• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Trial 2

Kings 3rd XV v Scots 3rd XV
What a great trial this will be and match of the round for mine, with the defending co-premiers opening their trial season against a strong Scots outfit. Should be a close contest at North Parramatta.

Kinross 1st XV v Grammar 1st XV
Following their big win over TAS last week, Kinross will be looking to make it two from two in their trials against the GPS teams. The Grammar 1st XV suffered a narrow loss to Aloysius last Saturday and will be wanting to rebound from that result.

Knox 3rd XV v Shore 3rd XV
Shore's good 19-7 win over Oakhill 3rd XV last week positions them well for this match against the Knox 3rd XV who lost 10-20 to Joeys 5th XV last Saturday. I would expect Shore to extend their winning streak in this trial.

Riverview 3rd XV v Waverley 2nd XV
This is an intriguing match up at Lane Cove after Waverley 2nds lost a close contest with Newington and Riverview 3rds had an easy win over Barker last week. Riverview 2nds are playing St Greg's 1st XV so that opens up the field a bit for this contest. I might even stroll down to have a look if I am allowed into Riverview.

Joeys 3rd XV v Oakhill 2nd XV
Joeys 3rds face another solid challenge this week against Oakhill 2nds who lost 5-17 to Shore 2nds last week. Joeys are coming off their close match against St Greg's 1st XV and these tough trials will see them well prepared to start the GPS comp in a few weeks time.

Newington 3rd XV v High 1st XV
The revitalised Sydney Boys High 1st XV has another chance to lodge an early season victory in this match but this is a strong Newington 3rd XV that had no trouble disposing of Waverley last week. This match will be a good barometer for how High could go this year. Sadly, Newington 3rd XV are not in the GPS 3rd XV comp so they will want to notch a few wins in the trials.

It appears that TAS 1st XV has a bye this week but TAS supporters may be able to provide an update.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

INP

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
3rd XV Trial 2
What a great trial this will be and match of the round for mine, with the defending co-premiers opening their trial season against a strong Scots outfit. Should be a close contest at North Parramatta.

Following their big win over TAS last week, Kinross will be looking to make it two from two in their trials against the GPS teams. The Grammar 1st XV suffered a narrow loss to Aloysius last Saturday and will be wanting to rebound from that result.

Shore's good 19-7 win over Oakhill 3rd XV last week positions them well for this match against the Knox 3rd XV who lost 10-20 to Joeys 5th XV last Saturday. I would expect Shore to extend their winning streak in this trial.

This is an intriguing match up at Lane Cove after Waverley 2nds lost a close contest with Newington and Riverview 3rds had an easy win over Barker last week. Riverview 2nds are playing St Greg's 1st XV so that opens up the field a bit for this contest. I might even stroll down to have a look if I am allowed into Riverview.

Joeys 3rds face another solid challenge this week against Oakhill 2nds who lost 5-17 to Shore 2nds last week. Joeys are coming off their close match against St Greg's 1st XV and these tough trials will see them well prepared to start the GPS comp in a few weeks time.

The revitalised Sydney Boys High 1st XV has another chance to lodge an early season victory in this match but this is a strong Newington 3rd XV that had no trouble disposing of Waverley last week. This match will be a good barometer for how High could go this year. Sadly, Newington 3rd XV are not in the GPS 3rd XV comp so they will want to notch a few wins in the trials.

It appears that TAS 1st XV has a bye this week but TAS supporters may be able to provide an update.

INP
INP

With TAS my understanding is they are also affiliated with the New England Junior RU and this association plus the Central North Junior competition join up on Friday nights to play.

This Friday TAS 1sts travels to Inverell for a 6pm game.

If they are in Sydney on a Saturday for a GPS 3rds game, they arrange to play a midweek game in this local competition.

For example they play Farrer Agricultural School on Tuesday 16th at 6pm.

I’m not from that region so don’t quote me but I believe that’s roughly how it rolls.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
3rd XV Trial 2

INP
788CD535-78A3-4E3F-9A14-57C19BA14689.jpeg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Should the tipping comp only matter for GPS matches not trials?
Good point. I think two weeks does allow for people to get the hang of it. Even if you don't put tips in for these two trial games you can still come away with some points. Realistically this weekend if you don't tip you could still get 9/12 points if the away teams win. So, up to you if you want keep your tips till the comp proper, but know that you may get points if you don't this weekend. C'mon.....you would have tipped Scots, Joeys and Barker.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Good point. I think two weeks does allow for people to get the hang of it. Even if you don't put tips in for these two trial games you can still come away with some points. Realistically this weekend if you don't tip you could still get 9/12 points if the away teams win. So, up to you if you want keep your tips till the comp proper, but know that you may get points if you don't this weekend. C'mon.....you would have tipped Scots, Joeys and Barker.
Hush J, You mentioned the B word!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Nothing sinister just that Joeys had two trial games at home last year (Knox and Barker). This year we play away. It is just a shame the 2nds can't play with the 1st XV at Castle Hill but putting up Joeys 2nds v Oakhill 2nds would be a massive mismatch. This is why Joeys chose Augustines game as this will be a much tighter game....should be.

BTW....if you pop over to the CAS thread they are hard at work digging a hole. That is discussing "the word that shall never be spoken".
Stay away from this topic as you may feel the wrath of Cyclopath

View attachment 15860
Completely agree. The word that shall not be spoken is getting to much airplay on the CAS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.