs shore
two solid teams with nothing to play for but pride, Scott’s losing last week in the final minutes to kings while shore had a great win over newo which would have made the joeys and kings boys weekend. I can’t see this game going any other way then a Scott’s win but stranger things have happened this season. Scott’s 15 and 10 are two players to watch in this game for Scott’s while the shore 10 is also very handy.

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Frank Nicholson (4)
16As preview for this week.

who would of thought it all comes down to the final round of the season to decide the unofficial “16A’s premiership”

newo vs view
Well new is definitely the strongest 16As team when they have there full side but struggle with depth, not to sure where some key players are playing this weekend (2nds or 16As) but I think the view side could have a crack at newo and push them a bit. Ultimately newo will win and secure at least one hand on the premiership. Kings and joeys will be both hoping view can push newo to the limit and win to secure a out right premiership for kings or joeys. The view 9 is a player to watch in this game while the newo 1,10,12,13 and 15 are players to watch.

kings vs joeys
Joeys winning convincing me last time these two teams Meet, but almost every team did. Who would of thought kings after there term 2 form would be one win away from a hand on the premiership. A fairy tale season saw them draw with newo and beat Scott’s now there final task is to take on joeys at joeys. There forward pack will need to stand up to force a win but I see the boys from joeys getting there win at home for there last ever game before opens. Joeys will win through there backline.

Scott’s vs shore
two solid teams with nothing to play for but pride, Scott’s losing last week in the final minutes to kings while shore had a great win over newo which would have made the joeys and kings boys weekend. I can’t see this game going any other way then a Scott’s win but stranger things have happened this season. Scott’s 15 and 10 are two players to watch in this game for Scott’s while the shore 10 is also very handy.
Good preview.
Have Scots got a new 10?

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
When I pick my son up from Northbridge, I often see the 3s and 16As running against each other. Seems to be pretty dominant for the 3s, but 16As certainly give them a good crack.
i too also see these trainings with the 3's, 4's and 16A's, the A's get flogged by both sides usually when both open teams are playing to there potential. skipper binuk w is a very tough tackle in the 4's and is usually the main try scorer for them against both teams!

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)

... and then the matter will be settled.
I think your 2nd line states it all i.e. pulling “on First XV jersey”. At Joeys, all trial matches are played in the standard school jersey. The “triple bar” is only worn during AAGPS matches. Someone that plays all the trial matches may not get selected in the First XV and hence never receive a “First’s Cap”.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
but I bet he plays his heart out to get that triple bar… so the point stands. These kids are not only competing for a triple bar but also gps selection and further rep honours which all happens on the back of this “trial” period given (as I mentioned earlier) those teams are selected 30mins after the first comp game

Goosestep

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think your 2nd line states it all i.e. pulling “on First XV jersey”. At Joeys, all trial matches are played in the standard school jersey. The “triple bar” is only worn during AAGPS matches. Someone that plays all the trial matches may not get selected in the First XV and hence never receive a “First’s Cap”.
Exactly, the majority of GPS schools receive their 1stxv jersey/ cap just before the first GPS match .. maybe that’s the confusion here .. In the GPS youre only really considered in the 1xv if u play in the GPS comp …

maybe there’s less of distinction between trials/comp rounds in the other associations ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.