• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Let’s also remember these are schoolboys, rules on this forum state no mentions poorly of players is tolerated

thus why I have avoided to talk about the view 10 in my comparison to the kings 10.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
Whats everyones thoughts on Joeys #10, Johnty Fowler?

Although he is small for a 1XV side, his ball skills are up there with the best ive seen in schoolboy rugby. Haven't seen much of his defence but would like to know more of him as a player.

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
IMG_3014.jpeg

the kings serpents have posted their team for the weekend v riverview

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
View vs Kings preview: GAME OF THE ROUND
As the days tick over it's nearly that time of the week again. Another Saturday of GPS rugby. This Saturday the ever-so-diligent Kings School will take the field at Gowan Brae to verse the Jesuits in a game that will see a team carry on their undefeated campaign. This weekend will decide the top of the table and be crucial to the season of both teams looking further down the tunnel of this season.

Kings have a big game with an opponent that is keen to 'grab them by the tail'. Kings are looking to keep their undefeated and prepotent streak alive at their polished and well-manicured JS White Oval. Kings are looking strong and their whole forward pack will be their strength this weekend - looking to outmuscle the Riverview forward pack. The likes of Hadley Tonga will look to continue his consistent form and be a star for Kings. Durbidge and Boston will also be key for the Kings side if they are to get the win.

On the other hand, Riverview will look to continue their dominant streak and knock off the premiership favourites. Despite the devasting season-ending injury of star forward Charlie Bull, the View side seems to have the wind in their sails leading into this weekend. As per usual the Grover twins, Noble, Sullivan, Curll, Dillon and Spora will be the ones to keep an eye on this Saturday. They will be Riverview's go-forward. From what I've heard Riverview's backline has some good chemistry since most have been playing together since year 5, so I am intrigued to see how they shape up to the Kings backline as they look to pinpoint this advantage on Saturday.

It will also be interesting to see who wins the battle off the field with the two colleges sitting next to one another. Both will play a major role in the game. Will Kings look to have every man and their dog on a musical instrument this weekend? I'm not sure. Should be a great atmosphere with both colleges always proving to show great support in large numbers home and away.

Either way, it's shaping up to be an absolute pearler of a game. A game for the ages.

I am keen to hear the results and details of this game after the final whistle.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’m disagreeing in the fact that he is overlooked, rather he is only overlooked by certain schoolboys from a particular school. And then go on to say he has made team of the week two weeks in a row another way he has not been overlooked.
Let’s be honest here guys, these two 10s are almost carbon copies of each other, two bigger bodies with elite elusiveness for their size and ball playing which are second to none.

The Battle of the 10s, will play out on Saturday, which one can only eagerly look at.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
View vs Kings preview: GAME OF THE ROUND
As the days tick over it's nearly that time of the week again. Another Saturday of GPS rugby. This Saturday the ever-so-diligent Kings School will take the field at Gowan Brae to verse the Jesuits in a game that will see a team carry on their undefeated campaign. This weekend will decide the top of the table and be crucial to the season of both teams looking further down the tunnel of this season.

Kings have a big game with an opponent that is keen to 'grab them by the tail'. Kings are looking to keep their undefeated and prepotent streak alive at their polished and well-manicured JS White Oval. Kings are looking strong and their whole forward pack will be their strength this weekend - looking to outmuscle the Riverview forward pack. The likes of Hadley Tonga will look to continue his consistent form and be a star for Kings. Durbidge and Boston will also be key for the Kings side if they are to get the win.

On the other hand, Riverview will look to continue their dominant streak and knock off the premiership favourites. Despite the devasting season-ending injury of star forward Charlie Bull, the View side seems to have the wind in their sails leading into this weekend. As per usual the Grover twins, Noble, Sullivan, Curll, Dillon and Spora will be the ones to keep an eye on this Saturday. They will be Riverview's go-forward. From what I've heard Riverview's backline has some good chemistry since most have been playing together since year 5, so I am intrigued to see how they shape up to the Kings backline as they look to pinpoint this advantage on Saturday.

