• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Can you tell us when you last saw a group of 1's and 2's at Christo and Centennial watching/running water/kicking tee etc for the junior age groups?
2009 because I asked Marcus to do so and he agreed.
It was wonderful to see Sam Carter (6'5") running the water bottles for Under 9's.
Then that afternoon, THE PREP kids came in droves to support their buddies.

d5ddhgv-23f51a46-6629-4d40-9069-d1b8c868bca2.png

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Great win by Kings 3rds…5-5 at halftime it was anyones game and finishing the season equal with Riverview.

Does someone know the last year Kings won the 3rds comp

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Dear AAGPS community, students, parents, lurkers and the constant crew of G&G

Before we announce the results of the “Green & Gold AAGPS Championship” it would be prudent to explain how the results were calculated.

To begin, we congratulate not just the teams we followed BUT all teams who played week in and week out across rugby ovals across Sydney. Whether it be the wild wolves of Lane Cove in their swamp, the Wookies dominating in their brick pit, the great western cattlemen of Parramatta at Castle Grey Skull, the stoic Northern English army at Stirling bridge, the storm troopers of the great eastern Death Star and finally the great unwashed cattle dogs of the “Riverina” (Lane Cove and Parramatta), you have all played your part this season. There are plenty of highlights to be told in years to come.

The championship has been greatly debated by the old and even older heads in the mathematics department of the AAGPS forum. Many suggestions have been put forward and these have all been examined closely. We have settled on the following “recipe”

Each team has an assigned “weight”. That is a value for their level in this entire competition.

The lower the age group and team rank, the smaller the “weight”

Top weight goes to 1st XV, bottom to the 13B’s. You will note the weight decreases as well with age.

The logic behind "weighting" the 3rds as only 10, compared to, say, the 16As at 12 is because the 3rds play more games in their comp (7 vs 5)

Here are the weights for the teams.

1sts​
25​
2nds​
15​
3rds​
10​
16A​
12​
16B​
5​
15A​
10​
15B​
4​
14A​
8​
14B​
3​
13A​
6​
13B​
2​

We take the Competition Points and apply the Weightings, NOT the number of wins.
A win is awarded 2 competition points and a draw is 1 point.

For example.
In the 1sts comp, Joeys ended on 10 Competition points, and therefore earned 10 x 25 = 250 points in the Championship.
Riverview's 13Bs ended on 8 Competition points and therefore earned 8 x 2= 16 Championship points.

These points are calculated for every team we have reported on this season in our weekly score updates and tables
Each school has their team points added up from 1st XV to 13B’s and then another table is created.

You can now understand how time consuming this is, BUT we do this out of respect for the lads who played and the staff who coached them all.

Joker
Skating on thin ice since 2010

7785fca11d1f66e51627d67d3438cdf7.gif

Last edited:

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dear AAGPS community, students, parents, lurkers and the constant crew of G&G

Before we announce the results of the “Green & Gold AAGPS Championship” it would be prudent to explain how the results were calculated.

To begin, we congratulate not just the teams we followed BUT all teams who played week in and week out across rugby ovals across Sydney. Whether it be the wild wolves of Lane Cove in their swamp, the Wookies dominating in their brick pit, the great western cattlemen of Parramatta at Castle Grey Skull, the stoic Northern English army at Stirling bridge, the storm troopers of the great eastern Death Star and finally the great unwashed cattle dogs of the “Riverina” (Lane Cove and Parramatta), you have all played your part this season. There are plenty of highlights to be told in years to come.

The championship has been greatly debated by the old and even older heads in the mathematics department of the AAGPS forum. Many suggestions have been put forward and these have all been examined closely. We have settled on the following “recipe”

Each team has an assigned “weight”. That is a value for their level in this entire competition.

The lower the age group and team rank, the smaller the “weight”

Top weight goes to 1st XV, bottom to the 13B’s. You will note the weight decreases as well with age.

The logic behind "weighting" the 3rds as only 10, compared to, say, the 16As at 12 is because the 3rds play more games in their comp (7 vs 5)

Here are the weights for the teams.

1sts​
25​
2nds​
15​
3rds​
10​
16A​
12​
16B​
5​
15A​
10​
15B​
4​
14A​
8​
14B​
3​
13A​
6​
13B​
2​

This weight is then multiplied by how many COMPETITION POINTS (wins/Draws) this team accrued in the season.

Example. (This is fiction)

16As (weight 12)

St Cattledog’s 5 wins x 12 = 60 points
Wolves 3 wins x 12 = 36 points
Wookie 3 wins x 12 = 36 points
Bridgeton 2 wins x 12 = 24 points
Hungry Cows 2 wins x 12 = 24 points
Bellevue High 0 wins x 12 = 0 points

These points are calculated for every team we have reported on this season in our weekly score updates and tables
Each school has their team points added up from 1st XV to 13B’s and then another table is created.

You can now understand how time consuming this is, BUT we do this out of respect for the lads who played and the staff who coached them all.

Joker
Skating on thin ice since 2010

View attachment 14526
Really glad someone is trying to do this, thanks. I would try to keep the points distribution as flat as possible even if it appears to disadvantage the firsts. Remember that a good rugby program values the 13Bs equally with the firsts, and a weak program simply buys a 1sts. A basic wins v losses measure is good.

aagpsrugbyfan

Bob McCowan (2)
Firstly congrats to Joeys winning the 1stXV and Shore winning 3 in a row.

I agree with the comments above totally. However the big issue at Scots is the complete lack of communications and understanding rugby isn't all about the 1stXV winning, the program is a holistic one whether your in the 13Z or 9th its about playing with your mates and making life long memories and friends.

