• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
The last year 9 student to play 1st XV was Joseph Sua’ali’i

the last underage year 10 student was Jesse mclean. So eligible for under 15s while in year 10.
True, I took the question to be asking last from Joeys where it is even more unusual due to the depth at the school.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
I love the rhetoric that they are correcting errors after letting them go in the first place, but wouldn't it make sense not to let the current ones leave and create the recurring cycle of having to overpay for the current school leavers in another 2/3 years time? That 1.6 mil would have easily been enough to keep Isaiya Katoa (Barker), Jesse Mclean (Newington) and Siteni Taukamo (Newington) with no doubt change left over. All 3 left GPS/CAS schools last year and went straight into top 30 full-time contracts at NRL clubs, representing the current junior union players we will more than likely be lamenting losing in a few years from now.
I totally agree … like I said at least they are making up for the initial errors… of course there is more work to go …

what I find hilarious is that leaguies in the media can’t stop with the tires narrative that rugby union has no junior talent … then next minute they can’t stop poaching our talent …

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
BD866AE8-01F5-4E35-B7FC-AE0C87E07536.jpeg

Can’t start the development of First Field soon enough. I get it will be spun as a spectacle but it’s only because they’ve let it wallow.

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys had an excellent hit out against a willing Marist Canberra team. First 25 mins was all Joeys who showed terrific ball control and disciplined defence for a team having their first hit out to skip out to a 24-0 lead. After Eamon Doyle went off with what seemed to be a very bad knee injury, things stuttered a bit and Marist, playing their fourth trial game, scored two tries just before half time to make it 24-12.

Joeys regained control in the second half and skipped out to a big lead again with some great counter attack before the Marist No. 12 scored a sensational 60m solo try. Lots of subs made by Joeys in the last 20mins as the game lost its fluency and the score finished 48-17.

The Joeys front row was excellent, with loose head Gordon Durie arguably the pick of the forwards. Justice Tomoepeau did not look out of place at the back of the scrum, and Ethan Hart also excelled in his first 1st XV outing in the back row.

I’m the backs, Patrick Broe at fullback was the pick, with centres Oscar Jorgensen and Ben Whyte having some good moments in attack and defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.