• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
I wonder who will take that 10 jersey? From my understanding both Scots and View 10s have been the most impressive so far.
Joe Dillon is light years ahead. Watched him play last week for the first time. Great kicking game, defends well, great pass but also takes on the line in attack so keeps the opposition backline guessing, was very impressed with him. If I was a super rugby franchise I would snap him up in a heart beat.

Morning all,

If I had to take a stab at the 1st XV GPS Team I would say it is still very much in the air.
But, I'd say these boys are the most likely to make it.

(Injured/suspended players will also be counted in my selection)
In School Order -

GPS 1st XV POSSIBLES/PROBABLES

1 - H.Grover (VIEW) / E.Langi (KINGS) / L.Ata (NEW)

2 - B.Park (KINGS) / L.Ata (NEW)

3 - F.Baxter (SHORE) / N.Tiitii (KINGS) / E.Langi (KINGS)

4 - J.Manglesdorf (JOEYS) / B.Hansen (SCOTS) / J.Veiru (NEW)

5 - A.Greer (JOEYS) / E.Baxter (SHORE) / B.Hansen (SCOTS)

6 - P.Young (JOEYS) / M.Le Maitre (SHORE) / A.Durbidge (KINGS)

7 - P.Young (JOEYS) / M.Le Maitre (SHORE) / A.Durbidge (KINGS)

8 - L.Sullivan (VIEW) / J.Taumoepeau (JOEYS) / T.Brial (SCOTS) / J.Va'alotu (NEW)

9 - H.Sharples (JOEYS)

10 - J.Dillon (VIEW) / B.Fakafanua (KINGS) / H.James (SCOTS)

11 - H.Tonga (KINGS)

12 - W.Hayes (VIEW) / T.Lokeni (KINGS) / Z.Fittler (SCOTS) / M.Cleverly (NEW)

13 - L.Grover (VIEW) / T.Watts (KINGS) / L.Jaques (SCOTS) / C.Mclean (NEW)

14 - T.Hartman (VIEW) / A.Ramraj (KINGS) / T.McEwan (NEW)

15 - P.Broe (JOEYS) / T.Klem (SHORE) / T.Rodwell (NEW)

As I said at the start that these selections are still very much in the air and anything can happen. But these are just some of the team's predictions towards a possible/probables GPS 1st XV team.

The Import.

William McIlrath

Bob McCowan (2)
I have just heard from my nephew at shore (I think of him as a niece given he plays 14 though besides the point) that apparently Angus Sinclar the 1st coach was a previous coach of this current aloys year group in the 16s(this may be incorrect). I find this quite interesting that he didn't follow through with them, though as he tells me Angus wasn't quite the biggest fan, not showing up to games etc.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
Morning all,

If I had to take a stab at the 1st XV GPS Team I would say it is still very much in the air.

In School Order -

8 - L.Sullivan (VIEW) / J.Taumoepeau (JOEYS) / T.Brial (SCOTS) / J.Va'alotu (NEW)

9 - H.Sharples (JOEYS)

11 - H.Tonga (KINGS)

I think View's number 7, Benji Noble definitely has to be considered in the GPS 1's team. Through the 4 View games I have watched he has worked harder than any other player on View. His incredible tackling and Ball running for his size is insane as well as his Ruck skills in both defence and attack. He is also a main part of Views set plays and is incredibly fit.

I also think, with current form that Views number 9, Henry Curl has to be considered. He has been dominant for View with his consistent pills and great game IQ. Although I do believe Hwi is on another level, form has to be considered, does it not?.

All in all, I think it will be a very tight race for many of these spots.

Last edited:

SDisciple

Frank Row (1)
Why has nobody talked about the inflated prices of Bacon and Egg rolls and milkshakes at Newington, it’s honestly a joke. I’m sure Joker would agree.

Cheers
There could be several reasons why people may not be talking about the inflated prices of bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes at Newington. Let's consider some arguments against the notion that these prices are a joke:

