• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Extremely physical game at Stanmore. Hope Toby Rodwell (n.15) is alright. After being down 21-nil Newington come back to make the scores 24-26. Kings winger and New 15 chase for the ball and Kings winger shoulder charges the Newington full-back and closed the game.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Extremely physical game at Stanmore. Hope Toby Rodwell (n.15) is alright. After being down 21-nil Newington come back to make the scores 24-26. Kings winger and New 15 chase for the ball and Kings winger shoulder charges the Newington full-back and closed the game.
Echo sentiments that 15 is well. Sometimes it’s better to wait a while until the emotion subsides before posting. He got beaten to the ball in a fair contest for the ball. Fantastic second half by New and a great wake up call for Kings who continue to try and play pretty footy without doing the hard work first. Badly missed starting 10, forwards went to sleep, and backs were going sideways. However great day for TKS and big improvement from this time last year across the grades.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Echo sentiments that 15 is well. Sometimes it’s better to wait a while until the emotion subsides before posting. He got beaten to the ball in a fair contest for the ball.
Well done on twisting my words to make your comment shine. When did i ever say that wasn't a fair try? All I did was outline the events leading to Kings closing out the game.

Sometimes it's better to wait a while until the emotion subsides before posting.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Well done on twisting my words to make your comment shine. When did i ever say that wasn't a fair try? All I did was outline the events leading to Kings closing out the game.

Sometimes it's better to wait a while until the emotion subsides before posting.
Ok, however to be clear I disagree that there was any shoulder charge in case that wasn’t clear. That was your emotive comment. He was unfortunately injured in a fair contest. No twisting intended, move on.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
Riverview played amazing footy today.

Winger in yr 11 Tom Hartman scored three tries through great ball movement in the backs. Forwards also played very well, with a very well rounded performance as well as great defence towards the end.

View has great fitness and play as a team with No one trying to be a hero and they just play there game.

Amazing day for Riverview again with lots of wins throughout the age groups

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Ok, however to be clear I disagree that there was any shoulder charge in case that wasn’t clear. That was your emotive comment. He was unfortunately injured in a fair contest. No twisting intended, move on.
Fair enough. Kings were absolutely dominant in the first half in both defense and attack. Newington capitalized due to unstructured play in the 2nd half which Kings fought hard against in the 1st.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
View played expansive football and it paid off. They also excellently capitalised on Scots mistakes. Well done view. Still long season and New showed us the title is not in kings hands yet

phil smith

Bob McCowan (2)
Phil Smith official power rankings following todays fixtures.

1. SIC
2. TKS
3. NC
4. SJC
5. TSC
6. Shore

I'm aware it's a very long season but is it too early to say as is stand the top 2 teams are playing footy outside the scope of the other 4 GPS teams?
Coming into the season my bold prediction was View as a dark horse for GPS and it's certainly playing out that way.
I look forward to next rounds fixtures where SIC will venture out to TKS in a heavyweight clash, I assume Kings will be favourited but View have been underdogs every single week and continue to impress, as for the other fixtures it'll be interesting to see how joeys defend their home turf against newington, Scots will certainly be looking to bounce back against Shore who have momentum following their game against joeys.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting that Shore beat Joeys u16a 12-10 but the 16b score was about 30/40-0. Any other 16 scores?
Not really, Joeys 16a’s are down 9 starting players from last year. The ref also decided to end the game 8 minutes early with the Joeys boys hot on attack and ready to run over the top. They played a 17 minute second half on the smallest back field available. The return clash on 1 at HH will be one to watch.

phil smith

Bob McCowan (2)
Phil Smith official power rankings following todays fixtures.

1. SIC
2. TKS
3. NC
4. SJC
5. TSC
6. Shore

I'm aware it's a very long season but is it too early to say as is stand the top 2 teams are playing footy outside the scope of the other 4 GPS teams?
Coming into the season my bold prediction was View as a dark horse for GPS and it's certainly playing out that way.
I look forward to next rounds fixtures where SIC will venture out to TKS in a heavyweight clash, I assume Kings will be favourited but View have been underdogs every single week and continue to impress, as for the other fixtures it'll be interesting to see how joeys defend their home turf against newington, Scots will certainly be looking to bounce back against Shore who have momentum following their game against joeys.
Additional note for me 3-5 are certainly interchangeable.

Ian Macintosh

Frank Row (1)
T
Not really, Joeys 16a’s are down 9 starting players from last year. The ref also decided to end the game 8 minutes early with the Joeys boys hot on attack and ready to run over the top. They played a 17 minute second half on the smallest back field available. The return clash on 1 at HH will be one to watch.
Agreed the ref was not great but both ways and did blow match early. Not first half and not 8 mins. It’s not definite that Joeys had game. It was close. As you said 9 missing players- weakened side? Does anyone know other 16 results and age group results from Scot’s vs view and kings vs newington?

Status
Not open for further replies.