• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Mungo1866

Stan Wickham (3)
Joeys vs Newington
16A SJC 21 v 7 NC
16B - no game, Newington B's played C
15A SJC 66 v 0 NC
15B SJC 70 v 7 NC
14A SJC 48 v 5 NC
14B - no game, Newington B's played C
13A SJC 50 v 5 NC
13B SJC 38 v 0 Scots B
I’d love to know why Newington didn’t play a lot of the younger B teams or why Scots 13B wasn’t playing Kings 13Bs but the Joeys 13B instead.
It worries me that depth in what are some major historical rugby schools may be so shallow. It may get to the point where Joeys just becomes the National XV.

Rugbynbeers

Alfred Walker (16)
I’d love to know why Newington didn’t play a lot of the younger B teams or why Scots 13B wasn’t playing Kings 13Bs but the Joeys 13B instead.
It worries me that depth in what are some major historical rugby schools may be so shallow. It may get to the point where Joeys just becomes the National XV.

kings year 7 group this week had a outbreak of chicken pox, leaving to about 14 boys with chickenpox in the Bs.

no reason of moving a whole team up each game and canceling the Es when you have the ability for Scot’s Bs to run on Agaisnt a side of similar levels.

Mungo1866

Stan Wickham (3)
I'd think those scores are self-explanatory as to why... and it's not like Newington's depth will increase as it switches to co-ed.
So we can expect Newington to forfeit games below the As?
Still don’t get why Kings 13B wasn’t playing Scots.
kings year 7 group this week had a outbreak of chicken pox, leaving to about 14 boys with chickenpox in the Bs.

no reason of moving a whole team up each game and canceling the Es when you have the ability for Scot’s Bs to run on Agaisnt a side of similar levels.
Thanks that makes some sense-

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 1XV game Scots vs King's was a brutally exciting game to watch. King's had a slow start but found a good pace in the second half. Scots has complete control at some stages but only in lapses. Alot of tippers had been proved wrong in this game...

LuckyLuc

Bob McCowan (2)
Question for the rules boffins. Why was Newington allowed to run a fresh reserve. Number 16 ran on with the team then sat on the bench and replaced 3 around halftime. I am quite sure he didn’t play in the seconds. My understanding is that no fresh reserves are allowed and replacements can only be made for injury.

the_merchant

Stan Wickham (3)
Question for the rules boffins. Why was Newington allowed to run a fresh reserve. Number 16 ran on with the team then sat on the bench and replaced 3 around halftime. I am quite sure he didn’t play in the seconds. My understanding is that no fresh reserves are allowed and replacements can only be made for injury.
That was Isaiah Sheck he played a game of 16as earlier in the day

DrDanieCraven

Bob McCowan (2)
@LuckyLuc who were the standouts in that game?

Bay78

Frank Row (1)
Scots would be shattered not to win that game, so many opportunities to score that never panned out. Discipline needs to improve but that ref wasn’t the best in my opinion, very quick to blow his whistle against Scots. Can’t blame the ref tho. Scots have all the weapons to go all the way, and showed it today but couldn’t finish it off unfortunately. Goal line defence from Scots was incredible, holding them out for about 8 minutes on the line unfortunately kings pounced on an opportunity outwide. Scots have a big challenge next week but i have full confidence that they will be able to get it done if they play how they did in patches today. 16A’s Scots 19-0 kings. Also many tries gone begging for the Scots side, terrible conditions though, rain and gale wind. Anyone got score for 16A’s joeys?
I thought the penalty count against Kings was much higher in the 1st half. Massive credit to Kings for shutting down that HUGE Scots backline. Not to mention 3x y10 (gen blue) forwards for Kings who dominated the Scots Scrums. Talen (no15) who is also another y10 boy almost won it at the death with an impossible kick from the sideline. It had the Scot’s crowd holding their breath for the touchies decision. Don’t rule these boys out for the next 3 years.

Top Bottom