• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thoughts on Scots season so far. A come from behind draw with Joeys, a loss to View, a sluggish win against Shore and a comprehensive loss to Kings.
Injuries have severity hampered Scot’s they can’t seem to keep the same team which creates No velocity. The big injuries to Blake Steep and Finn Bartlett is massive was witnessed yesterday when Kings destroyed Scot’s. Both these boys would add real grunt in the pack and both league backgrounds are heavy hitters in defence, I think yesterday showed unfortunately due to injuries a few boys who would normally play 3Rds are having to play against a very very good Kings team. Who never really got out of second gear.

hogieslammer

Frank Row (1)
looking forward to the middle part of the competition, rounds 4-8 are where the leaders will really step up.

I think Joey's will have to take the 2 points against Kings on Thursday to stay alive this season. Hopefully the reduced turn around time shows their recovery and fitness better than Kings.

Newington Scots and View very much still in it with plenty of games to play. Points differential could become very important in the later games.

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wish I could say Joeys will take the chocolates from kings Thursday.

I just think that this (joeys) side is not a ruthless as a few over the last number of years. They remind me of the side that was belted by Kings a few years ago at HH.

The Competition standard like last year is high. Probably higher than that year where Kings won the comp beating Joeys in the final round.

There was not a huge difference between this years side and last years. The other schools have very good sides and their success should be congratulated.

Last year, while all the accolades went to MJ, Actually in my opinion the most 3 most influential players in that side were the prop, the OC and the 5/8 particularly late in the season.

The two biggest differences here are that the prop is missing and the OC is a distributer rather than breaking the line.

They could have beat New in HH with some better decision making, and all the results are tight, but, they are on the wrong side of them.

It will happen again on Thursday. Joeys will fight like tigers, and may do some damage later in the year, but this year will not be theirs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’m happy about the result for View yesterday as they still control their own season and don’t need anyone else yet. 2 rounds has created this and kept New, Scots in the running.

Joeys have had every chance to be undefeated so far but their isn’t the game breaker or exceptional back row that shuts it down. In fact they rarely contest a ruck in 1st and 2nds. This won’t work v Kings if you allow them to have consistent possession. View couldn't hold the ball yesterday which kept Joeys in it IMO.

They have a very good set piece with multiple turnovers caused from Scrums and Lineouts so that’s good v Kings. I’d be picking the most exciting players in a backline you can find and letting it fly. You will need to score at least 30 to be a chance of a win.

Last edited:

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
I’m happy about the result for View yesterday as they still control their own season and don’t need anyone else yet. 2 rounds has created this and kept New, Scots Amin the running.

Joeys have had every chance to be undefeated so far but their isn’t the game breaker or exceptional back row that shuts it down. In fact they rarely contest a ruck in 1st and 2nds. This won’t work v Kings if you allow them to have consistent possession. View couldn't hold the ball yesterday which kept Joeys in it IMO.

They have a very good set piece with multiple turnovers caused from Scrums and Lineouts so that’s good v Kings. I’d be picking the most exciting players in a backline you can find and letting it fly. You will need to score at least 30 to be a chance of a win.
GoR

The 2nds game this Thursday will be a battle with Kings and Joeys 1st and 2nd on the ladder

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys also had a disallowed try that he scored, he said he lost it. But refs don’t get video help unfortunately

I thought the ref had a great game otherwise
In the instance you are talking about, he actually grounds it short which can be seen on Cluch, the ball then rolls forward towards the try line before he places his hands back on it and thinks he scored the try. Knock on. No try. Referee made the right decision

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPPING RESULTS for ROUND 4

All the favorites won as many expected. Kings did indeed trample Scots and Newington were too strong for the Shoremen. The Joeys/View match will add another chapter in the book of feuds that will be debated for years to come. (just like Balmain Subbie and I about the 94' T$C/SJC game)

Well done to those who picked the margins but Kings and Newington results no one got close to the margins. (bullocks was close with New)

Any problems or issues, let me know ASAP.

Results Week 6.jpg

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Seems like Newington have found a lot of rhythm within their attack. They also defended very well only letting shore within their 22 once or twice. Best on field for New. 1. 6. 8. 13. 14. 15. Though every player did their job well.

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
Another tough one for Joeys. No wins from four and a rampant Kings with a 5 day turnaround. The Joeys of previous years would seem to get the bounce of the ball or have a game breaker in the backs like a Dan O’Brien or a Max to snatch the close ones. This year it’s two draws and two very close losses. They could be on 8 points, they could be on zero. As it is they have 2. Seeing Oscar Jorgensen and Eamon Doyle (at least the big fella is running the water now, hopefully back soon?) sitting with the coaches is a reminder of how the close ones might have otherwise panned out. Same for every team and injuries I guess. Regardless, at this stage Kings are a cut above everyone else and then it’s Riverview and Newington in the next tier with superior defensive capabilities compared to Joeys, Scots and Shore who need to turn things around in the next 6 weeks to join that second tier. Hard to see anything but a Kings premiership though.

Status
Not open for further replies.