• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The nugs

Frank Row (1)
He got knocked out... I would assume this is why he was subbed off as he is one of their stronger players. If he is injured I reckon Lemoto should be slotted into the pack.

View attachment 19027
No sleeping on the job for Joeys boys. Joeys number 1 (Toby Taggart) dislocated his shoulder just before half-time, you could see Taggart had the true toughness and courage to over come the pain. Putting on 2 more hard shots before the whistle blow, which he then ran back into the sheds to put it back into place. Wishing him a speedy recovery ahead of a big kings game this week.

Footylegend2

Allen Oxlade (6)
No sleeping on the job for Joeys boys. Joeys number 1 (Toby Taggart) dislocated his shoulder just before half-time, you could see Taggart had the true toughness and courage to over come the pain. Putting on 2 more hard shots before the whistle blow, which he then ran back into the sheds to put it back into place. Wishing him a speedy recovery ahead of a big kings game this week.
That is gutsy as, Just watched the tackle, he gets back up and makes another impact tackle with the dislocated shoulder. crazy toughness get him in origin next wednesday

CasualObserver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
This is total rubbish. I have two boys there at the moment and have never seen this. It is more the opposite where higher teams are carrying lots of reserves because the other schools can't provide an opposition, which makes the lower teams weaker than they should be. Even when schools refuse to play vs a B or C team, the players from those teams don't move down, they miss a week of footy and spend the day in their blues watching their mates having fun.

Last edited:

Jockey181

Banned
I completely disagree with you on this TSP. Shore were very solid against Kings. Yes, they may have let in a couple easy trys but it was on the back of some brilliant individual plays by some of the Kings players. I will be very surprised if Shore struggle against Newington especially at Northbridge. The crowds are only getting bigger for Shore and the footy is only getting better. I can say the complete opposite for Newington.

Would be happy to hear any rebuttals.

TheMaulester
I disagree CS. Newington will bounce back. Shore will win but it will sure be bloody close mate..
Jockey Defense

TheSetPiece89

Frank Row (1)
I completely disagree with you on this TSP. Shore were very solid against Kings. Yes, they may have let in a couple easy trys but it was on the back of some brilliant individual plays by some of the Kings players. I will be very surprised if Shore struggle against Newington especially at Northbridge. The crowds are only getting bigger for Shore and the footy is only getting better. I can say the complete opposite for Newington.

Would be happy to hear any rebuttals.

TheMaulester
I tend to agree with TGOR. Newington have some handy talents that could score some brilliant individual tries, as you said Shore let some easy tries in. If Newington get in the lead they showed us last weekend they have the heart and fitness to defend their 22 for prolonged periods. Hence why I think this game will be close. Also New will be hungry for their first win of the season, that is why I can see them winning.
TSP…

Doing my HSC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone got the TOTW for round 2?
1. Toby Targett (J)
2. Charlie Ghattas (J)
3. Felix Harvison (E)
4. Finnlay Bartlett (S)
5. Arthur Greer (J)
6. Lucas Arnautovic (J)
7. Henri Dempsey (I)
8. Johannes Logan (J)
9. Angus Grover (I)
10. Rex Bassingthwaite (E)
11. Leo Jacuqes (S)
12. Sam Terry (I)
13. Ethan Tombs (J)
14. Talen Risata (K)
15. Toby Rodwell (N)

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey guys! Just letting everyone know (if they haven't already) JOEYS had a prop play on with a dislocated shoulder!

Anyway, I would put Fittler (right wing) to outside centre, Jaques (outside centre) to fullback, and have McKenzie (fullback) at right wing. This was the backline they had last year when they were in year 11 and they were doing much better than they are now. When Large comes back I would have him at inside centre and put Lemoto (inside centre) in the forwards. The 2XV fullback is Will Johnson and he definitely is deserving of a start in the firsts, maybe you could throw him in at flyhalf and drop Soepono to give him a bit of motivation and see how Will Johnson goes in firsts.
Making the backline look like this:
10: Will Johnson
11: Tom O'Hara
12: Onitoni Large/ Heinz Lemoto
13: Zac Fittler
14: Jay McKenzie
15: Leo Jaques

The Front Rower

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey guys! Just letting everyone know (if they haven't already) JOEYS had a prop play on with a dislocated shoulder!

Anyway, I would put Fittler (right wing) to outside centre, Jaques (outside centre) to fullback, and have McKenzie (fullback) at right wing. This was the backline they had last year when they were in year 11 and they were doing much better than they are now. When Large comes back I would have him at inside centre and put Lemoto (inside centre) in the forwards. The 2XV fullback is Will Johnson and he definitely is deserving of a start in the firsts, maybe you could throw him in at flyhalf and drop Soepono to give him a bit of motivation and see how Will Johnson goes in firsts.
Completely agree the backline is clunky. This weekend is a must win for Scots. Agree with the above big changes/ or play kids in the positions they have played in last season. The backs in their original positions are very good.

9. Max Paterson
10. W. Johnson
11. T. O'Hara
12. Heinz Lamoto
13. Zac Fittler
14. Ja Mckenzie
15. L. Jackques

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)

Heard when Onitoni returns from injury he will return to #12 and Lemoto will move to flanker not sure whether 6 or 7.

ruckncoke89

Bob McCowan (2)
Riverview should have put another 20 points on Newington as they continued to make mistakes in the Newington 22. although the view boys had a win it almost seemed they were disappointed knowing they had much more to give.

scots will be out to get them this weekend. It could go either way in my opinion.

RNK