• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

BananaMan

Stan Wickham (3)
Right. Stats after R1.

View attachment 18938

Right. Stats after R1.

View attachment 18938

Chairman, Try scorers for Joeys were Sleeman, Logan, Palmisani & Hart

Team lists for New/Joeys 1sts below

Newington v Joeys 1sts 18May24.jpg

ItsNotPink

Alfred Walker (16)
3rd XV Trial 3 Report
I am pleased to see that the 3rd XV trial results have already been published on the forum this morning, so just a few comments from me.

Joeys 3rd XV 27 d Newington 3rd XV 7
Newington competitive here and I'm sure they would like to be in the 3rd XV competition in future. Joeys setting up well for the coming season.

Scots 3d XV 17 d Kings 3rd XV 10
The defending premiers continue to build good form with one trial remaining and an early win over Kings.

Riverview 3rd XV 10 d Shore 3rd XV 8
What a cracking game this was at Lane Cove. Both teams are in good form for a positive 2024 result.

Oakhill 4th XV 22 d High 1st XV 0
Another disappointing trial for the High 1sts. Well done Oakhill, but High still appear to be well off the 3rd XV competition standard.

St Pius 1st XV 24 d Grammar 1st XV 15
Pius continue on their winning way taking yet another GPS / CAS scalp in their trials. The report from the game was that Grammar still has a bit of work to do before the main comp starts.

Final trial next week before the competition commences on 1 June.

INP

Last edited:

Scrum Sandwich

Bob McCowan (2)
Wow. What a mixed bag of results from the weekend. This just proves that unless you have a team as good as last year's King's side, Joeys 2019 side etc nothing is secure. Riverview and Kings proving everyone wrong with a strong performance. How would you rank the teams in order now(I know it's one round in, and maybe I'm a just a delusional TKS fan)?

This is my order:
1. Joeys
2. Riverview
3. Shore
4. Kings
5. Scots
6. Newington

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Power Rankings Round 1.png

So these are my power rankings after Round 1 of the competition. What an opening round we just had.

This is just my opinion so please feel free to disagree with me.

Joeys: They move into the contenders category. Started the match strong against Newington and took their chances when Newington presented them. Scrappy at times but still looked the strongest out of all the teams this week.

Riverview: Very few predicted it, but what an upset at The Swamp! This team looks like they have a point to prove and stayed hungry for the win well into injury time. Very excited to see how View perform for the rest of the season as most of us predicted that they would be weak. They leap into "Thereabouts".

Kings: Another team that is performing in contrast to what we all predicted. They did amazingly well to not only hold their own, but come back to seal the draw against the predicted competition heavyweights. Forward pack looked good. They move up to the Outsiders category.

Scots: Continue to perform sub-par to expectations. Scots will be annoyed not to have won that game against Kings at the Death Star. There were some shining lights in their game but they need to be able to maintain their strength throughout the entirety of the game if they are to win the competition this year.

Shore: The Shore boys looked absolutely gutted as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. I will concede that I thought Shore had done enough to secure victory. Unfortunately for them, they were unable to close out the game. It will be a good learning experience as it will teach them that in some cases, these games are not just 70 minutes. They played the wrong type of game in the dying stages which will not serve them well if it continues further into the season. They move into the "Outsiders" category.

Newington: Not entirely sure what to make of their game to be completely honest. They were scrappy and gave away some seemingly soft tries. Did well to keep the scoreline the way it was but were far from impressive. They move down to the slim chance category.

No team should be written off yet. The competition is wide open for the taking and anyone can beat anyone on their day. To those who won, congratulations. To those who were defeated, the competition is just getting started.

Rookie

Truth-teller

Bob McCowan (2)
I thought the penalty count against Kings was much higher in the 1st half. Massive credit to Kings for shutting down that HUGE Scots backline. Not to mention 3x y10 (gen blue) forwards for Kings who dominated the Scots Scrums. Talen (no15) who is also another y10 boy almost won it at the death with an impossible kick from the sideline. It had the Scot’s crowd holding their breath for the touchies decision. Don’t rule these boys out for the next 3 years.
Makes you wonder if the injured Jeremy Santow would've been the difference-maker.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
ROUND 1 RESULTS

This weeks winner an old sparing partner of mine young Balmain Subbies
Closely followed by another Scottish cat strangler

Lose- 0
Win- 3 points if your margin is BELOW +5 of the final score
Win- 5 points if your margin is ABOVE and WITHIN the +5
Win- 10 points you pick the margin exactly
DRAW- If you select a draw 20 points

Enjoy

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 1.jpg

Thank you to those who have sent results. A table showing the gaps will be posted soon.
Much appreciate the support.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
ROUND 1 RESULTS

Lose- 0

Enjoy

View attachment 18951

Thank you to those who have sent results. A table showing the gaps will be posted soon.
Balmain Subbies basking in their glory as we speak

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
ROUND 1 RESULTS

Lose- 0

Enjoy

View attachment 18951

Well I look like a right mug

A

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Will be interesting to see what TSC coaches do. They are unable to exit when under pressure with the current set up. 2nds had a strong game with the likes of Newman, Patterson and Johnson all pressuring the first XV coaches.
The 12 was strong but has a host of backs in front of him. Big prop in red headgear must be close to a call up to try and stabilise what was a tough day srummaging for the 1st XV.

Last edited by a moderator:

HailMaryEnthusiast

Bob McCowan (2)
ROUND 1 RESULTS

Lose- 0

Enjoy

View attachment 18951

@Joker, unsure on the scoring as my first season but would I not get 5 points for both my View and Joeys tips? Happy to be wrong just checking