1. Market Factors: Pricing of food items is influenced by various market factors, such as the cost of ingredients, labor, overhead expenses, and market demand. If the prices of bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes are higher in Newington, it could be due to factors like increased costs of production, transportation, or rent in that particular area.
  2. Quality and Ingredients: It's possible that the higher prices reflect the quality of the food being offered. If the bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes are made with high-quality ingredients, locally sourced products, or prepared using special techniques, it can justify the increased prices. Sometimes, premium ingredients and specialized recipes can contribute to higher costs.
  3. Customization and Variety: If the establishment offers a wide range of options for customization or provides unique flavors or toppings for their bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes, it could justify the higher prices. Providing a diverse menu and catering to individual preferences often comes with additional costs, which can be reflected in the pricing.
  4. Location and Rent: The cost of operating a business can vary significantly depending on the location. If the establishment is situated in a high-rent area, they may need to set higher prices to cover their expenses and maintain profitability. The price of food items may also reflect the overall cost of doing business in the area, including wages and local taxes.
  5. Branding and Reputation: If the establishment has built a strong brand and has a reputation for quality or unique offerings, they may be able to charge higher prices. Customers who value the brand or appreciate the experience associated with the establishment may be willing to pay a premium for their products.
It's important to consider these factors before concluding that the prices are unjustifiably inflated. While it's understandable to have concerns about the cost of food, it's worth examining the broader context and the factors that contribute to pricing decisions in the food industry.

JSexton10

Bob McCowan (2)
There could be several reasons why people may not be talking about the inflated prices of bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes at Newington. Let's consider some arguments against the notion that these prices are a joke:

1. Market Factors: Pricing of food items is influenced by various market factors, such as the cost of ingredients, labor, overhead expenses, and market demand. If the prices of bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes are higher in Newington, it could be due to factors like increased costs of production, transportation, or rent in that particular area.
  2. Quality and Ingredients: It's possible that the higher prices reflect the quality of the food being offered. If the bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes are made with high-quality ingredients, locally sourced products, or prepared using special techniques, it can justify the increased prices. Sometimes, premium ingredients and specialized recipes can contribute to higher costs.
  3. Customization and Variety: If the establishment offers a wide range of options for customization or provides unique flavors or toppings for their bacon and egg rolls and milkshakes, it could justify the higher prices. Providing a diverse menu and catering to individual preferences often comes with additional costs, which can be reflected in the pricing.
  4. Location and Rent: The cost of operating a business can vary significantly depending on the location. If the establishment is situated in a high-rent area, they may need to set higher prices to cover their expenses and maintain profitability. The price of food items may also reflect the overall cost of doing business in the area, including wages and local taxes.
  5. Branding and Reputation: If the establishment has built a strong brand and has a reputation for quality or unique offerings, they may be able to charge higher prices. Customers who value the brand or appreciate the experience associated with the establishment may be willing to pay a premium for their products.
It's important to consider these factors before concluding that the prices are unjustifiably inflated. While it's understandable to have concerns about the cost of food, it's worth examining the broader context and the factors that contribute to pricing decisions in the food industry
Rugby Forum, not Economics mate.

JoeysBoy1982

Bob McCowan (2)
Fellas!

First competition round of the AAGPS soccer season coming up on Saturday. Feel free to let me know who you like.

I'm liking Newington against Sydney Boys High, Sydney boys just lack that attacking power that they've been known for in the past decade for.

For Kings against Shore, you just have to take Kings, Shore have been lackluster in there showings in trial matches, leaving much to be desired in both attack and defence. Letting in far too many goals.

The last games close, it can really go either way, Joeys have been great in attack, defence lacking. And Sydney Grammar the exact opposite, not leaking too many goals, but lacking the ability to finish inside the box.

Regardless of the results, this will undoubtedly be a great round of football. I urge you all to tune in or come along to a game.

Cheers,
JoeysBoy1982

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)

It's important to consider these factors before concluding that the prices are unjustifiably inflated. While it's understandable to have concerns about the cost of food, it's worth examining the broader context and the factors that contribute to pricing decisions in the food industry.
Chat gpt ?

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Morning all,

In School Order -

9 - H.Sharples (JOEYS)

11 - H.Tonga (KINGS)

As I said at the start that these selections are still very much in the air and anything can happen. But these are just some of the team's predictions towards a possible/probables GPS 1st XV team.

The Import.
I would assume a few of these lads will play 16’s GPS Hartman and Taumoepeau in particular.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Fellas!

First competition round of the AAGPS soccer season coming up on Saturday. Feel free to let me know who you like.

I'm liking Newington against Sydney Boys High, Sydney boys just lack that attacking power that they've been known for in the past decade for.

For Kings against Shore, you just have to take Kings, Shore have been lackluster in there showings in trial matches, leaving much to be desired in both attack and defence. Letting in far too many goals.

The last games close, it can really go either way, Joeys have been great in attack, defence lacking. And Sydney Grammar the exact opposite, not leaking too many goals, but lacking the ability to finish inside the box.

Regardless of the results, this will undoubtedly be a great round of football. I urge you all to tune in or come along to a game.

Cheers,
JoeysBoy1982
Good luck to the boys playing but this might be the wrong forum for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.