• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
Found this report in the archives...

Player Report: Marcus Younes

Introduction: Marcus Younes is an exceptional rugby player known for his skill, versatility, and contribution to the game.

Player Background: Younes was born on Feb 3rd, 2006 in Lakemba. He has been actively involved in rugby from a young age and have steadily progressed through various levels of the sport. Younes gained prominence in his local club before earning recognition at the regional and national levels. Younes' dedication, hard work, and exceptional talent have helped him become a key player in him team.

Position and Playing Style: Younes primarily plays as a prop, although he possess the versatility to excel in multiple positions. His preferred position highlights his specific skill set and natural abilities. Younes' playing style is characterised by a unique blend of power, agility, and technical prowess. He consistently display a deep understanding of the game, making intelligent decisions and executing strategies effectively.

Strengths:
  1. Exceptional Physicality: Younes possesses remarkable physical attributes, including strength, speed, and endurance. His physical prowess enables him to dominate in contact situations, break tackles, and gain ground effectively.
  2. Skillful Ball Handling: Younes demonstrates excellent ball-handling skills, displaying accuracy and precision in passing and offloading. He have the ability to distribute the ball effectively and create opportunities for his teammates.
  3. Strategic Decision Making: Marcus has a high rugby IQ, allowing him to make quick and intelligent decisions on the field. He possess a keen understanding of the game's dynamics, often choosing the right options and adapting to changing circumstances.
  4. Defensive Proficiency: He is a formidable defender, known for their solid tackling technique and ability to read the opposition's moves. Younes contribute significantly to the team's defensive efforts and often disrupt the opposition's attacking plays.
  5. Leadership Qualities: Younes demonstrates strong leadership qualities, both on and off the field. He lead by example, motivating his teammates, and taking charge during critical moments of the game.
Weaknesses:
  1. Kicking Accuracy: While Younes possesses numerous strengths, his kicking accuracy may require improvement. Enhancing his kicking skills would provide an additional dimension to his game and increase his tactical options.
  2. Disciplinary Concerns: At times, Younes has exhibited a tendency to engage in aggressive play, leading to disciplinary issues. It is essential for him to maintain composure and discipline on the field to avoid penalties or suspensions.
Key Performance Metrics:
  1. Average Carries per Game: Younes consistently makes significant ground gains, averaging 73 carries per game.
  2. Tackling Efficiency: Younes boasts an impressive tackle success rate of 91%, making them a reliable defender.
  3. Try/Assist Contributions: Younes actively contributes to their team's scoring, with an average of 5 tries or assists per game.
  4. Offloads: Younes demonstrates excellent offloading skills, creating opportunities for their teammates. He averages 12 offloads per game.
Impact on the Team: Younes has a substantial impact on his team's performance. His presence on the field instills confidence in his teammates and raises the overall level of play. Younes often act as a catalyst for his team's attacking moves, effectively orchestrating plays and creating scoring opportunities. Defensively, Younes is a reliable force, contributing to the team's structure and often inspiring his teammates with his tenacity.
Wow!!
What and extensive player report, where are you getting this information from.
I'd love to read one on Marshal Le Maitre , James Warner and Henry Conick!!

Regards
The Maulester.

Wow!!
What and extensive player report, where are you getting this information from.
I'd love to read one on Marshal Le Maitre , James Warner and Henry Conick!!

Regards
The Maulester.
The King's school provides extensive reports on each player that passes through the program...one of the many ways in which King's is superior

meatpieenthusiast60

Frank Row (1)
Are there any upsets to occur this weekend as it seems to be the round of the year so far. Thoughts?
Not sure if you would consider this one an upset, although I believe Riverview have a real chance to give a crack at TKS. Arrogance during the game seems to be a bit of a trend for the Kings boys and could prove to be a bit of an issue against a fair and composed side like the view boys.

On a more particular note, The centre combo for Kings might find themselves in a bit of a predicament if they bring this same kind of attitude whilst running the ball at Riverview inside centre (Will Hayes). A true monster on defence.

