• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Game_Day_Ritual

Ward Prentice (10)
I must be going old and deaf. Maybe it was my position on the western side up near the scoreboard but all I heard when the 2s fella was attempting to win the game with that final kick was silence. As for the Scots 1s going over to their supporters before accepting the Joeys sportsmanship clapping them off, not every schoolboy gets every social occasion spot on. The Joeys 1s didn't seem to mind waiting for the Scots boys to finish their Scotsing.
As a parent of a teenager, unfortunately 16/17/18-year-olds boys don't always get it right! cut all the kids some slack from all schools. In the end with some reflection, adult intervention they can learn for the next time. The competition is very tight this season which makes for great viewing. here's to round 3.

Flat out

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
What a load of BS.

UpnUnder

Larry Dwyer (12)
If you actually look at the tape, it was silent (few on the piss old boys whistling) until there were some noises made ONLY as he was hitting it, not like other schools (as seen previously) constantly yelling in the whole lead up to the kick. Everything is picked up and made targeting Scots, "they sang Auld Lang Syne with their school and made Joeys wait VERY IMPATIENTLY (1 min) to go off the tunnel", wow holy shit that is diabolical, never seen before, unprecedented shenanigans. They MUST fine Scots and take away their point on the ladder.
I was there, directly adjacent to the Scots students (it wasn’t old boys). I dont need to watch the tape. The behaviour was appalling, both during the kick and throughout the 1’s and 2’s. That’s the standard Scots accepts from its students. No one cares about them singing their song.

Flat out

Frank Nicholson (4)
Was at the Joeys Scots game at the park. Congrats to scots on a well deserved win in 2nds. It was earnt and all respect goes to that team. Joeys has some work to do to reverse that at the hill. A number of the scots 2nds I thought played with for heart than there counterparts in the 1sts. On 1sts, This joeys side is lean and mean. They were dwarfed yesterday by the scots boys but from the first tackle the big bodies got hammered. The scoreline was reflective of the result. For scots the standout was their 13. The battle of the number 8's was clearly won by Joeys as was the 7's. The heart and guts award goes to the joeys prop who had something go wrong in the shoulder, stumbled back to the line with Scotts pressing for the before half time try and then made 2 crucial takles and a steal to shut it down. when he went up to the sheds to be assessed the joe boys showed their appreciation. The scots team individually had talent, but joeys matched that particularly in the backs. Both teams have some gas to burn there. Bring on the next round

Agree, the Scots 2nds looked good and definitely had size advantage. I thought #15 for Scots had a great game - he never stopped, he was like the energizer bunny.

I think the Shore v New game will be the closest of the week. I’m struggling to pick a winner. Obviously New are winless. But have played the two form teams… Whereas Shore have scraped a win against Kings.
I’m can forecast a Wookie ambush of Northbridge. Thoughts?
TSP…
I completely disagree with you on this TSP. Shore were very solid against Kings. Yes, they may have let in a couple easy trys but it was on the back of some brilliant individual plays by some of the Kings players. I will be very surprised if Shore struggle against Newington especially at Northbridge. The crowds are only getting bigger for Shore and the footy is only getting better. I can say the complete opposite for Newington.

Would be happy to hear any rebuttals.

TheMaulester

Mungo1866

Stan Wickham (3)
I’d swap a lot of the forwards from 2’s, they seemed fitter and faster. 15 and 13 were good as well.
The Scots outside backs were units- they reminded me of the Scottish/South African outside backs in the recent 6 nations- tall and built.I thought they’d cause Joeys more trouble than they did but the smaller Joeys forwards just shut things down.
Fittler seemed wasted on the wing - a lot of experience there with little to do and maybe showed up as out of position by one of the Joeys tries - I’d play him closer in.

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Scots outside backs were units- they reminded me of the Scottish/South African outside backs in the recent 6 nations- tall and built.I thought they’d cause Joeys more trouble than they did but the smaller Joeys forwards just shut things down.
Fittler seemed wasted on the wing - a lot of experience there with little to do and maybe showed up as out of position by one of the Joeys tries - I’d play him closer in.
Who do you push out?
-Professor

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I completely disagree with you on this TSP. Shore were very solid against Kings. Yes, they may have let in a couple easy trys but it was on the back of some brilliant individual plays by some of the Kings players. I will be very surprised if Shore struggle against Newington especially at Northbridge. The crowds are only getting bigger for Shore and the footy is only getting better. I can say the complete opposite for Newington.

Would be happy to hear any rebuttals.

TheMaulester
Didn't see any of Newington v Joeys but from the weekend v View they showed a lot of heart and seemingly improvement. Some other sides would have lost that game by 20+ with the sheer possession and territory View had in the Newington 22m.

I think Shore can and will handle them at home. Newington 10 and the big fella on the Wing are elite talents who can threaten anyone. I wouldn't want to play a shoot out with them.

Hard to say if they take confidence from it as they should be proud of the effort or heads start to drop as they gave it everything and came up short.

Doing my HSC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
Any proof you dog?

Doing my HSC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Did he have a HIA? He walked off unassisted when subbed off.
He got knocked out... I would assume this is why he was subbed off as he is one of their stronger players. If he is injured I reckon Lemoto should be slotted into the pack.

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 10.23.58 am.png