The issue lies with Scots rugby program every time the 1stXV don't win their simply is no weekly rugby report!!! Its as if rugby was never played on the weekend and we just move on!

Why not have a good holistic weekly report celebrate the teams above you have mentioned 14B and 16B and I heard maybe 13E all went undeafted these kids are the heart and soul of the rugby program. (celebrate their success).

For example ten minutes before the Scots seconds game nobody had a clue that Scots 2nds were playing for the GPS. Only when Ed White was good enough to announce it just before did people come flocking to watch and cheer. Scots have only won 4 2nd XV titles in 115 years!

Their is a massive growing chorus of Old Boys like myself and current parents want something bit better, its actually not that hard. Allot of money is pumped into the program with zero ROI.

The Scots rugby program is old, tired, entitled and a wind of change needs to happen and quick.
Scots 2nd XV have won 7 premierships (including this year), since 1892. Lots of notice was made about the 2nd XV premiership contention, wether it be through assemblies or chat around the school/Scots community

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Firstly congrats to Joeys winning the 1stXV and Shore winning 3 in a row.

I agree with the comments above totally. However the big issue at Scots is the complete lack of communications and understanding rugby isn't all about the 1stXV winning, the program is a holistic one whether your in the 13Z or 9th its about playing with your mates and making life long memories and friends.

The issue lies with Scots rugby program every time the 1stXV don't win their simply is no weekly rugby report!!! Its as if rugby was never played on the weekend and we just move on!

Why not have a good holistic weekly report celebrate the teams above you have mentioned 14B and 16B and I heard maybe 13E all went undeafted these kids are the heart and soul of the rugby program. (celebrate their success).

For example ten minutes before the Scots seconds game nobody had a clue that Scots 2nds were playing for the GPS. Only when Ed White was good enough to announce it just before did people come flocking to watch and cheer. Scots have only won 4 2nd XV titles in 115 years!

Their is a massive growing chorus of Old Boys like myself and current parents want something bit better, its actually not that hard. Allot of money is pumped into the program with zero ROI.

The Scots rugby program is old, tired, entitled and a wind of change needs to happen and quick.
Scots have won 8 2nd's rugby premierships since the beginning of scots

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Great win by Kings 3rds…5-5 at halftime it was anyones game and finishing the season equal with Riverview.

Does someone know the last year Kings won the 3rds comp
The official competition stopped for 50 years from 1962 to 2011 and restarted in 2012 with Grammar, TAS and High joining.
Kings probably won the 3rds in the intervening years between the official competitions but no records that I have access to.
Definitely the first time that they have won the shield in the last decade.
Cheers
INP

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
The official competition stopped for 50 years from 1962 to 2011 and restarted in 2012 with Grammar, TAS and High joining.
Kings probably won the 3rds in the intervening years between the official competitions but no records that I have access to.
Cheers
INP
Thanks so much for that INP

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Just heard through the grapevine that after a expectation exceeding season, young gun marshall lemaitre out of Shore in year 10 has just put pen to paper on a deal with the Canberra raiders and will be leaving shore immediatley once the term ends to relocate to the nations capital to prioritize and really focus in on his footy.
Hopefully, he doesn't ignore his school work. All you need is one crippling injury, and a promising career comes to an end.
By the way has been allocated a school, that will mange both his League and academic interests.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Cheers
INP
I can help you here mate

Joeys were undefeated 18 times.
Newington dropped out of the thirds in 2012 and TAS 1st XV replaced them
The original 3rd XV trophy went missing. Joeys last had it in 1961
They had to replace it in 2013 when TAS won.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
We need results please.

• 15As - S v E
  • 15Bs - N v I and S v E
  • 14Bs - N v I
  • 13As - N v I and S v E
  • 13Bs - S v E

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
I can help you here mate

Joeys were undefeated 18 times.
Newington dropped out of the thirds in 2012 and TAS 1st XV replaced them
The original 3rd XV trophy went missing. Joeys last had it in 1961
They had to replace it in 2013 when TAS won.
Thanks Joker I thought you would know that.

The unofficial 3rd XV results between 1961 and 2012 would be interesting indeed but I am not proposing to give you a new project!

Thanks Joker for your enthusiasm and good sense of humour on this forum this season.

Looking forward to participating next season.

Cheers
ItsNotPink

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Just heard through the grapevine that after a expectation exceeding season, young gun marshall lemaitre out of Shore in year 10 has just put pen to paper on a deal with the Canberra raiders and will be leaving shore immediatley once the term ends to relocate to the nations capital to prioritize and really focus in on his footy.
Note to young Marshall:

I'm not your father and I obviously don't know more about your circumstances other than this post by sg37. This is from someone who started boarding school in Sydney in 1965 and was introduced to the joys of rugby then. If I could offer you some advice it'd be this: your rugby league career might be successful for the next 15ish years. But, the friends you make and the experiences you go through as a young man and senior boy at Shore will stay with you for the rest of your life. Do your HSC at North Sydney in 2024 and then have a crack at a career in rugby league.

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
Note to young Marshall:

I'm not your father and I obviously don't know more about your circumstances other than this post by sg37. This is from someone who started boarding school in Sydney in 1965 and was introduced to the joys of rugby then. If I could offer you some advice it'd be this: your rugby league career might be successful for the next 15ish years. But, the friends you make and the experiences you go through as a young man and senior boy at Shore will stay with you for the rest of your life. Do your HSC at North Sydney in 2024 and then have a crack at a career in rugby league.
Good advice and to be honest, I don't know how true Sg37s claims are.

Sam Drape

Bob McCowan (2)
rip Shore. They just lost a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.