JoeysBoy1982

Bob McCowan (2)
Marcus Younes is quite the force to be reckoned with. I have fond memories watching him score a game winning try for the 16As last year against Joeys, although upset that my Joeys boys couldn't get the job done, I was extremely impressed by the tenacity and fire displayed by Marcus. Would love to see him in the Pink and Blue.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Marcus Younes is quite the force to be reckoned with. I have fond memories watching him score a game winning try for the 16As last year against Joeys, although upset that my Joeys boys couldn't get the job done, I was extremely impressed by the tenacity and fire displayed by Marcus. Would love to see him in the Pink and Blue.
@ItsNotPink - this guy @JoeysBoy1982 is obviously an impostor, imagine mistaking cerise for pink. I bet he couldn't even find the front door of Jack's at 4.30pm on a home game Saturday.

JoeysBoy1982

Bob McCowan (2)
I did happen to have a chat with a Kings parent at a recent game, we discussed Marcus' ability, along with his training regime. Apparently Mitchell Moses, former Lebanese Cedars Captain, and current Parramatta Eels star, attended a game or two, a few years ago. It was said that he wasn't only scouting current NRL stars, Joseph Sua'li'i and Will Penisini, but rather was watching Marcus Younes in the lower grades, potentially looking for a replacement for Ryan Matterson when he moves on from the Cedars.

It has been up in the air whether Marcus will pursue Rugby League or Union, hopefully he makes the smart decision and doesn't go to the unsophisticated 13-a-side game. Whatever he does, he has a bright future, we should all watch closely.

TheRuckRomper

Frank Row (1)
The blue and white army could be in for a rude awakening this weekend. Star prop Oliver Ferguson, copped a brutal scrape to the vag last week and could be out for a while. We hope the big fella gets well soon. Go Shore

BridgeBoy55

Frank Row (1)
Aiden Gow, a talented rugby player, has been making waves at Scots College as a member of the second team, playing on the wing. Known for his impressive strength, exceptional speed, and ability to score remarkable tries, Gow has become a standout player in the school's rugby program. One of the most notable attributes of Gow is his exceptional strength, which allows him to break tackles and power through opponents. Standing tall and boasting an imposing physique, Gow's sheer power gives him a distinct advantage on the field, enabling him to create space for himself and his teammates. Moreover, his exceptional speed complements his strength, making him a potent weapon in counterattacks and on the wing, where his acceleration and agility often leave defenders trailing in his wake.Throughout the current rugby season, Gow has consistently demonstrated his exceptional scoring ability. His natural talent for finding gaps in the defense and his blistering pace have resulted in some truly brilliant tries. Whether it's weaving through a cluster of defenders or streaking down the sideline, his ability to read the game and exploit opportunities has made him a crucial asset to the team.
Yes such a talent! cant wait to see him TEAR up.

BridgeBoy55

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Please help
We are still awaiting 3 results from Round 2:
  • 16Bs - N v K
  • 15Bs - N v K
  • 14Bs - E v J
Please let us know so the tables can be published.

mr_pilfer

Frank Row (1)
Big call up this weekend for scots 2nds , Footy Footington ( N8 and N3 ) . After starting in the 5ths , which is disgusting as he played for brumbies u16 team also making the national championship team of the week in round 4. He has gotten the well deserved call to the seconds after destroying riverview thirds as he put on big goose steps and big carries that in the end, kept them in the game. Remember the name, Footy Footington
Heard he played 5ths to start the season. Very impressive from Harry and I cant wait to see him play against Shore.

Mr Pilfer

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Big call up this weekend for scots 2nds , Footy Footington ( N8 and N3 ) . After starting in the 5ths , which is disgusting as he played for brumbies u16 team also making the national championship team of the week in round 4. He has gotten the well deserved call to the seconds after destroying riverview thirds as he put on big goose steps and big carries that in the end, kept them in the game. Remember the name, Footy Footington
I have only heard great things about Harry Harrington. He is a big unit and a great recruit that is a great asset to the Scots College for the next two seasons.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
what position does he play?

Status
Not open for further replies.