• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Question :

Has, and if so when and who, a school gone undefeated in 10 round comp ?

1685411974489.png

Scots went through undefeated

No one.

1685412732372.png

FootyFanStIg87

Frank Row (1)
Quite obvious that View will be drilling out some less apt plays that ultimately afforded Kings a chance, and no doubt at this stage Kings are fair bit stronger than Joey's (though you just can't ever count Joeys out fully, can you?).

However, I really think that if Scots get their confidence this round, they stand a fair chance at pummeling the patchy Kings side, so I don't think I can bring myself to agree that they won't hold out against these 'vicious attacks'. Scots are obviously some heavy hitters, and can never be counted out!

Regards,
RBE (SBHS 83')
Are you suggesting that View will be drilling out some "less apt plays" that magically afford Kings a chance? We will see the next time King's goes against View. Mr 'RBE (SBHS 83')'???

I await your response,

Greg (St Ig' 87)

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Not that it makes much difference but 16Bs were 38 - 5. You may have read in the SMH about the recent year 10 fight at Shore. Well one of the repurcussions was that 20 year 10 boys were put on Saturday detention last weekend - pretty much all of who played rugby in the 16s. We lost players through every grade and had to forfeit 16Es.
stupid way to punish an entire age group...
In much simpler times you would have been given the stick/kane and be done with it

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
So from this Joker, no school has gone 10 rounds undefeated. Closest was New and Scots 9/1. Interesting that when there was 10 rounds previously, Joeys has not done too well and has started this season slow as well. Is there something in that ? Would think it would suit them.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
TIPS TUESDAY!

View attachment 16227

Well you have seen some of the braver heads here explain their choices and margins.

Do you agree?

Will Kings trample the bagpipes, the Dragon breathe fire over the the Shore men and the Wild Wolves subdue the cattledogs?
So far not many have tipped Scots, Shore or Joeys. Do they know something you don't?

Get in now. Want to change your mind? You can, just message me before midnight Friday.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.
J,

Here are my tips for this Sat.

1. Kings by 10
2. Joeys by 7
3. New by 12

Speedy

Stan Wickham (3)
TIPS TUESDAY!

View attachment 16227

Well you have seen some of the braver heads here explain their choices and margins.

Do you agree?

Will Kings trample the bagpipes, the Dragon breathe fire over the the Shore men and the Wild Wolves subdue the cattledogs?
So far not many have tipped Scots, Shore or Joeys. Do they know something you don't?

Get in now. Want to change your mind? You can, just message me before midnight Friday.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.
Scots +4 View +8 New +6

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
So from this Joker, no school has gone 10 rounds undefeated. Closest was New and Scots 9/1. Interesting that when there was 10 rounds previously, Joeys has not done too well and has started this season slow as well. Is there something in that ? Would think it would suit them.
"Back in the Day" Winter Sports Fixtures started after the AAGPS Athletics carnival mid-late May. Term 2 was internal trials then usually vs CAS / Country schools. Term 3 was straight into the 7 GPS rounds with High and Grammar. 7 fixtures was tough but you usually got an "easier" fixture or 2 so it balanced out over the term then it went into the GPS Rep teams vs CHS/CAS to round off before NSW/AUS Schools programs. You probably played as much footy without the intensity of a 'double round'. 10 GPS fixtures will be tough !!

Are you suggesting that View will be drilling out some "less apt plays" that magically afford Kings a chance? We will see the next time King's goes against View. Mr 'RBE (SBHS 83')'???

I await your response,

Greg (St Ig' 87)
I cannot help but wonder as to whether you bothered to research this at all. I mean no offence mate, but View very obviously played sloppy rugby in the ways that it counted. Of course, these will be a highlight of this weeks training, and no doubt throughout the next term. Hence, the chances that Kings will be afforded next time will be reduced, putting Riverview in a better position.

All I mean is that View can not be ruled out due to last weekend's narrow defeat.

I'm keenly awaiting your reply,
RBE (SBHS 83')

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)

View attachment 16229

Scots went through undefeated

No one.

View attachment 16230
A very fine Scots team indeed in 2014.
Dominated all season with just a scare against Shore late in the season who came close to an almighty upset.
For those of you who want to relive the season link is below to season highlights.
One of the very best schoolboy highlights reels.
2 internationals in that line up.
Angus Crichton at League and Guy Porter who was capped in union last year for England.
Might also notice a shaven headed Toby Rudolf in the No.1 shirt scoring against Kings
licensed-image.jpg

FootyFanStIg87

Frank Row (1)
I cannot help but wonder as to whether you bothered to research this at all. I mean no offence mate, but View very obviously played sloppy rugby in the ways that it counted. Of course, these will be a highlight of this weeks training, and no doubt throughout the next term. Hence, the chances that Kings will be afforded next time will be reduced, putting Riverview in a better position.

All I mean is that View can not be ruled out due to last weekend's narrow defeat.

I'm keenly awaiting your reply,
RBE (SBHS 83')

Ah, my sincere apologies, dear lad. I must admit, my temper got the best of me in my previous response. As an old man, I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me, and for that, I apologize.

You are absolutely right in pointing out that Riverview's performance last weekend may not define their overall potential. While they may have played sloppy rugby in critical moments, it is indeed a valuable lesson that will likely be emphasized during their training this week and throughout the next term.

I hope to correspond with you in future Mr 'RBE (SBHS 83')

Sincerely, Greg, (St Ig 87')

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ah, my sincere apologies, dear lad. I must admit, my temper got the best of me in my previous response. As an old man, I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me, and for that, I apologize.

You are absolutely right in pointing out that Riverview's performance last weekend may not define their overall potential. While they may have played sloppy rugby in critical moments, it is indeed a valuable lesson that will likely be emphasized during their training this week and throughout the next term.

0/10 …

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

Never seen a Riverview Old Boy sign off their year like that.

Must be an 87 exclusive I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.