• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Riverview played amazing footy today.

Winger in yr 11 Tom Hartman scored three tries through great ball movement in the backs. Forwards also played very well, with a very well rounded performance as well as great defence towards the end.

View has great fitness and play as a team with No one trying to be a hero and they just play there game.

Amazing day for Riverview again with lots of wins throughout the age groups
Tom Hartman is a quality player and a great kid. Nice to hear he is doing well.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
What a cracking game and crowd.

A lovely surprise was getting an invite today to the after game function. While not getting the pie I wanted I was treated some great hospitality by the Shore Community. Caught up with some vintage Shore men who I have known since school. The boys from Shore and Joeys seemed both disappointed with the ending. I would have put house on the Shore 9 to kick the winning goal. Great atmosphere as always at Sterling Bridge. J. Travis would have loved it.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Having watched View, New, Joeys and Shore play this year, its clear that this GPS comp is wide open. Shore played with plenty of heart today and the finish caught players and supporters by surprise. Joeys were missing that sharp execution. This game could have gone either way. But as I said to Joker at half time, when was the last time Joeys had 2 draws in a row?? Little did I know I was predicting the result. Both sides had so many chances that went begging. That said Shore are a committed side. They play for each other. I can see Shore beating View, despite View winning two on the trot. Just like I can see New beating any side on their day. Kings are clearly favourites but really this season is wide open.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Picking straws, but he is on the farm & identical refers to the egg set up not how they look.
OK with the latter, but identical twins has a different meaning to that. He has a little place he bought himself in the southern highlands and runs a few sheep there, but prior to that he was in Sydney, he never went back to the farm at Gulargumbone, it was sold yonks ago.

kentwellcupchamp87

Stan Wickham (3)
Kentwell’s match report at Riverview:
Conditions were great on a firm pitch in Lane Cove. Views back line continue to impress. Their system of fast and furious footy as well as skill full kicking has been really working well for them. With that said, the cohesion between their backline and forward pack has contributed greatly to that system. Credit to the whole team for some excellent tackles again a big Scots team. Although Scots have good size, they lack in manoeuvrability and explosiveness. Scots only scored their tries off pick and drives as well as a maul which doesn’t win premierships! In fairness I believe they have some injuries. Overall riverview prove speed and fitness beat size. Have to agree with Phil smith, View are an exciting dark horse but will have to prove themselves again a strong kings side.

Last edited:

Ian Macintosh

Frank Row (1)
I thought the tries were kick and chase. Was close to the field and did not think they were forward. He did not blow many penalties- probably like 3 in game. This is an issue. He was out of depth but I don’t think he was bias though. The time issue well that was weird.

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
Another fascinating round. The draw is kind to us next week with View-Kings, Scots-Shore, Joeys-New. All probably balanced off nicely as to where they are all travelling this comp so far.

Well done to Shore. Their defence was exceptional and their biggest change since last week. Both goalkickers were absolutely exceptional.

Joeys are very lucky to have Hwi Sharples, if there is a better all-round player in the comp right now I can’t wait to see them play.

This 10- round comp is fascinating. Joeys without both Doyle and Jorgensen are not the same team. They are their main line benders and one of them the main lineout jumper. A big ask to be in touch with the leaders by the time their both back next term. Add to that Pat Young has a pec injury that might be long term as well.

On the upside, Joeys will be looking forward to a home game after 5 weeks on the road. Putting it as nicely as I can- discipline is definitely an issue but the one sided away penalty counts but to think the home team conceded only one penalty at the tackle and the breakdown is not the way it seemed both live and now having watched the replay. Next week New will be absolutely desperate after two losses so it will be very interesting.

The View-Kings match of the round will be a great indicator to see if anyone can take competition points off Kings this year.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
T

Agreed the ref was not great but both ways and did blow match early. Not first half and not 8 mins. It’s not definite that Joeys had game. It was close. As you said 9 missing players- weakened side? Does anyone know other 16 results and age group results from Scot’s vs view and kings vs newington?
View vs Scots 16A’s 26-0 View

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Great game Joeys vs Shore. I believe the new scum of our game is the clock…
Scum? Talk like that makes some tremble in anger.

13841.gif

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Kings lucky to escape with a win, definitely are the better team but got very complacent.

was disappointing to see both newo and kings make noise during the kicks something which is not accepted in the gps community as one of the “unwritten rules”

overall Though a great day for kings, winning all the games on johnsons oval. 15As 16As 5ths 4ths 3rds 2nds and 1sts

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Kings lucky to escape with a win, definitely are the better team but got very complacent.

was disappointing to see both newo and kings make noise during the kicks something which is not accepted in the gps community as one of the “unwritten rules”

overall Though a great day for kings, winning all the games on johnsons oval. 15As 16As 5ths 4ths 3rds 2nds and 1sts

While we are it!!!

1684573856860.png

13A/13B
14A/14B
15A/15B
16A/16B

The team of hard working statisticians are standing by.

1sts and 2nds we have covered.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1684574292981.png

This is the last play of the game which people are talking about.

Shore supporters say the Joeys boy deliberately knocked down the ball, hence a penalty.
The players did hear the the call "last play" so the Shore players thought they had won a penalty (as did I)
Confusion from everyone except the touch judge

But....

The video shows the Joeys boy was making a tackle and his forearm knocked the ball down and not the hand.
The ref checked with the touchie who said it was a knock on and not a knock down.

1684574455242.png

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
View attachment 16093

This is the last play of the game which people are talking about.

Shore supporters say the Joeys boy deliberately knocked down the ball, hence a penalty.
The players did hear the the call "last play" so the Shore players thought they had won a penalty (as did I)
Confusion from everyone except the touch judge

But....

The video shows the Joeys boy was making a tackle and his forearm knocked the ball down and not the hand.
The ref checked with the touchie who said it was a knock on and not a knock down.

View attachment 16094
Share the video instead of stills so we can make up our own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.