• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
1716015993455.png

Rankings after Week 1

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
Round 1 of a double round comp. Shore aren’t done by any means.

If one thing should be known about View since last year is they are fit and keep coming at you these days.

Does show how some Schools treat trials though.
Yep. Shore looked tired and Ignatius looked like they could go for another half. Very good conditioning.

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
This will be a blow out to Shore. 35+
Wow. I really got that wrong. Congrats Riverview. That really is a magnificent win. Don't blame the clock, Shore - the referee is the sole arbiter of time, not the scoreboard attendants. See also the Chairman's comment. What a comp we have...

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Great to see a game where the touted players perform to expectation. Shore 10s first try was a beauty but View 9 showed great direction.

Other player who deserves a shout is the Shore 2nds 12. Chewing up meters all game and broke tackles almost every time. Good footy player.

Look forward to catching up on the other games.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
Great to see a game where the touted players perform to expectation. Shore 10s first try was a beauty but View 9 showed great direction.

Other player who deserves a shout is the Shore 2nds 12. Chewing up meters all game and broke tackles almost every time. Good footy player.

Look forward to catching up on the other games.
I saw 12. He played phenomenal. Was going to mention him then the game started. The Ignatius’ 2nd’s 5 was also a very classy player.

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Scots vs Kings was an amazing game. Scots lead 12-0 until pretty much halftime when Kings went over to make it 12-7 Scots way at half time. Through a whole half of chances that everyone thought were gonna be tries, in the final couple minutes, Kings finally spread the ball to the wing- after what felt like half an hour of picking and going- to score about 10m in from the sideline. The conversion was unsuccessful, and the ball went to Kings who lost it and gave Scots one final chance. As Brial went for a pick and go through a vacant gap, #2 for Kings made the miracle play and grappled at the ball as Brial zoomed through a gap. Consequently, the ball was dropped and the game was ended.
Best on field:

Scots:
#8, Brial
#10, Soepono
#12, Lemoto
#4, Barber

Kings:
#2, idk
#15, idk
#14 or 11, forgot which one but the little fella with the white headgear

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sorry all. I was struggling to stay dry and warm when God sent a reminder of Antarctic blast to remind us Winter is soon. It certainly quietened the supporters. Joeys boys all with ponchos on huddled together like baby penguins on the Mawson ice shelf. I was being shuffled off to the weather. Missed last 20 minutes of game

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Gutted as a Shore supporter but how good was that from View?! The boys went absolutely insane. Confused as to why people are already writing off Shore though? Just because they won’t go undefeated doesn’t mean they can’t win!

Gotta give so much credit to View here. They were hungry at the end. Shore were playing too nervously and dropped the ball. I’ve still got so much adrenaline in me after that.

Bring on next week!