• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys 1st XV vs Knox
1. Gordon Durie (Yr 12)
2. Bill Smith (12)
3. James Winter (12)
4. Joe Mangelsdorf (12)
5. Arthur Greer (11)
6. Will Bensley (12)
7. Pat Young (12)
8. Justice Taumoepeau (10)
9. Hwi Sharples (12)
10. Jonty Fowler (11)
11. Caleb Murphy (12)
12. Oscar Jorgensen (12)
13. Matt Gough (10)
14. Ben Chick (12)
15. Patrick Broe (12)

Following the recent camp in Tamworth, the backs see youngsters Jonty Fowler and Matt Gough from the 16A’s get their chance to impress with an experience Year 12 cohort around them. With Ben Whyte, Ben Playford, Hunter Fogarty, Declan Minto either injured or in 2nds this week, some good backline depth is developing.

The forwards see the return of captain Pat Young, with the remainder largely unchanged. Returns to play are expected from Henry Siegmeier and Charlie O’Kane this weekend or next. Eamon Doyle’s knee surgery was initially season ending but has since revised to play again in term 3, possibly sooner. Similarly, the forward depth is also beginning to build. With only two trials this year, everyone will be venturing into new territory come Round 1 in two weeks from now.

Morning, @Joker

My Tips for the trial games tomorrow are:
Riverview +14
Joeys +18
Shore + 10
Kings + 36
Scots + 24
Newington +5

I believe this tipping competition, like many others, should have a prize for the winner with the most correct tips and lowest margin after the season. Joker as the host do you have any ideas on what this could be?

The Import

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I believe this tipping competition, like many others, should have a prize for the winner with the most correct tips and lowest margin after the season. Joker as the host do you have any ideas on what this could be?
Very good point.

Last season was the inaugural tipping comp created by me to make people put their predictions to the test. It was dominated early by KOB1987 who led pretty much all season and the LovetoScrum and yours truly had two weeks of wins and margins go our way and we stole the chocolates late. Never say, "oh well I have bombed out." This will be a long season across all comp games and even rep games so by the end of tthe season (if you start now) you would have had at a minimum 15 rounds to tip on.

In regards to an actual prize...mmmmm

Maybe we can ask the webmaster to add below your G&G ranking the words "2023 AAGPS tips winner"

Or

I could buy lunch for the winner and they will get to meet the mysterious Joker.

1DxK.gif

Thoughts anyone?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tips close tonight (late entries accepted till 9am Saturday if required)
After that you will be given away teams with no margin spread.

Open to all. We still have plenty of places left.
Get on board

TIPs 2023- Trial 1.jpg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
My tips:

Barker by 15
Joeys by 25
Oakhill by 8
King's by 11
Scots by 35
Newington by 6

Last edited:

Rookie21

Herbert Moran (7)
Ralene, Kentwell Cup, propsarespeedy, Rookie21, Backintheolddays, Goosestep, Subbie

View attachment 15769

Plenty of room left on the tipping board for more.
Tipping comp closes entries on FRIDAY 12 May 2023
Get in now!
Hey Joker I submitted my tips a few days ago but here they are anyway. Barker 12+, Joeys 14+, Shore 15+, Kings 30+, Scots 25+, Newington 14+

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hey Joker I submitted my tips a few days ago but here they are anyway. Barker 12+, Joeys 14+, Shore 15+, Kings 30+, Scots 25+, Newington 14+
Apologies Rookie
It gets busy with tips coming in and there are times I do miss them.
Need to get a better system but this is keeping me busy.
All entered.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Are we expecting this to be a smashing or a close match?
Kings have quite a few players resting this week, it also looks to be a week in which changes have been made to give the 2nds boys a crack in firsts.

players like watts, levy and wait will be playing ones. With the likes of smith and miln playing in 2nds.

from my understanding captain Fakafunu is being rested alongside ashdown and tonga.

this game could look to be closer then expected though the eastwood side has quite a few handy players.

my tip would be kings anywhere 12-20+ margin. Eastwods 13,2,4 and 5 are key players to watch.

joeys old boys and kings staff member Daniel smith will be coaching this lineup. Still a teacher and parents at kings of both the 2nd and 3rd xv halfbacks this week.

I’m sure this game has been setup with a plan to benifit kings in the long run of the season.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Kings have quite a few players resting this week, it also looks to be a week in which changes have been made to give the 2nds boys a crack in firsts.

players like watts, levy and wait will be playing ones. With the likes of smith and miln playing in 2nds.

from my understanding captain Fakafunu is being rested alongside ashdown and tonga.

this game could look to be closer then expected though the eastwood side has quite a few handy players.

my tip would be kings anywhere 12-20+ margin. Eastwods 13,2,4 and 5 are key players to watch.

joeys old boys and kings staff member Daniel smith will be coaching this lineup. Still a teacher and parents at kings of both the 2nd and 3rd xv halfbacks this week.

I’m sure this game has been setup with a plan to benifit kings in the long run of the season.
Kings really have nothing to lose on this . Playing a team that no one knows the opposition so if they win by plenty Kings are on fire. Kings lose then we gave a lot of our seconds a run. Bit of a nice smoky trial to be honest

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Kings really have nothing to lose on this . Playing a team that no one knows the opposition so if they win by plenty Kings are on fire. Kings lose then we gave a lot of our seconds a run. Bit of a nice smoky trial to be honest
Shadow boxing really isn’t a great strategy at this point. I would be testing combos not resting players. That’s just me, Given Smith has been associated with 2 Blues forever I wonder why he is coaching an adhoc Eastwood team? Curious.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Shadow boxing really isn’t a great strategy at this point. I would be testing combos not resting players. That’s just me, Given Smith has been associated with 2 Blues forever I wonder why he is coaching an adhoc Eastwood team? Curious.
Don’t believe there’s any ulterior motives but state champs coming up June long weekend. An opportunity for Kings to play a different opposition and the Eastwood U/18’s who’ve never played a game together to have a run.
Kings down to Southern Districts straight after for colts doesn’t tickle my funny bone to much though

Status
Not open for further replies.