• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Ran into him couple of years ago at a pub - terrific bloke to have a drink with and he had some great stories to tell. Still looks bloody fit!
Same goes with Stu Pinkerton TSC 87 - he's now the GM at the Wildfires.
Warwick Waugh was another from TSC similar vinatge.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Not a bad 1981 Scots 1st XV, one Tim Gavin was relegated to second row so Colin Scotts was no 8
Hey there @Balmain Subbies (and those who have asked about the 1981 SJC v TSC match)

A friend sent me the link to the Joeys 2023 season launch video.
It does show a grainy video of the 1981 game finish.
I have not seen this for years and when I did it was in bad shape.
Joeys have only recently be having their old VHS tapes digitized and restored.
Click below and the video will start at this historic moment (and you will not have to wait 6 minutes....)

The rest of the video uses footage from across time, many 2018 video shots. Seem to be an emphasis on Scots/View and Newington games.
Worth a look anyway.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Scots have had some big lads in the program over the years.

Must be the special milkshakes and "protein enriched" chicken burgers from Plumer Road.

View attachment 15999

Mmmmmm.....good chicken
Can confirm the Plumer Road Chicken Shop was particularly busy with the boys from Kirkland House in the 90's - particularly when we saw what was being served up for dinner that night. Was common to run into NSW & Wallabies players from ESDRUFC at the same place.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Hey there @Balmain Subbies (and those who have asked about the 1981 SJC v TSC match)

A friend sent me the link to the Joeys 2023 season launch video.
It does show a grainy video of the 1981 game finish.
I have not seen this for years and when I did it was in bad shape.
Joeys have only recently be having their old VHS tapes digitized and restored.
Click below and the video will start at this historic moment (and you will not have to wait 6 minutes....)

The rest of the video uses footage from across time, many 2018 video shots. Seem to be an emphasis on Scots/View and Newington games.
Worth a look anyway.

Not a Joeys boy but that is pretty cool.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hows the new "scottish castle' building coming along?
All is not well with the new Death Star.
It is now 18 months overdue. A very trusted word I have from a friendly staff member is that the College is struggling to find the finances.

1684276826331.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
INP

Confirming that Kings 3rds are playing St Pats 1sts at Breen Oval at 11am (allowing time to back up for the 2nds at New)

Grammar 1sts plays St Pats 2nds at Weigall 1 at 12 noon
This is an good game.

I expect St Pats to win this. They have some quality players and have been having good games so far. No doubt the Kings boys will rise to it and make it a fight.

Bad prediction:
Pats 25 d Kings 14

@Joker
Kings +14
View +4
Joeys +12

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
INP

Confirming that Kings 3rds are playing St Pats 1sts at Breen Oval at 11am (allowing time to back up for the 2nds at New)

Grammar 1sts plays St Pats 2nds at Weigall 1 at 12 noon
Thanks very much Rudderless. I thought they might be splitting that way. I will include in my match preview.
Regards
INP

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Yep, the thirds will also take around 3 boys from the 4ths to be “injury subs” if something were to happen. These boys will make the 20 minute drive straifht after the game to go play newo 3rds.

INP will you be doing a review on newo 3rds vs kings 4ths this week ? If not I’ll be in attendance and could help with this.
Thanks very much RnB. If it's not on Cluch then I will not see it live - I expect to be at Northbridge for Shore v Joeys.
Greatly appreciate any report that you have on the Newington v Kings match.
Reporting will be much easier when the 3rds comp starts with all Sydney based games hopefully on Cluch.
Cheers
INP

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
All is not well with the new Death Star.
It is now 18 months overdue. A very trusted word I have from a friendly staff member is that the College is struggling to find the finances.
Could be Covid delays as well? Price of materials gone thru the roof.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With the chat about SGS rugby dominance pre 1970s? What happened? I think there may still be hope in seeing them re enter the 1st XV Comp. As opposed to SHS, which sadly probably willl never return their previous glory days.

Maybe an Old High Boy becomes the head of the DOE and gives SHS a special exemption.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
With the chat about SGS rugby dominance pre 1970s? What happened?
SGS last won 1st XV premierships in 1966 and 1967
Their years of dominance was 1897 to 1899 (3 in a row), 1919 to 1922 (four in a row) and 1924 and 1929.
1919 they won a Golden Triple Crown (undefeated in 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV)

Premierships 1(1).jpg

Sydney Area weather report for today while the mighty BLUE and WHITE ARMY hit the grounds running this afternoon at Northbrige​

Partly cloudy. High chance of showers along the coastal fringe, decreasing to a slight chance about the western suburbs. Winds south to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.

Chance of any rain: 70%

Max 18 degrees with a slight Shower or two.

yours sincerely ben whatley ( BALLS )

Status
Not open for further replies.