It will also be interesting to see who wins the battle off the field with the two colleges sitting next to one another. Both will play a major role in the game. Will Kings look to have every man and their dog on a musical instrument this weekend? I'm not sure. Should be a great atmosphere with both colleges always proving to show great support in large numbers home and away.

Either way, it's shaping up to be an absolute pearler of a game. A game for the ages.

I am keen to hear the results and details of this game after the final whistle.
Outstanding. Great work
I might come out of retirement to do one of my culinary previews.

Here is a match from 2018

Newington vs Kings battle at the brickpit

This weekend the Black and White faithful gather upon the hallowed grounds Stanmore for their annual pilgrimage of all things Wyvern. Tribes from across the south pacific, the Harold Matthew Cup team and various colorful racing identities will converge on Brickpit Number 1. Last weekend’s Newington’s offering of Kapisi Pulu (Cabbage And Corned Beef In Coconut Milk) was sour and many pundits were thinking that a dish of LO'I FEKE (Octopus in Coconut Cream) will be a better idea this weekend. Newington will need the eight arms of an octopus to wrap up the Holstein Herd from Parramatta who will be bringing their dust soaked utes, large picnic tables with a sensible spread of perfect crust-free tuna and cucumber sandwiches, British strawberries, Queen Victoria's chocolate ganache sponge and jam pennies (crust-free jam sandwiches the size of an old English penny). How will the clash of menus go? Newington will hopefully serve up to the faithful a much more consistent effort than their last outing against View. There is some fire yet to be belched from the Newington Dragon. Much will depend upon how they handle the land tanks of Kings who brushed aside the aggressive Joeys blue heelers. Kings will be building to make the final stand on behalf of all free star systems everywhere when they face down the Dark Empire in the final round. Kings will not wish to let anything other than a rock-hard lavender meringue with strawberry cream be the norm on the day. Close to call but Kings by at least a dozen melon and prosciutto with blue cheese wraps.

Last edited:
Whats everyones thoughts on Joeys #10, Johnty Fowler?

Although he is small for a 1XV side, his ball skills are up there with the best ive seen in schoolboy rugby. Haven't seen much of his defence but would like to know more of him as a player.
Interestingly, I had a chat to a mate at joeys who is on the coaching staff, said the Jonty is a real humble kid, does a lot of other co-curricular activities, namely Drama, apparently he’s a chess freak as well.

As for his footy. I have to agree, some of the most talent i’ve seen in GPS, ball skills are second to none, lacks a bit of size, but doesn’t seem to struggle in defence.

Sadly, he might struggle to get much recognition, players like Dillon (R), Fakafanua (K), and McLachlan (K) all having great seasons to date.

Real special player though, keen to see how he progresses, will follow him in the future.

pocockenthusiast1973

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interestingly, I had a chat to a mate at joeys who is on the coaching staff, said the Jonty is a real humble kid, does a lot of other co-curricular activities, namely Drama, apparently he’s a chess freak as well.

As for his footy. I have to agree, some of the most talent i’ve seen in GPS, ball skills are second to none, lacks a bit of size, but doesn’t seem to struggle in defence.

Sadly, he might struggle to get much recognition, players like Dillon (R), Fakafanua (K), and McLachlan (K) all having great seasons to date.

Real special player though, keen to see how he progresses, will follow him in the future.
Wow the coaching staff must be very close with him ... Get these schoolboys off the forums!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, thread will open.
ANY posts deemed to be offensive, shit-posting, slagging off other forum members or players, or talking up your mates will be deleted, and those posting will be banned.
There is zero tolerance.
If people don't take this warning seriously it will be locked permanently.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What criteria do you think selectors use in order to come to terms with their decisions when, as you said, there are so many deserving players in such a heavily contested position like the back row?
Hard to say now they have more games to see them. Over the last few years they were picking rep teams after trials and 1/2 games so reputation had a lot to play.

There is something to be said for being a high performer in a winning side IMO. GPS season so far has been really even so this is hard also. I think a lot should fall on the GPS coaches/selectors to make sure they push the case to NSW coaches/selectors that we have picked a guy in GPS Blue to make sure he gets as much game time as possible instead of the bench for GPS 1sts and getting 15mins at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.