• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes, and 127kg, 190cm ball running tight heads don't grow on trees.
I believe he went on a church mission after school before going to Japan so may have dropped off the radar.
Given dearth of Front Row talent suspect he should be on DC or Eddie's radar.

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes it did but this is schoolboy rugby and it should be played at schoolboys. Joeys crowds each weekend often beat Tah's attendance recently
Honestly, I find schoolboy rugby games much more enjoyable than Super Rugby Games. Better free-flowing rugby. Better crowds. Better rivalry and an overall better atmosphere. I agree @Joker, schoolboy rugby games should remain at their respective colleges.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
It’s a shame that this is the case, completely ruins the experience for the View year 12s. No Year 12s have seen a GPS Joeys home game since 2018 (when they were in Year 7).
There was the home trial that View won in a close contest. It was the abandoned Covid season and View like to think of themselves as premiers for that year.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
I choose not be there.

It may surprise you but I strongly support the View yr 12 players who are denied playing Joeys in their traditional swamp.

The 8th wonder in the world helps no school in particular and is only being used to keep the old boy reunions in check. I find the atmosphere to be un-rugby like suitable for the occasion it is. #letthemplay

View attachment 16151
Thanks joker this photo brings back great memories.

Riverview vs Joeys 2011: View 26 - joeys 22

I do recall the view forward pack being stacked that year with jack Dempsey (14 wallabies caps) and Micheal Wells (currently at the western force)

zestofthewest

Frank Row (1)
I'm gonna need a confirmation on this, but word has it Finnlay Bartlett returned to light training this afternoon, only to re-injure himself further. Great young talent but overconfidence may be the downfall of the youngster. Last I heard was +18 months out after this unfortunate re-occurence.

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
There was the home trial that View won in a close contest. It was the abandoned Covid season and View like to think of themselves as premiers for that year.
No. 9, 10, and 12 of OR2021 (that team) are currently in Junior Wallabies camp, the team is captained by Teddy Wilson old Kings boy.

All GPS old boys selected in this team are as follows.
Forwards:
- Jack Barrett
- Jamie Clark
- Ollie McCrae
- Jayden Viliamu

Backs:
- Jack Bowen
- Henry O'Donnell
- Teddy Wilson
- Max Jorgenson
- Dan Nelson (late call-up, the person ahead of him missed his flight because he was hungover!)

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Does anyone know what is going on with New? They have a side of experienced rep players with Rodwell, Ata, McLean and the Cleverly brothers, strong wins against Knox and Waves but just can’t seem to get it together. At this rate they may be last in the comp
Also concerning are the results not only for the 1st XV but the 2nd XV, 16A, 15A, 14A and 13A’s.

Hopefully the boys from Stanmore can turn things around this weekend against the boys from HH.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
No. 9, 10, and 12 of OR2021 (that team) are currently in Junior Wallabies camp, the team is captained by Teddy Wilson old Kings boy.

Forwards:
- Jack Barrett
- Jamie Clark
- Ollie McCrae
- Jayden Viliamu

Backs:
- Jack Bowen
- Henry O'Donnell
- Teddy Wilson
- Max Jorgenson
- Dan Nelson (late call-up, the person ahead of him missed his flight because he was hungover!)
Klayton Thorn? On the cans after his Brumbies debut?

BruiserCruiser

Frank Row (1)
I'm gonna need a confirmation on this, but word has it Finnlay Bartlett returned to light training this afternoon, only to re-injure himself further. Great young talent but overconfidence may be the downfall of the youngster. Last I heard was +18 months out after this unfortunate re-occurence.
it seems (from these reports at least) that a few school's struggling with injuries early? Again brings me to question the strength of the lower grades (2s, 3s, 16As) in the coming weeks, especially for Scot's, but also if reports are true King's as well?? If anyone has any updates they'd be appreciated.

Bruise.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)

Forwards:
- Jack Barrett
- Jamie Clark
- Ollie McCrae
- Jayden Viliamu

Backs:
- Jack Bowen
- Henry O'Donnell
- Teddy Wilson
- Max Jorgenson
Ronan Leahy????

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
I too have seen this Serpents team, they popped up on my Instagram feed just the other day doing their team song, “Oh When The Serps”, I just had to chuck them a follow!

Great to see these boys having some fun and playing great footy at the same time. No doubt you should all have a gander! I believe their username is TheKingSerpents on Instagram. They’ve just posted their weekly “Wallpaper Wednesday”, love to see this culture and mateship, in a time when it is so forgotten!

Cheers,
UnionLover1975
I think these young lads are the quintessential schoolboy year 12 team- absolute limited talent, threatened with expulsion from the year of rugby for bringing back the biff (none of them can actually throw a punch mind you) but going out and having a great team. Well done serpents and all the other social rugby teams just playing for fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.