• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overtheball

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow, there are some salty View fans today. And a few from New.
Refereeing in rugby always has a lot of grey area and fine-line calls based on interpretation.

Passionate fans are commonly guilty of being hyper-observant of a call against their team, which on another day may have gone the other way. They also spot genuine referee mistakes that negatively effect their beloved team.

People need to realise that it is a very rare supporter who also notices the opposite. Line ball calls and mistakes that benefit their team are glossed over, or purely unseen due to the colour tint of their viewing glasses.

One thing I have never allowed my children to do is blame the referee after a narrow rugby loss. I lose a lot of respect for a coach that says, or implies, to my boys that the referee cost them a game.
After watching all three games on Cluch I feel the 3 underdogs all performed well today. Two with a win and Joeys really pushing Kings, and keeping them to their lowest score of the season thus far.
No doubt View, New and Kings would disappointed with their performance (not as bitterly for Kings as they still managed to take the win).

Bob Delilly

Frank Row (1)
For anyone watching the Cluch TV replay on View vs Shore, can someone pls explain to me how that pass from Marshall Lemaitre at 61:07, was not forward, aswell the yellow card was awarded for the tackle on the kicker which was absolutely ridiculous, the touchy should not have had the power to rule on that yellow given they have 3rd referees with video footage upstairs, this ultimately cost view a try and the game.

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
the scores stand at the end of the day but disappointing when games and potentially seasons are won with poor decisions. I know refs are human but be fair. Kings v joeys refs very inconsistent- I have rewatched critical moments before commenting. The pass to the winger for his second try (very good game from him mind you) was forward. Tied the game and put them undefeated on top. Ref even questioned the touchie on it.

In the 1’s kings lost a prop for a high tackle but missed the high shot from the joeys 4 to the kings 10 under the post in the second half. There were also some kings players held back without the ball in the 1st half that were not picked up yet in the second penalties were awarded.

I will watch the other games taking note the comments about the ref. As I said it is just unfair if poor decisions decide the game not good rugby

By far Kings 7 won the game. Strong defence against the field from both sides.

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
the scores stand at the end of the day but disappointing when games and potentially seasons are won with poor decisions. I know refs are human but be fair. Kings v joeys refs very inconsistent- I have rewatched critical moments before commenting. The pass to the winger for his second try (very good game from him mind you) was forward. Tied the game and put them undefeated on top. Ref even questioned the touchie on it.

In the 1’s kings lost a prop for a high tackle but missed the high shot from the joeys 4 to the kings 10 under the post in the second half. There were also some kings players held back without the ball in the 1st half that were not picked up yet in the second penalties were awarded.

I will watch the other games taking note the comments about the ref. As I said it is just unfair if poor decisions decide the game not good rugby

By far Kings 7 won the game. Strong defence against the field from both sides.
so to summarise even though kings won, you’re implying that the ref was bias towards joeys ? lol just stop

Warringah Maul

Frank Row (1)
For anyone watching the Cluch TV replay on View vs Shore, can someone pls explain to me how that pass from Marshall Lemaitre at 61:07, was not forward, aswell the yellow card was awarded for the tackle on the kicker which was absolutely ridiculous, the touchy should not have had the power to rule on that yellow given they have 3rd referees with video footage upstairs, this ultimately cost view a try and the game.
After re-watching the clutch replay you can see view 7 make the initial hit which was perfectly legal however then proceeds to shove the shore winger to the ground right under the touchies nose. Due to this being foul play, I believe the touchie does have the power to be able to step in and I think the yellow card was the right call. In regard to this, I do also believe there were many missed/poor calls throughout the game but in my opinion definitely the right option here.

Warringah Maul, Out

Bob Delilly

Frank Row (1)
After re-watching the clutch replay you can see view 7 make the initial hit which was perfectly legal however then proceeds to shove the shore winger to the ground right under the touchies nose. Due to this being foul play, I believe the touchie does have the power to be able to step in and I think the yellow card was the right call. In regard to this, I do also believe there were many missed/poor calls throughout the game but in my opinion definitely the right option here.

Warringah Maul, Out
penalty worthy, sure. But a yellow card is a bit ridiculous here as it was not dangerous, and the kicker would have had no impact on the play after initial legal contact.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
A lot of talk about whether Hwi Sharples will make gps 1sts and his performance recently is a bit stupid. You can't really excel in a team that isn't playing well. Sharples proved how good he could be last year in both the GPS and the gen blue program. Not taking anything away from the Kings 9, but he has arguably the strongest backline behind him, (it would be pretty difficult for him not to play well in the team that he is in). Both 9's are great and whether they make 1's or 2's really makes no difference in their career post school.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think we’ll see both in NSW teams as well. That’s not talking down any CAS, ISA, SJRU & Country kids but if your picking 4 for NSW teams those 2 will be there.

The fact he was there last year does play a major role as well. We focus on the Joeys 9 so much because we expect a lot and probably more than we do of others. He’s not a carve you up running 9, he a bit more of a general out there dictating play for the Joeys team.

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Noticed more bad injuries
I am glad I don’t engage till tomorrow. Would be hard to stay focused while dodging so many toys being thrown from the cot.

View attachment 16405

Well done Shore. Joker is proud of you
I am glad I don’t engage till tomorrow. Would be hard to stay focused while dodging so many toys being thrown from the cot.

View attachment 16405

Well done Shore. Joker is proud of you.
In a small way I think Shore should thank Joeys for their win today. The View boys weren’t up for it today maybe after such a big game just 5 days ago.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
A lot of talk about whether Hwi Sharples will make gps 1sts and his performance recently is a bit stupid. You can't really excel in a team that isn't playing well. Sharples proved how good he could be last year in both the GPS and the gen blue program. Not taking anything away from the Kings 9, but he has arguably the strongest backline behind him, (it would be pretty difficult for him not to play well in the team that he is in). Both 9's are great and whether they make 1's or 2's really makes no difference in their career post school.

also had the best forward pack. The
A lot of talk about whether Hwi Sharples will make gps 1sts and his performance recently is a bit stupid. You can't really excel in a team that isn't playing well. Sharples proved how good he could be last year in both the GPS and the gen blue program.
Not only did Hwi
A lot of talk about whether Hwi Sharples will make gps 1sts and his performance recently is a bit stupid. You can't really excel in a team that isn't playing well. Sharples proved how good he could be last year in both the GPS and the gen blue program. Not taking anything away from the Kings 9, but he has arguably the strongest backline behind him, (it would be pretty difficult for him not to play well in the team that he is in).
Not only did Hwi have the strongest backline behind him but the Best Forward pack going forward. A Ferrari will never perform on a 4 cylinder engine if you catch my drift.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Interesting prediction on the AAGPS RUGBY website ladder as to how Joeys will perform in the second half of the season.
Back to the top! It boldly proclaims.
You heard it here first....well second......Joker has been suggesting as much for several weeks.
Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 9.02.25 pm.png

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
Like a good 6.

Might be a plan from the coaches but they don’t challenge the ruck compared to other teams. Makes a difference when picking a 7.
Joeys best breakdown pilferer on the sidelines unfortunately. They bet the house Doyle filling a lot of key roles this year and he then misses the first 6 rounds, then add to that Oscar J misses all but half a game. Joeys 2nds are undefeated so the issue isn’t depth, it’s just that no 1st XV team is the same when they have 2 of their premium talent on the sidelines.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Joeys best breakdown pilferer on the sidelines unfortunately. They bet the house Doyle filling a lot of key roles this year and he then misses the first 6 rounds, then add to that Oscar J misses all but half a game. Joeys 2nds are undefeated so the issue isn’t depth, it’s just that no 1st XV team is the same when they have 2 of their premium talent on the sidelines.
Ah ok didn’t think of that. Is he due back?

I thought it’s been quite noticeable that there is no real pressure on the oppositions possession at ruck time.

Id be tempted to play the 2nds 12 in the 1sts and Oscar J to 13 when fit again.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Ah ok didn’t think of that. Is he due back?

I thought it’s been quite noticeable that there is no real pressure on the oppositions possession at ruck time.

Id be tempted to play the 2nds 12 in the 1sts and Oscar J to 13 when fit again.
Not a bad option but they hope to have Gough back soon as well. I don’t think it is well appreciated how many game breakers are sitting on the sidelines at Joeys.

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
My son in year 7 at Shore, told me that it was not compulsory for boys to attend, but older students put posters around the school saying it was, in which those boys received repercussions for insisting it was "compulsory", but it was not compulsory at all, hence why they received repercussions for doing so. I agree though, the Shore crowd did give the boys on the field an uplift, especially as their crowd was substantially larger in than the riverview crowd. All in all, it was a great game. Still dissapointed about no pies at northbridge, has taken me a while to stomach that one, hence my hiatus from this forum.

MeatPieBandit

Waiting for Joker to complain about Shore removing the pie from their menu again I wish the same Joker don’t worry. I had the Shore steak sandwich today and it was interesting. a nice juicy steak but i don’t think it was worth the $9 i payed for it. I’ll make sure to take a photo for you next time.

Interesting that those boys put posters around the school saying it was compulsory. Their trickery certainly worked as Shore had their biggest crowd i’ve ever seen. My Sister in Law has a kid at Shore in year 8 and he told me it was compulsory so i thought it was but he must’ve been tricked by the posters. I’m a future parent of the school and a Shore old boy so nice to see a good culture building.
BoysFromTheBxW

Status
Not open for further replies.